Okay, I asked if anyone was working on DOSBox and you guys blew me away by banging it out fast.

I'm going to try my luck again and ask if anyone is porting MAME or thinking about it?
    drleto likes this.
    11-22-11 12:00 PM
    K, same lack of response I got when I first asked about DOSBox.

Surely I am not the only one that is interested in something like this?
    11-23-11 10:11 AM
    +1 on this one. I'd love to see it as well.
    12-16-11 02:49 PM
    Look what has just, literally, been released for the Iphone/Ipad: iMAME emulation app hits the App Store, humanity cheers in unison -- Engadget

To say I am jealous - the answer is an obvious YES! Now to start emailing the developers of iMame to beg them to bring it to the Playbook!
    12-21-11 11:17 PM
    Any news on Mame for the Playbook.

Also Apple pulled the iMame app and no where to be found unfortunaltely
    02-10-12 09:49 AM
    Aren't there some Android Mame emulators you could convert for the book of play?
    02-10-12 10:11 AM
    Aren't there some Android Mame emulators you could convert for the book of play?
    It would be interesting to see if a conversion of this would work:

imame4all - MAME for ALL iOS and Android Devices. - Google Project Hosting

I use iMame4All on my EVO 3d and have used it on various Honeycomb tablets...works just great. Would be nice to see it ported to the PB tho!

EDIT: It is actually called "iMame4All" for the iPhone/iPad, and "Mame4Droid" for Android. Still, the same code.
    02-10-12 11:01 AM
    Okay, I asked if anyone was working on DOSBox and you guys blew me away by banging it out fast.

I'm going to try my luck again and ask if anyone is porting MAME or thinking about it?
    I saw no lack of respect here. Not everybody knows of everything and sometimes it takes a while to people to get to the thread...

That said, I too would like mame4pb and also neopbgeo.
    02-10-12 11:28 AM
    Requests noted! We will do our best!
    02-10-12 11:31 AM
    Mame would certainly be an incredible addition to the Playbook for sure. I think the performance will be incredible.
    02-28-12 12:54 AM
    +1
    I would love it if someone would port it over to the playbook and it would be awesome if save states were included with the emulator.
    02-28-12 01:06 AM
    Not sure if people tried already but I converted the APK to a BAR for both Mame4Droid and Mame4Droid Reloaded. While both converted succeesfully, they would not open on my Playbook. They both started to open and then immediately died and needed a Force Close.

So...that sucks :-) Guess we'll just have to develop our own eh?
    04-23-12 09:43 AM
    Oh that's a bummer. Was looking forward to trying mame4droid. Thanks for trying and reporting.
    04-23-12 06:53 PM
    I would be interested to see which games are playable on this platform. I built a full mame cab a couple years back and have been tweaking it ever since. You would be surprised at how much CPU and graphics power are required to emulate some of the more advanced arcade games. Anything with 3D is a particular challenge (think tekken and the later street fighter games).

There is also the obvious question of the touch interface vs. buttons and joysticks. I've tried some platform-ish type games on the playbook and they playable, but there are a lot of arcade games that are button mashers that require precise and quick joystick/button combos. Not sure how well that would translate to any tablet.

Either way, donkey kong, galaga, and time pilot would be awesome to try on the playbook. Hope it happens.
    Creaulx likes this.
    04-24-12 06:54 AM
    I saw no lack of respect here. Not everybody knows of everything and sometimes it takes a while to people to get to the thread...

That said, I too would like mame4pb and also neopbgeo.
    Haven't seen this thread pop up for a while and missed this comment. Not sure where you thought I was talking about a lack of respect? I was so impressed with the response I got for DOSBox that I was just keeping this alive so that people would see it.

Still hoping for this.
    04-24-12 10:32 AM
    + 1 for MAME of any kind. Galaga/Galaxian, all the Pac-Man variants, Donkey Kong, 1941-42-43, Time Pilot, man - there are so many great old games... The next PB (assuming RIM survives the year intact) should really have a full (micro?) USB port for a number of reasons, not the least of which is game controller use.
    04-24-12 11:29 AM
    I'll bump this request thread so it isn't lost.

A MAME port for PB would make me sooooooooooo happy!
    05-13-12 01:58 PM
    Hi,

How about MESS too? While some of the consoles have gotten an emulator on the PlayBook, there is a conspicuous lack of Atari systems.

Gina
    05-14-12 06:08 AM
    MESS is a mess, the goal is to achieve a perfect system emulation, without speed hacks or similar, so it's slower than other emulators.
    While on a desktop cpu you won't notice the difference, on a mobile CPU it's better to port a dedicated Atari emulator
    05-14-12 07:42 AM
    I would like to be able to run my favorite roms as well, but I'll keep in mind that arcade games are not really playable without a real arcade stick and big red buttons!
    I wouldn't know how to reach a high score in Galaga with virtual controls on screen.
    05-14-12 12:10 PM
    The iCade works on the PB, I would love to see a MAME app with keyboard support! I picked up a cheap iCade for testing ppurposes....Plays great on flash games where I can re-map the controls.

Any word on the MAME dev?
    12-21-12 04:04 PM
    +1 for MAME! Please!
    Only had my PB for 6 weeks - VERY happy with it.
    As soon as I realised there were emulators available for it I thought "YES! MAME".
    Unfortunately not!
    Seeing as MAME has been ported to almost every other device going it seems a no-brainer.
    Hopefully some of these clever guys can get it done.
    02-05-13 07:35 AM
    There is a Neogeo emulator for the playbook that works perfectly:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=752601

For the other non neogeo arcade games you can use retroarch and its fba core.
    09-01-13 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD