for about a month now my PB has not been given the Magellan Compass app the GPS info so I have not be able to use the turn by turn feature, for the most part I have not been able to use the app at all because of it. I reached out Magellan and they state its the PB that has the issue and not their app. I have restarted the PB in a bright sunny day several times with no success, I have removed and reinstalled the app with no success. I also checked the "Applications permission" on the PB and it is set to allow GPS so I'm not sure what to do next. has anyone run into this and got it resolved???
    02-13-13 11:52 AM
    Try this and see if it works:
    Download the free app GPS test from Blackberry world: http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rc...42261806,d.b2U
    Then make sure your playbook is in an open area, run the app and wait for the gps fix, once the app its done (may take a while) open magellan and it should show you your location right away, thats what i always do to get a gps fix and works great.
    thelink74 likes this.
    02-13-13 01:55 PM
    excellent!

very much appreciated..

I also noticed once I loaded the new update to my PB today the 1st app I tried was the Magellan app and it worked and I also downloaded the app you recommneded as well to make sure the GPS is working on my PB for future reference
    Blackman91 likes this.
    02-13-13 08:41 PM
    If I could piggyback on this thread as I was involved in another gps related thread.
    Q: does the Magellan app require constant data or wifi to work as you're driving?
    02-13-13 09:58 PM
    Yes, you can cache map data but most features in magellan require internet connection.
    GV2012 likes this.
    02-13-13 10:41 PM
    Yes, you can cache map data but most features in magellan require internet connection.
    Thanks Blackman, you were alot of help on the other thread also. Are you author or involved in the making of any of these GPS/MAP apps?
    You definitely know alot about em.
    FTR I downloaded the GPS Test app. Just haven't decided on which map app to get foe directions etc.
    02-13-13 11:45 PM
    Thanks Blackman, you were alot of help on the other thread also. Are you author or involved in the making of any of these GPS/MAP apps?
    You definitely know alot about em.
    FTR I downloaded the GPS Test app. Just haven't decided on which map app to get foe directions etc.
    Sadly no, just a big fan of those kind of apps, when I got my playbook I wanted to use it as a gps for my car because I thought the gps technology was so awesome after a friend used it in his phone to get directions, but then I realized most gps/maps apps need internet connection to work and when you are in your car you don't have access to wifi and I didn't want to pay by using the internet of my phone, thats why I prefer the apps that work offline. I use the app Navigator that works completly offline and so far it has been great and more accurate than I thought it would be, I also have a google maps app with navigation on my playbook just in case.
    02-15-13 05:00 AM