Is anybody else finding that their gmail is not coming in on the playbook anymore? As of yesterday it keeps saying that m.google.com is not responding. Both for a regular gmail account and a Google Apps account.
    03-05-12 02:19 PM
    I thought I was the only one. I can't get to m.hotmail.com for my live.ca account either.

My Exchange account is also not working.

Good thing we have the Bridge.
    03-05-12 02:22 PM
    I had the same problem when 2.0 launched. Delete the email account and re-add the gmail account with the server address as imap.gmail.com, port 993 and encryption as SSL. My GMail kept loggin in a asking to confirm the password over and over with m.google.com and this fix has worked.
    03-05-12 02:25 PM
    Mine's working perfectly so it's not something global like Google blocking PlayBook users.

When using your computer connected to the same network as your PlayBook can you open https://m.google.com ? What about from the PlayBook browser?

I had the same problem when 2.0 launched. Delete the email account and re-add the gmail account with the server address as imap.gmail.com, port 993 and encryption as SSL. My GMail kept loggin in a asking to confirm the password over and over with m.google.com and this fix has worked.
    If you setup an IMAP account you'll lose push, contacts, and calendar.
    03-05-12 02:26 PM
    For what it's worth mine is working fine.

My settings are:

Domain: blank
    Username: full email address
    Email Addres: full email address
    Server Address: m.google.com
    Use SSL: On
    Push: On
    03-05-12 02:32 PM
    Weird. I turned off Wifi, connected by bridge and then added the accounts successfully. Not sure what is going on there!
    03-05-12 02:44 PM
    This happens to me across OS platforms.

Sometimes the best thing to do is delete and re-install the account.

See if that works.
    03-05-12 02:53 PM

If you setup an IMAP account you'll lose push, contacts, and calendar.
    Absolutely not true. My Calendar and Contacts are totally synced with GMAIL and my GMAIL is being pushed both to my BB 9900 and my PlayBook.
    03-05-12 02:54 PM
    m.google.com worked once for me, the first day 2.0 OS launched, then it just stopped working so I had to configure imap manually and that worked
    03-05-12 02:57 PM
    It's seems there are actually issues with gmail on playbook recently. The gmail seems only works with my bridged connection not wifi.

I noticed that my gmail on playbook is not getting new emails at home since early last week, I first thought it was something was messed up with the account settings. So I decided to remove the account and re-add it. But kept getting m.google.com not responding errors when tried to re-add gmail account. Tried reboot the book and still same error.

Then I started to try with disconnect the Bridge connection and setup with WIFI only. Still same error. At last I tried to disconnect WIFI and leave Bridge on, then gmail worked.

I can then turn on my WIFI and still be able to send and receive emails, but the next day, when I back home, gmail stopped getting new emails again.

Now I suspect the gmail on Playbook actually only uses Bridged connections and is using the 3G data even if you are connected to WIFI.

After seeing other people's posts here, I think I am not the only person has this issue.
    03-07-12 08:21 AM
    It's seems there are actually issues with gmail on playbook recently. The gmail seems only works with my bridged connection not wifi.

I noticed that my gmail on playbook is not getting new emails at home since early last week, I first thought it was something was messed up with the account settings. So I decided to remove the account and re-add it. But kept getting m.google.com not responding errors when tried to re-add gmail account. Tried reboot the book and still same error.

Then I started to try with disconnect the Bridge connection and setup with WIFI only. Still same error. At last I tried to disconnect WIFI and leave Bridge on, then gmail worked.

I can then turn on my WIFI and still be able to send and receive emails, but the next day, when I back home, gmail stopped getting new emails again.

Now I suspect the gmail on Playbook actually only uses Bridged connections and is using the 3G data even if you are connected to WIFI.

After seeing other people's posts here, I think I am not the only person has this issue.

Count me in! I am having the exact same issues. My PB is using my home WiFi for the internet/app world etc but will not allow my native email to work. As soon as I go bridge only, it all works. When I try and mess around with the settings I get that m.google.com is not responding bla bla. I set up my gmail as an activesync over bridge sucessfully today (after many attempts and an eventual bat pull on my BB). I will see if that works when I get back to my Wifi later.
    03-07-12 09:35 AM
    me too!

this is a serious problem RIM should fix asap! Really annoys the out of me. WTH? No Email on the Playbook? So what's the meaning of all the 2.0 PIM Apps I ask?
    05-08-12 05:31 PM
    in addition i made some intersting oberservations. apperently the playbook thinks that some email accounts like gmail is linked only to bridge, so thats why it is not working on wifi. I connected my PB with my BB and tried to load emails not only from gmail but also from 3 several email accounts, and guess what? they are gayed out and says no connection. someone must have messed the gmail code in PB maybe?

put it simple:

with bridge enabled: Gmail working. Others don't
    with Wifi enabled: Gmail not working. Others do.

