Does Magellan Compass use Yelp.ca? or just Yelp.com info?

The reason I ask, is that whenever I try to pull up any info (such as hotels, gas stations, ect. I get a blank list.)

Do any other people have this issue?

So far this is by far the best Map App out there for the PB, & v3 looks to make it even better!

speaking of v3 I see that there will be no weather for Canada in it becuase they were unable to find a compatible weather source in Canada

Jtegen:
    What about accuweather?
    yunvi likes this.
    02-19-12 05:56 PM
    Yes it does. Check out this thread for info on the next version which will include turn by turn.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...videos-699567/
    02-19-12 06:04 PM
    hmm ok, guess there must be another reason as to why Yelp info isn't working for me....
    02-19-12 06:23 PM
    hmm ok, guess there must be another reason as to why Yelp info isn't working for me....
    It seems you're. I just tried it and get the same thing. I was working previously. I'll have to do some troubleshooting.
    02-19-12 08:30 PM
    hmm...Still not working
    02-21-12 07:14 PM
    Yes, there is an issue with Yelp in Magellan Compass. It has to do with a proxy web server being off line. We hope to have that resolved in a few days. We have added to our to do list to look at yelp.ca and make that a preference.
    yunvi likes this.
    02-22-12 07:34 AM
    Does Magellan Compass use Yelp.ca? or just Yelp.com info?

The reason I ask, is that whenever I try to pull up any info (such as hotels, gas stations, ect. I get a blank list.)

Do any other people have this issue?

So far this is by far the best Map App out there for the PB, & v3 looks to make it even better!

speaking of v3 I see that there will be no weather for Canada in it becuase they were unable to find a compatible weather source in Canada

Jtegen:
    What about accuweather?
    you beat me to it. was just looking for some info to put up a post similar to this one.

Yes, there is an issue with Yelp in Magellan Compass. It has to do with a proxy web server being off line. We hope to have that resolved in a few days. We have added to our to do list to look at yelp.ca and make that a preference.
    thanks for the amazing work with this product. Like it alot !
    02-22-12 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    02-22-12 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD