Time to make a road trip and try this puppy out.....
    05-07-12 09:02 AM
    Yes I just got it also, very big update, got voice turn by turn now & much more, works great here in Denver
    05-07-12 09:17 AM
    Gave it a go this morning. Works as a stand-alone gps and works over bridge much better.
    05-07-12 09:30 AM
    Works over bridge? Great can't wait to take it for a spin.
    05-07-12 10:43 AM
    Don't you still need internet connection to work? Because it uses Map Quest/Open Street Maps which needs data to load.

And why it no longer uses Google Maps? Map Quest and Open Street Maps doesn't have good coverage of my country (Malaysia). I hope I can go back to 2.1.0.
    05-07-12 12:44 PM
    Just downloaded the trial - so excited! Only problem is the GPS keeps saying I am located in a city 90 minutes away. (Devcon and Old Bayshore Hwy.) Guess my driving directions will always be off...
    05-07-12 02:09 PM
    Just downloaded the trial - so excited! Only problem is the GPS keeps saying I am located in a city 90 minutes away. (Devcon and Old Bayshore Hwy.) Guess my driving directions will always be off...
    Are you sure you know where you live? Have you been taking anything that affects the ability to locate yourself? Seriously though, I haven't had a chance to really examine the app, but I thought I saw an option to use Open Source and something else? Maynbe try the other option?
    05-07-12 02:16 PM
    Don't you still need internet connection to work? Because it uses Map Quest/Open Street Maps which needs data to load.

And why it no longer uses Google Maps? Map Quest and Open Street Maps doesn't have good coverage of my country (Malaysia). I hope I can go back to 2.1.0.
    they are saying that you can store map data up to 2 gig... but I still doubt it is sufficient.. Just goes to show how bad Playbook owners would like a sat nav, this seems to be a decent little app, but its no sat nav. are you listening RIM!? ..
    05-07-12 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD