There are 4 or 5 apps by Skylab Mobilesystems in the top 25 purchased list - most with quite high ratings. But I am getting mixed feelings from reading the actual comments. I am interested in the GPS Cycle Map. Is it worth the $4.99 or would I be better off just using the OpenStreetMap.org cycle map with the browser?
    07-16-11 09:33 AM
    i downloaded their GPS World map thinking it was a map app with maps, but it actually just uses the open street maps. After the latest update they made it possible to show gps status and various gps data. It is the best of the maps apps other than Bing. Really better than Bing if you want to see the gps status.
    07-16-11 10:45 AM
    Bing has been working great for me since the 1.0.5 os update. (not coincidentally, this is when I was finally able get GPS to function properly in my own app). Poynt is working really well now too - especially the bt integration with my 9700. I wish those api's were available to me!

My bike was stolen recently but I'm dying to get back on and continue to explore the bike path network in Toronto. Does GPS Cycle Map have anything to offer besides basic GPS tracking of where I've been?
    07-16-11 11:11 AM
    The Magellan Compass app is pretty cool to. We're expecting a new release from them soon as well that will include Yelp integration. I've used it for navigation in the car with my Mifi device and it worked quite well!
    07-16-11 11:44 AM
    The Skylap map apps are a scam. Do not pay good money. They don't work. Period.
    02-09-12 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD