Down around Bloomington, IL today. Started the app and it found my location pretty quickly. 6 bars of GPS. Then about a minute later it said it received no updates from the GPS, leaving me with a correctly moving pointer but only half the map tiles. This never happened in the previous version.

Back to Google Maps for the day...
    GPS issues like this are well know for the device and has little to do with the app. If we dont receive updates from the device, there is little we can do except restart the device outside under a clear sky. It is much better on BB10 devices.
    01-11-13 03:44 PM
    You can also contact us from our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/o2interactiveapps) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/o2interactive). CB is not a normal support channel for us. Between our blog, Facebook, twitter and support email, you should be able to get a hold of us.
    01-11-13 03:48 PM
    People can now register on our blog site. Thanks for pointing that out to us. Again, Facebook, direct support emails and Tweets are the best way to keep track of what is occurring and support items.
    01-11-13 03:58 PM
    (...)
    - Turn approaching announcements are announced too close to the actual turn, which may cause the driver to miss the turn.
    I can confirm this to be an issue for me too. My use is the 'tomtom way': announcing the next turn twice, one way ahead then when arriving on location
    01-13-13 04:08 AM
    GPS issues like this are well know for the device and has little to do with the app. If we dont receive updates from the device, there is little we can do except restart the device outside under a clear sky. It is much better on BB10 devices.
    To me the issue anyhow appears to be related to Magellan in the sense that this 'GPS signal lost' dialog appears very quickly, I'd say in an oversensitive way. Most of the time when I dismiss it I just find the signal is already back: to me, it's like Magellan triggering it instantly upon missing signal, while definitely it should filter this info, and react only after a couple of seconds.
    This btw would avoid whining in each tunnel too for instance, a big disturbance today (while on that one, you definitely could mute the protest dialog based on your knowledge that you are indeed in a tunnel -all the 'native devices' do this IIRC).
    dmlis and hytran like this.
    01-13-13 04:15 AM
    I understand all that. You obviously missed my point that this DID NOT happen in version 3.
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-13-13 09:32 AM
    I understand all that. You obviously missed my point that this DID NOT happen in version 3.
    from their intervention I understand we should in fact reply through their twitter channel of sorts, but this is a bit too much for me...
    01-13-13 11:17 AM
    I've noticed that Magellan Compass 4.0 does a pretty good job with showing me where I am on the map, but the voice dialog sometimes fluctuates between "in one half mile" and "in one quarter mile"... "make a right turn", for example. How can the navigation jump so much when the location marker on the map seems stable? Sometimes, even when I'm not moving, at a stop light, it goes from a "half mile" warning to "quarter mile" warning. It's as if there are some heuristics that guesstimate where I'll be if I was still traveling at the speed I had been traveling. The turn warning is still not far enough ahead and the beeping to indicate the turn sometimes happen after I've made the turn. For practical use so far, Magellan Compass seems more useful as a navigation plotter, to plan a route, which it does very well. For real-time turn-by-turn, it could be better.

Oh, tile updates while bridged, seems to only work with Google Maps. The other map options don't seem to update the tiles properly, leaving many white squares. Maybe this is because Google Maps isn't cached and the other maps cache but the refresh/dirty cache isn't properly updated?
    Herve5 and curve-20 like this.
    01-21-13 04:25 AM
    I think that the manual of this application could be more helpful and the interface more user friendly.

Have tried to register at their blog, but it was impossible due "Image Validation does not match" error. Several times in a row... come on.
    Surprisingly poor customer support for a paid application...
    02-25-13 04:30 AM
    I'm struggling with KML import function.
    Can somebody explain how to use it?

Thanks in advance.
    02-25-13 04:32 AM
    I updated today and now my app is broke. I just have a small x on the screen and it doesn't track. I changed maps and it never loaded.
    02-26-13 05:35 PM
    from their intervention I understand we should in fact reply through their twitter channel of sorts, but this is a bit too much for me...
    And it is impossible to register and to post comments on their blog... Customer support, yeah...
    03-01-13 01:23 PM
    Twitter is a dumb way to provide support, I tried to explain a couple of issues to them in blocks of 140 characters but its difficult, and its impossible to have a conversation the way you can with an email chain or an online bug fix reporting syystem.
    hytran likes this.
    03-01-13 01:32 PM
    So I take it I'm not the only one with trouble with the 4.2 update.

Twitter is a dumb way to provide support, I tried to explain a couple of issues to them in blocks of 140 characters but its difficult, and its impossible to have a conversation the way you can with an email chain or an online bug fix reporting syystem.
    03-01-13 04:48 PM
39 12