Fix it RIM!!!!
    05-08-12 05:43 PM
    Whats the latest today on setting up gmail on the playbook? I have tried the normal gmail setup with m.google.com and as a Imap account. I used imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com with SSL . Can't remember the port number. Anyway haven't been able to get gmail setup at all. It was working till recently with m.google.com. Anybody got the correct setup info?
    05-09-12 10:15 AM
    Whats the latest today on setting up gmail on the playbook? I have tried the normal gmail setup with m.google.com and as a Imap account. I used imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com with SSL . Can't remember the port number. Anyway haven't been able to get gmail setup at all. It was working till recently with m.google.com. Anybody got the correct setup info?
    use whatever standard setting you want. but make sure you are connected via bridge. if not you will get a connection failure message.
    05-09-12 11:27 AM
    Strange my live.com account works perfectly on bridge or wifi.
    05-09-12 11:46 AM
    I found the problem. When I went to gmail.com and logged in I got a warning message that my google account may have been comprised. Need to change password. My account had been tried to log into from Brazil. I changed the password and updated all devices including my android tablet and playbook and BB phone and all is well
    05-09-12 05:06 PM
    I found the problem. When I went to gmail.com and logged in I got a warning message that my google account may have been comprised. Need to change password. My account had been tried to log into from Brazil. I changed the password and updated all devices including my android tablet and playbook and BB phone and all is well
    well, that was not my problem. i have no warning messages at all. i just cannot get the freaking gmail work on my WIFI!!! damn that sucks. and i called RIM support and they keep telling me i sould restore to factory defaults.
    05-10-12 04:56 AM
    double post
    05-10-12 04:56 AM
    All accounts, hotmail, gmail, yahoo work over wifi (BT) / bridged (VOdafone)/ 3g mifi dongle (3/Three)... Am based in Uk...
    05-10-12 05:55 AM
    I too am having this issue on my PB running 2.0.1.358 - very frustrating as the 2.0 Messages app is so good!

The issue - I cannot send or receive mail via the native Messages app on the Playbook and my Calendar does not sync. My email service is Gmail, syncing three accounts. This problem started to occur around six weeks ago.

How I've tried to troubleshoot -
    - Turned PB off/on
    - Removed Gmail accounts, then tried to re add - this produced 'the m.google.com server is not responding' error. I cannot add my Gmail accounts over my home Wi Fi network.
    - I then tried a factory reset - this did not fix the issue (lucky I backed up).
    - I've also tried adding the Gmail account as a: Gmail, ActiveSync and IMAP (Accounts -> add email -> advanced setup option) all to no avail.

I did find the same intermediate resolution - If I try and add the Gmail account on the PB while connected via bridge to my Bold 9900 it does work (but Wi Fi has to be switched off - on the phone and the PB). As soon as I switch to Wi Fi, I cannot use the native Messages app.

Interestingly, If I try and add the Gmail accounts while connected via Bluetooth tethering to my Bold, it also will NOT work (or if my Bold is connected to the home Wi Fi). Further to that, if I activate Wi Fi hot spot on my Desire HD (Android), I can add the accounts and send and receive email!

I wonder if this is something to do with my Wi Fi router/ISP? I doubt RIM could have got this so wrong? I haven't tried this theory on another Wi Fi network.

The love the messages app on OS 2.0. Really wish it worked properly. Any help appreciated.
    05-19-12 08:14 AM
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but does anybody have a solution to this yet?
    I'm a new PB user, and my Gmail worked over wifi in the native messages application on the first day after I set it up, but has been failing ever since.
    (Works fine bridged of course, as others have said)

What's the conclusion re setting up as imap? Do we lose contact/calendar syncing?

Any help much appreciated… I really want to love this tablet!
    06-16-12 10:02 AM
    I had to wipe device & reload the os. Nothing else worked.
    06-16-12 10:50 AM
    Didn't go back and read the thread but did you delete the account, reboot and re add?
    06-16-12 06:06 PM
    I think it may be a result of declining the m.google.com invalid certificate prompt that appears when you roll the date forward to fix app world issues.
    06-16-12 10:24 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD