Hi Everyone,

We�re here again with another stylish app for all you musicians and aspiring musicians! Groovy Beats- our very own DJ Mixer for the PlayBook!

Groovy Beats has a grid with several squares. Each row on the grid corresponds to a different instrument/sound while each column corresponds to a different point in time. Just tap on any of the squares to select your sounds and you�re good to go!

Main Features:

� Choose from a huge collection of sounds. Browse through Groovy Beats� sound library and buy even more groovy sound packs!
    � Options to save your favorite tracks and load them back
    � Loop: Hit the Loop button to play a particular beat in a continuous loop. You can also adjust the tempo.
    � Draft: Toggle between Draft and Final play modes. Draft mode allows quick playback and editing on the fly, while the Final mode is more precise, but takes a little more time to generate.

Groovy Beats Sounds:

� Bass/ Kick Drums
    � Snares
    � Percussions
    � Synth/Bass
    � Guitar
    � Piano
    � Loops
    � And more�.

Groovy Beats Sound Packs:

� Africa
    � Rock/Pop
    � Trance
    � Dance
    � Hiphop
    � Arabia

Read more about Groovy beats and download it for free from the BlackBerry App World here.

If you enjoy using Groovy Beats, please do leave a review for us on the App World. Please email us your queries or suggestions to bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com.
    09-28-12 07:57 AM
    Just downloading now. I guess the hook is the sound packets as a way to monetize this app. I would expect nothing but a solid offering from Xlabz. The UI looks fantastic of course, consistent with your other Playbook apps. I will try this out for a few days and be sure to post an honest review in app world.

Thanks!
    XLabz likes this.
    09-28-12 08:16 AM
    Just downloading now. I guess the hook is the sound packets as a way to monetize this app. I would expect nothing but a solid offering from Xlabz. The UI looks fantastic of course, consistent with your other Playbook apps. I will try this out for a few days and be sure to post an honest review in app world.

Thanks!
    Thanks a lot! Fingers crossed and hoping you enjoy Groovy Beats Do spread the word if you like it!
    09-28-12 08:28 AM
    I'll download this one later for sure. Thanks for letting us know!
    Enjoy the eeek-end.
    XLabz likes this.
    09-28-12 08:54 AM
    Cool.... downloading now on both my PlayBooks. Thanks!
    XLabz likes this.
    09-28-12 09:00 AM
    I'll download this one later for sure. Thanks for letting us know!
    Enjoy the eeek-end.

Thanks! If you're into music, you might also want to check out our other music app- Synth Pad - a free synthesizer/ drum pad for PlayBook: Free Synth Pad - Synthesizer for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Synth Pad - Synthesizer for BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Lhendr likes this.
    09-28-12 09:04 AM
    Cool.... downloading now on both my PlayBooks. Thanks!
    Great! Hope you like it
    09-28-12 09:06 AM
    This looks pretty slick, I like the GUI. My question is, if/when will there be an upgrade functionality added to allow a dj to use/edit their own sound "packs"?
    09-28-12 10:44 AM
    Downloading both now! Thanks for creating this.
    09-28-12 10:44 AM
    This looks pretty slick, I like the GUI. My question is, if/when will there be an upgrade functionality added to allow a dj to use/edit their own sound "packs"?
    Hi! Thanks for your suggestion. We might consider doing that in the future.
    09-28-12 11:21 AM
    whelp...im not gonna get much done at work this afternoon....Thanks Xlabz...hahaha
    XLabz likes this.
    09-28-12 11:26 AM
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or just misinterpreting the intention of the app.....but I'm not able to import songs from my music library into the app. What am I doing wrong?
    godsend85 likes this.
    09-28-12 12:08 PM
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or just misinterpreting the intention of the app.....but I'm not able to import songs from my music library into the app. What am I doing wrong?
    Hi. As of now, you can't import songs into the app. But we will be adding that feature in the future.
    09-28-12 12:53 PM
    This looks great! As a musician I would love to use time signatures other than 4/4 though. Perhaps more could be added in the future. Thanks Xlabz.
    XLabz likes this.
    09-28-12 02:58 PM
    Hi. As of now, you can't import songs into the app. But we will be adding that feature in the future.
    Sounds good to both.. I was losing my mind thinking I was doing something wrong. App looks sweet...keep up the great work.
    XLabz likes this.
    09-28-12 02:58 PM
    down loaded minutes ago thanks guys
    XLabz likes this.
    09-28-12 03:08 PM
    Thanks everyone for all the kind words
    09-29-12 01:07 AM
    Grrrr, it's too early in the morning for me to try these two apps out!

P.S. I want XLabz' babies.

P.P.S. Litterally.
    09-29-12 08:02 AM
    Okay, so I've given this a whirl. The look and feel of it are good, and it's pretty clear and user friendly. For a free app, it's great!

Let's be honest though, when you have to pay 0.99$ to unlock the save feature, it's not really a free app. It's a 0.99$ app. Practically speaking, I don't see many people staying interested when you have to remake your sounds each time you start the app up.

So, as a 0.99$ app, it's definitely limited on features. What exactly would we be saving? A sound pattern and instrument load out? With only 4 pattern tables, you can only make a loop that cycles between 4 patterns. And among those 4 patterns, only 8 instruments can be loaded at any given time.

I think what would help this app's applicability would be more pattern tables, a song board to plug the patterns into to actually make a song, the ability to load different instruments into each of the pattern tables, and the ability to save the entire project for future editing, and the ability to save the song board as an mp3. Being able to save the song board as an mp3 would let us use the music in mixing software, like PaceMaker.
    09-29-12 04:32 PM
    How does this compare with Pacemaker?
    09-29-12 08:09 PM
    How does this compare with Pacemaker?
    Pacemaker is a mixing software that uses already made songs. Groovy Beats, at the moment, is not a mixing software. It's a track/beat/music making app. It compares to software like Fruity Loops, and Caustic 2.

If you know these softwares, the comparison between the three lies mostly in the "user friendly" category. Of the three, Groovy Beats is the most user friendly. Ofcourse, the other side of the "user friendly" coin is the "control/depth" side. Like with photo editing software, the more user friendly the software is, in my experience, the less depth and control the user actually has.

And so, for "control/depth", Fruity Loops stands tallest.
    09-30-12 10:07 AM
    Hi,
    can you add more options? Waveform, p. Width, tone, cutoff, reso, eve. Mod, decay, accent, and much more. There's people willing to pay for this app. It's almost professional.
    Thanks,

Sent from my BlackBerry� PlayBook�
    Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com
    02-21-14 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD