• yes, i want to play minecraft on my playbook, and ill pay 0.99$ for it

68 59.65%
  • Yes, i want to play minecraft on my playbook BUT i want it for FREE

12 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    ***MINECRAFT ON THE BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK***
    **first build with original minecraft skins ! we might change them later**

**Idea of how it should look**

NOTE: the castle is made with *added* cheats to speed up the inapp developement (i don't have a lot of time testing :P)
    i know, the move/action button sucks

Hi all ! I have a question for u guys.
    Is someone interested in Minecraft for the Playbook ?!
    I have a friend that is a very good APP developer ! He can port/rewrite it for the Playbook ! BUT i want to know if anyone is interested so please leave a comment behind !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, i've got him so far that he'll make this app !
    • 3D view
    • Sounds
    • Standard items;
      Stone
      Grass
      Dirt
      Cobblestone
      Sand
      Wood
      Water
      AND MORE !
    • Day/Night
    • (Future developement) Online server
    • Unlimited lives / huge Health

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeroen
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 05-22-12 at 11:03 AM.
    Denus, spyhomer, ekafara and 4 others like this.
    04-16-12 08:47 AM
    oh please please if this happened i would be so happy i would gladly pay 0.99 for it
    04-16-12 09:49 AM
    Would most definitely be interested and would pay more than $0.99. My son plays for HOURS on end and it would be cool to let him play when we're traveling without having to pullout his laptop. So you've got at least one sale already!
    ekafara likes this.
    04-16-12 09:56 AM
    I will definitely be interested. My kid love this game. It's like the biggest lego in the world.
    04-16-12 10:02 AM
    If it's well ported and is updated on a decent basis, I'd easily pay 4.99 or more!
    04-16-12 10:22 AM
    oh yeah....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 10:36 AM
    Sure, please bring it on!!
    04-16-12 11:06 AM
    Not trying to be too negative here, but I have to call the integrity of the OP into question. Do a google image search on that 2nd image with the "real in-app screenshot". That EXACT image (minus the PB border) is instantly viewable on a ton of sites from the exact same camera angle and everything. That is definitely not a real in-app shot.

Also, as someone who has played MC for a while, i also doubt the validity of the first image. I'm sure if you removed that frame and did a search, you would see similar results.

And third, this item in the "features" list: "Unlimited lives / huge Health" makes no sense. There are no "lives" in minecraft and i'm not even sure what "huge health" would mean.

I too am a software developer, and if you take a look at the various incarnations of minecraft for mobile on other platforms, you'll see that even the official one for android/iOS looks nothing like those screenshots. And they have had almost a year of full time development on it.

The game itself is closed-source. While it is possible to re-engineer a lot of it (and there has been significant work there). Someone just tinkering around for a few days (as the OP states) can't possibly be anywhere close to that level of progress.

So again, i don't mean to sound too harsh here, but either the OP's friend is misleading him, or something else is going on.
    Yaceka and lewisshepherd like this.
    04-16-12 11:21 AM
    And third, this item in the "features" list: "Unlimited lives / huge Health" makes no sense. There are no "lives" in minecraft and i'm not even sure what "huge health" would mean.
    Minecraft is all about survival ; creepers can hurt you, spiders can hurt you. you'll have 6 'hearts' just like in the real game.

The game itself is closed-source. While it is possible to re-engineer a lot of it (and there has been significant work there). Someone just tinkering around for a few days (as the OP states) can't possibly be anywhere close to that level of progress.

So again, i don't mean to sound too harsh here, but either the OP's friend is misleading him, or something else is going on.
    he has done this before with a game called; Thootjecraft so the source code is already available.

I too am a software developer, and if you take a look at the various incarnations of minecraft for mobile on other platforms, you'll see that even the official one for android/iOS looks nothing like those screenshots. And they have had almost a year of full time development on it.
    we are using flash instead of java.

well, you'll see if you're right with are your commentary when the game comes out !
    Jeroen
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 04-16-12 at 12:10 PM.
    CptArm3D likes this.
    04-16-12 11:33 AM
    "Wolfenstien" !!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!
    04-16-12 12:05 PM
    Yes.
    Freaking.
    Please.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...raft-d-656720/

In other news gimme some Beta please.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 04-16-12 at 01:21 PM.
    04-16-12 12:10 PM
    Yeah sure why not?
    04-16-12 12:12 PM
    Like i said, i am a big minecraft fan and i hope that i am wrong. I'll definitely subscribe to this thread for updates.
    04-16-12 12:50 PM
    I bought Minecraft for EUR19.95, you can even charge USD4.99 if you want to
    04-16-12 05:08 PM
    It'll be awesome to see Minecraft on the PlayBook/BB10 platform!
    BB.Forever likes this.
    04-16-12 05:11 PM
    Do it for the children...

My kids would love this.
    04-16-12 05:18 PM
    Shut up, do it and take my money!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE[/YT]

PLEASE!
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    04-16-12 05:29 PM
    Sounds good to me, but I'm assuming that you don't have the rights to Minecraft for the PB so you're talking about a clone, not an actual port of Minecraft right?

Either way I'd be interested.
    04-16-12 05:57 PM
    Don't get me wrong I'm not calling you a liar or anything but, after someone pointed out that you could find that screen shot on Google, and you have since changed it, I'm pretty sure that the move buttons are a little different, there was a small imperfection in how they were made which I was pretty sure I saw with the last "screenshot" that isn't there now. All I'm saying is it's a little interesting... :P
    04-16-12 10:07 PM
    Sounds good to me, but I'm assuming that you don't have the rights to Minecraft for the PB so you're talking about a clone, not an actual port of Minecraft right?

Either way I'd be interested.
    i don't have the right to do that, so it will be called different, and it will have different skins and more...

we are working on it right know. i assume that we'll have some more screenshots tonight

Jeroen
    04-17-12 08:19 AM
    Oh yeah, definitely interested! :d

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 11:44 AM
    awesome!!!
    mapsonburt likes this.
    04-17-12 02:22 PM
    Yes please I would pay for minecraft on my pb. Is there any time frame on how long the port will take and when I can give you my money .
    Last edited by Tommygun65; 04-22-12 at 06:47 AM.
    04-22-12 06:00 AM
    shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 08:18 AM
    Any news about this?
    05-02-12 07:54 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD