Is there no native appworld or converted android app that manages memory/ram for the playbook. I despise how my memory slowly decreases over the course a day or two. Like how when you restart the playbook you have around ~600MBish of ram to use, but as a day or two pass by only 250ish is free when no apps are open.

I liked how you could free up your ram with SBSettings or any other application on iOS devices when they were jailbroken, or some apps for Android.

Either they need to let us free up RAM or make the next OS less memory hungry. BB10 may use less memory depending on how much ram the phones will have.
    03-27-12 11:43 AM
    maybe a new PB OS udpate shows up, it will have better mem management.
    03-27-12 11:48 AM
    I think os updsate is right around the corner
    coverk likes this.
    03-27-12 12:00 PM
    It is not possible to write such an app for the PlayBook, so it would have to be provided as an OS service. Right now, a periodic reboot is your only option.

I can generally go 2-3 days before really needing that right now, with moderate use. With heavy use probably a day. (In this case "heavy use" doesn't refer to running games a lot, but specifically in my case lots of jumping between Messages, Browser, BB News, and Android.)
    03-27-12 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD