Months ago I added myself to their notification service, waiting for their support of the Playbook. Today I got the following email.

The first OneNote client for Blackberry Playbook has become available!
    October 10, 2012
    With great pleasure we inform users of BlackBerry devices that we have released the MobileNoter SE BlackBerry version and it is available on the App World now!

MobileNoter SE for BlackBerry is the first application that allows you to store, view and modify your OneNote documents on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, moreover, the formatting is exactly the same as on the PC. The following hot features will also meet the expectations of OneNote user on BlackBerry:

Edit and create new text, inks on pages, adding pictures from galleries or camera
    Integrated Dropbox, SkyDrive and MS Sharepoint sync functionality
    Create new pages and sections
    Create audio/video recordings
    Search through the notes
    Look through the tags summary
    Password Protected sections support
    We encourage you to use this handy and useful app and we are looking forward to hear your feedback. We are open to your suggestions and comments!

Visit our blog for more information.

Sincerely,
    The MobileNoter Team
    10-10-12 02:27 PM
    20$ for a android port...I'll pass. Thanks though.
    10-10-12 04:08 PM
    Months ago I added myself to their notification service, waiting for their support of the Playbook. Today I got the following email.
    I almost busted a NUT!!! I just returned from Blackberry App World. Let's just say I went from wood to putty. I read the 1st and only review (Surprise!! it wasn't from the developer). Not looking so hot for a $20.00 App. If they wanted to charge this much for it they should have added MORE features and a trial run. Enough of my rantings. Here's the first and only review of the application:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...h=true&lang=en

Ratings and Reviews (1) 1
    Complete Rip Off!!
    October 11, 2012
    Version 4.2.1

To start the app only syncs over USB or the cloud(paid service) This isn't even a true sync. You must manually copy and paste files onto your tablet. The sync process is to copy the updated files and paste them over the pc files. This is just a stupid idea. What if I make changes on the pc. Also, the app crashes every time I try to access a notebook. (I have the latest OS).

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!

Please stop filling us Blackberry user's heads with false hopes and promises?
    10-11-12 03:13 AM
    Ouch...

I'll admit I wasn't going to be the first to try it, but appreciate those that were willing. Good info.
    10-11-12 07:54 AM
    So now it's back to the drawing board for this developer and back to hoping and dreaming for us users. I appreciate the effort still.
    10-12-12 03:37 AM
    So I went ahead and bought it. No question the pricing is very high. But it turns out that it actually works really well and has quite a few good features. Let me sum them up. I think that for those that need it, it may be worth it!!

-Syncs onenote with skydrive, dropbox. I'd like sugarsync myself. Also would say that the sync time is fairly slow... find it ends up downloading fairly quickly, but upload is slow given limitations of bandwidth.

-has the ability to create notes with handwriting, embed videos and pictures and also record audio. So basically can sit and record a meeting, or add multimedia to notes. These features work extremely well. But again note that video sizes add to sync time online. But if you keep a local onenote file and then copying over USB, not too bad.

-because it's android, it doesn't link to the native browser -- links open in the android browser.

I've tried evernote and I think this works much much better. I also like onenote at the office. So overall, i'd say it works well for accessing your office onenote files and also creating additional notes.

I should add--I'd give the developer a break here. Yes it is an android port--but the developer seems to have done work to prepare it for the playbook. I recall trying to sideload this program a while back (trying to port it from android myself and it didn't work). Also, the help files and support docs are all written for the playbook.... so yes it is an android port...but it isn't just a straight port over as I can tell...

Pricey yes---but i'm willing to pay for decent software...
    10-13-12 08:22 PM
    So this app will auto sync notes with Onenote on a computer and vice versa? Will any of the other note apps do this? I've been looking for this ability for a while but I haven't seen any that will do this.
    10-14-12 01:12 AM
    So this app will auto sync notes with Onenote on a computer and vice versa? Will any of the other note apps do this? I've been looking for this ability for a while but I haven't seen any that will do this.
    yes. Haven't seen any other app yet that does

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-12 10:46 PM
    So now it's back to the drawing board for this developer and back to hoping and dreaming for us users, right ?
    10-15-12 08:47 AM
    Pojemniki na piasek najlepszej jekości i w bardzo przystępnych cenach dostępne od ręki
    10-15-12 08:48 AM
    See my post here for a really neat combination of software using mobilenoter and genial writing2

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ng-app-619737/

They work really well together
    10-15-12 09:10 AM
    I bought MobileNoter. In the UK it is �20. Not sure why especially as it seems to be an Android Port. The US version is $20 and the Android Tablet version $14.99.
    That said I was desperate for a product to work and was willing to pay for that. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my particular sync scenario.
    It's certainly not as bad as the first review posted further up this chain - subsequently removed as it was inaccurate. It does without doubt sync with SkyDrive - I haven't tried Dropbox - and this is not a paid for service. It can also be used as a stand alone OneNote editor and, yes you will have to copy these files back and forth to 'sync' but this would be much the same as Word or any other document so they can't be marked down for that. They don't claim anything different.
    It seems to sync OK back and forth with SkyDrive albeit slowly. If this is all you want to do then it may be OK. Having said that they have posted on their AppWorld page that it doesn't sync with OneNote 13 which is the current version on SkyDrive - they're apparently working to fix this.
    My particular scenario includes a Nokia Lumia 800 running Windows Mobile and this is where the failure happened. Synchronising with SkyDrive, Nokia and Playbook ran into sync errors on the Nokia. Under certain circumstances there was a sync error on the Nokia which subsequently stopped that page from syncing anymore. It thought it was up to date but clearly wasn't. I had to completely recreate my notes to ensure I hadn't lost anything.
    If this wasn't enough I posted a review on App World with my findings. This has been removed, presumably by the seller so they can try to shift more units.
    I mailed the seller with my issues including the sync problem but also other fundamental flaws and issues as follows:

1) The conflict resolution feature doesn�t seem to work. On conflicts there is a brief information notice outside the MobileNoter app but no option to choose which conflict to keep. It is set to ask in the settings.

2) It doesn�t auto-capitalise the beginnings of paragraphs or sentences

3) In order to edit a note you have to pull the menu bar down and choose Edit. This is not like OneNote where you just click and type and it autosaves as you go. You have to bring the menu bar down and choose Done to save in mobilenoter. This is counter intuitive if you�re trying to emulate OneNote. Same for when you create a new note. Surely if you create a note you want to then add information to it. Why do you then have to bring down the menu to choose Edit?

4) The Back button at the bottom left of the screen doesn�t work � this appears when bringing the menu bar down. You therefore have to use the standard Blackberry swipe which is very frustrating or inevitably go back to the MobileNoter home screen and start again which is equally frustrating. You should be able to go back with a button from any page.

5) Select Text doesn�t work.

6) Help Files are too brief to be of help. I want something that tells me what the settings mean.

7) Existing notes do not word wrap when opened in MobileNoter so you have to pinch the screen to resize. Even then the ends of some are still cut off.

8) When the Playbook goes into standby while MobileNoter is open and it woken up it turns into a black page which you have to �wake up� by swiping the screen downwards. All other Apps just carry on where they left off.

If these problems are sorted then maybe it would be worth �20. We shouldn't expect something for nothing but if you are paying a premium price you should expect a premium product. MobileNoter SE is far from being a Premium Product in its current incarnation.

I have successfully applied for my money back.

Hope this helps others in their decision making.
    10-31-12 05:39 PM
    Why are they allowed to remove reviews? That's blatant nonsense.
    11-01-12 03:13 AM
    Why are they allowed to remove reviews? That's blatant nonsense.
    A good question. I'm not 100% sure that MobileNoter did but it's difficult to believe that anyone else would.
    I would have thought it would be a possibility to do so if someone blatently tells untruths (like the first one posted mentioned above) but again I would have thought you would have to apply to do this to make it a fair system.
    When I called Blackberry support to get my money back I was told that App World is a showcase for developers to show their products i.e. not a store as such. Maybe this distinction makes it possible for developers to manipulate reviews.
    11-07-12 07:29 AM
    Well, I'm not going to get on here and bash the app more that I already have but I will say that I'm seriously frustated and disappointed with the app. I read my first post and thought that I was being unfair and spoke on something I didn't try for myself. I bought the application the following week. After working with it , I've come to the conclusion that it really and truly does not do what it sys it will do. This app is really not worth the $20.

I will say to the developer (if he/she are reading this and other forums) is that you shouldn't throw out half baked apps for one OS and go all out for the others. I know there is a great divide between iOS, Android, and BB users but as a developer, you don't want to feed into that drama. You develop applications for your own reasons but the biggest one (no matter how you look at it) is to make some money. In doing so, you're also putting your reputation as a developer and bussiness man/woman out there. What you do for the other OS' should be the same across the board. Don't go all out for iOS and Android and then throw me a bone just because I preferr BB over the other 2.

I wanted an app of this nature because I really use the OneNote app at work, school and home. My Playbook goes everywhere with me. I want to be able to connect to and jot down information on my Playbook so that it could be added to my notes in OneNote. I say if you really didn't want to put the energy into developing a $20 application, then don't do it at all. Just like Archie Fatcacky said, If I pay for a PREMIUM application, then I want it to WORK like a PREMIUM application.

Please, either go back to the drawing board with this app and drop some updates or take it out of app world all together.
    11-13-12 12:52 AM
    I bought MobileNoter. In the UK it is �20. Not sure why especially as it seems to be an Android Port. The US version is $20 and the Android Tablet version $14.99.
    That said I was desperate for a product to work and was willing to pay for that. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my particular sync scenario.
    It's certainly not as bad as the first review posted further up this chain - subsequently removed as it was inaccurate. It does without doubt sync with SkyDrive - I haven't tried Dropbox - and this is not a paid for service. It can also be used as a stand alone OneNote editor and, yes you will have to copy these files back and forth to 'sync' but this would be much the same as Word or any other document so they can't be marked down for that. They don't claim anything different.
    It seems to sync OK back and forth with SkyDrive albeit slowly. If this is all you want to do then it may be OK. Having said that they have posted on their AppWorld page that it doesn't sync with OneNote 13 which is the current version on SkyDrive - they're apparently working to fix this.
    My particular scenario includes a Nokia Lumia 800 running Windows Mobile and this is where the failure happened. Synchronising with SkyDrive, Nokia and Playbook ran into sync errors on the Nokia. Under certain circumstances there was a sync error on the Nokia which subsequently stopped that page from syncing anymore. It thought it was up to date but clearly wasn't. I had to completely recreate my notes to ensure I hadn't lost anything.
    If this wasn't enough I posted a review on App World with my findings. This has been removed, presumably by the seller so they can try to shift more units.
    I mailed the seller with my issues including the sync problem but also other fundamental flaws and issues as follows:

1) The conflict resolution feature doesn�t seem to work. On conflicts there is a brief information notice outside the MobileNoter app but no option to choose which conflict to keep. It is set to ask in the settings.

2) It doesn�t auto-capitalise the beginnings of paragraphs or sentences

3) In order to edit a note you have to pull the menu bar down and choose Edit. This is not like OneNote where you just click and type and it autosaves as you go. You have to bring the menu bar down and choose Done to save in mobilenoter. This is counter intuitive if you�re trying to emulate OneNote. Same for when you create a new note. Surely if you create a note you want to then add information to it. Why do you then have to bring down the menu to choose Edit?

4) The Back button at the bottom left of the screen doesn�t work � this appears when bringing the menu bar down. You therefore have to use the standard Blackberry swipe which is very frustrating or inevitably go back to the MobileNoter home screen and start again which is equally frustrating. You should be able to go back with a button from any page.

5) Select Text doesn�t work.

6) Help Files are too brief to be of help. I want something that tells me what the settings mean.

7) Existing notes do not word wrap when opened in MobileNoter so you have to pinch the screen to resize. Even then the ends of some are still cut off.

8) When the Playbook goes into standby while MobileNoter is open and it woken up it turns into a black page which you have to �wake up� by swiping the screen downwards. All other Apps just carry on where they left off.

If these problems are sorted then maybe it would be worth �20. We shouldn't expect something for nothing but if you are paying a premium price you should expect a premium product. MobileNoter SE is far from being a Premium Product in its current incarnation.

I have successfully applied for my money back.

Hope this helps others in their decision making.
    for $20 it should be perfect. hopefully developer will fix all these issues in next update

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-13-12 05:30 AM