This game has been shown off for quite sometime as a rich, Flash developed game. It's possible to play in the web browser but now it is available as a native app in App World.

Enjoy!

Buy Machinarium - Download Machinarium - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 11-21-11 at 05:25 PM.
    11-21-11 05:10 PM
    i friggin love this game!
    i have wasted so much time on it on my touchpad!

here is a walk through if you get stuck

Machinarium Walkthrough Guide, Review, Discussion, Hints and Tips at Jay is Games
    11-21-11 05:14 PM
    I presume it plays better in an app than the web browser? The web browser version I found to be painfully slow/finicky.
    11-21-11 05:17 PM
    Finally!!
    Been waiting for this game since they showed it off at the PlayBook preview events!
    11-21-11 05:38 PM
    I presume it plays better in an app than the web browser? The web browser version I found to be painfully slow/finicky.
    That is confirmed buddy...runs 10 times faster than the web version on the PB and the inventory bar is permanently docked on the right side so no more trying to swipe up to reveal it. Seriously this game graphically and game play wise is bloody awesome for puzzle buffs!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Darlaten likes this.
    11-21-11 07:27 PM
    @UrbanGlowCam
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I've been waiting for the longest to see this game on the Playbook.

People, It's a beautiful, imaginative game from an independent outfit called Amanita Design. Creative little puzzles and solutions abound.
    Enjoy!
    11-21-11 08:57 PM
    Just downloaded it. Really beautiful.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-21-11 09:22 PM
    This game lags a lot It even crashed on me once. On some of the screens the audio is delayed or keeps doubling. I love this game, but it needs to be optimized for the PB a little better. I am already addicted to it - I just hope they fix the lag.
    11-21-11 11:55 PM
    This game lags a lot It even crashed on me once. On some of the screens the audio is delayed or keeps doubling. I love this game, but it needs to be optimized for the PB a little better. I am already addicted to it - I just hope they fix the lag.
    I definitely noticed the audio repeating in some areas. It was so annoying I had to lower the volume. The lag happens occasionally too.

Overall though, it's a great port!
    11-22-11 12:17 AM
    I've noticed it to, and expect it will receive some bad reviews. It'll be fixed soon for sure, I hope. Although some people just like reviewing after 10sec. of use.
    Anyways, besides the bugs/glitches. I only wish they had hidden the toolbar, and implanted it with QNXs top app finger gesture.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    11-22-11 12:45 AM
    I've noticed it to, and expect it will receive some bad reviews. It'll be fixed soon for sure, I hope. Although some people just like reviewing after 10sec. of use.
    Anyways, besides the bugs/glitches. I only wish they had hidden the toolbar, and implanted it with QNXs top app finger gesture.
    That's a great idea actually. I'll include that suggestion in my review.
    11-22-11 02:04 AM
    I didn't notice any lag or the audio troubles. Curious, are you guys on OS 2, as I am not. Anyhow, the game is awesome, and totally worth the $5.
    11-22-11 04:36 AM
    I am on 1.07. The game ran smooth until there were more characters and animations on screen. The first few levels were fine. I have sent them an email letting them know of the issues. The game is truly fantastic, and one of my all time favorites - if they can fix some of the issues.
    11-22-11 09:06 AM
    I first bought this game months and months ago when it appeared on the Mac App store. Some of the areas were just too perplexing and time-demanding for the little amount of time that I have to sit playing games on my laptop.

SO HAPPY this has made it to the Playbook. I sold off my iOS devices before it made its way to them, but the dazzling Pbook screen brings the hand drawn graphics to life. Machinarium has so much charm to distract you from the infuriatingly puzzle point-n-click adventure. The gameplay is solid, the art style is whimsical and even the story is heart-warming.

On the technical side, I have also noticed the sound effect layers doubling, tripling cont... up and had to turn my volume down until I reached the next area. There's lag too, including the key mini game in the hint book. I've also noticed that when you click in a place or to perform a task, the robot completes the command before he follows another - this can be annoying when it takes 30+ seconds to move a box and he moves it the wrong way so you have to wait, then push it back before you can try again... etc.

But it doesn't detract too much from what is probably my favourite release on Pbook Appworld so far Should be an instabuy for folks. Highly recommended!!
    11-22-11 09:51 AM
    just curious as to how many levels and long this game is?
    11-22-11 09:54 AM
    I've noticed the lag too, the problem seems to be that the game is not properly releasing RAM, it keeps consuming more and more memory the longer you play, i was playing it yesterday for like two hours straight when i noticed the lag, checked my memory and it was like 93 Mb available just using this app and nothing else, i saved my game closed the app and reopened it and it was like 590 Mb free and the game was running smooth again, i think this might be a Flash issue as i've noticed the same behavior on certain on the browser, specially on sites that use image galleries in wich you touch the photo to load the next one, every new photo will consume more and more ram without releasing it to the point that if the gallery is 40 photos long the browser would crash on the last couple of images.

Im on 1.0.7 BTW.
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    11-22-11 11:33 AM
    Thanks, I will keep my eye on the memory usage. That would explain the crash - I bought the game and played it for a few hours. By the end it was really frustrating - It just lagged so much, and eventually crashed. Today it is playing better, the infinite looping of sound effects definitely needs to be fixed.
    11-22-11 03:12 PM
    Is this OS 2.0 compatible?

11-22-11 03:17 PM
    Yes it works on OS2.
    blackberry-pimp likes this.
    11-22-11 04:53 PM
    Is this OS 2.0 compatible?

Yes. in fact it works much better and smoother on OS2 for me.

blackberry-pimp likes this.
    11-23-11 12:13 AM
    Just wanted to say with the new OS update everything seems to be working much better.
    I no longer hear the sound loops in those certain areas anymore, and I haven't seen it lag recently!
    11-24-11 10:45 AM
    +1 The game plays perfectly now.
    11-24-11 11:09 AM
    Just wanted to say with the new OS update everything seems to be working much better.
    I no longer hear the sound loops in those certain areas anymore, and I haven't seen it lag recently!
    Coo! thanks for the info. I was holding off the purchase until the problem is fixed.

This is the latest 1.xx update and not 2.0 update correct?
    11-24-11 12:21 PM
    Yes, it works great on 1.8.
    11-24-11 12:47 PM
    Awesome game.
    11-24-11 09:46 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD