magellan app and PB not providing GPS info
for about a month now my PB has not been given the Magellan Compass app the GPS info so I have not be able to use the turn by turn feature, for the most part I have not been able to use the app at all because of it. I reached out Magellan and they state its the PB that has the issue and not their app. I have restarted the PB in a bright sunny day several times with no success, I have removed and reinstalled the app with no success. I also checked the "Applications permission" on the PB and it is set to allow GPS so I'm not sure what to do next. has anyone run into this and got it resolved???The Link
- 02-13-2013, 01:55 PM #2
Try this and see if it works:
Download the free app GPS test from Blackberry world: http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rc...42261806,d.b2U
Then make sure your playbook is in an open area, run the app and wait for the gps fix, once the app its done (may take a while) open magellan and it should show you your location right away, thats what i always do to get a gps fix and works great.
Re: magellan app and PB not providing GPS info
very much appreciated..
I also noticed once I loaded the new update to my PB today the 1st app I tried was the Magellan app and it worked and I also downloaded the app you recommneded as well to make sure the GPS is working on my PB for future referenceThe Link
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-13-2013, 11:45 PM #6
- 332 Posts
You definitely know alot about em.
FTR I downloaded the GPS Test app. Just haven't decided on which map app to get foe directions etc.
- 02-15-2013, 05:00 AM #7
- By PoJoTheCrooked in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-24-2012, 02:02 PM
- By adoral in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2011, 09:07 AM
- By adoral in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2011, 09:07 AM
- By Beakman in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 1Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:29 PM
- By Beakman in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:29 PM