I've searched through the threads and I'm having a hard time locating a discussion about good Twitter Clients for the Blackberry Playbook ("BBPB").

Here's what I believe make a good client:
    - Support for multiple accounts
    - Good multimedia support
    - smart interface
    - does not drain battery (by default or through recommended configuration)
    - responsive UI
    - remembers last twit read.

This last item is vital to me. I don't have that much time to be checking Twitter every 20 mins, so many times I go 2-3 hours without reading it. Clients that don't remember where I last left off, require I scroll down to a familiar reading point and start reading manually.

UI response should not be an issue with the horsepower on the BBPB, and yet some apps will drop its frame rate to zero at some points.

�bersocial for the Blackberry phone remembers your position, the design is slick and it doesn't kill my batter in one day. Alas, no BBPB port as of yet.

The only app that complies with my criteria seems to be Tweetdeck for Android, but it's not supported, not even as a ported .bar app. (But I can use it through the HCL).

I've tried Blaq, Blackbird, Tweedless, and Lemma for BBPB. All of them have at least one design flaw that will not allow me to enjoy my Twitter experience.

Is there an App I haven't heard of? Is IM+ good as a Twitter client?

I know how picky and whinny I'm sounding, but I really, really want to enjoy Twitter on my Playbook.
    Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    01-26-12 04:00 PM
    Blaq is the top rated, but I see that you've already tried that..
    01-26-12 05:12 PM
    as a quick update; I am now giving TweetCaster for Android a try. So far the interface is friendly, responsive and media friendly. I'm waiting to see if it remembers my last read tweet. If so, it would seem we have a winner.
    I've also come across TweetBook. Highly rated but $4.99. Seems a viable option as well.
    01-26-12 05:17 PM
    Blaq is the top rated, but I see that you've already tried that..
    The UI design is terrible and response is even worse. The screen will lock up for 2 to 3 seconds while the timeline loads. Also, it doesn't remember the last place I read.

So too many strikes for me.
    01-26-12 05:18 PM
    I've tried Blaq, Blackbird, Tweedless, and Lemma for BBPB. All of them have at least one design flaw that will not allow me to enjoy my Twitter experience.
    Would you mind listing what these flaws are in each case? I want to write a fully native, fast, fluid, and free twitter client for PB once Cascades ships.

I have a design in mind and would appreciate your feedback on what you would like to see (or not like to see).

Thanks.
    01-26-12 05:21 PM
    I'll drop a quick table later tonight.

Keep in mind these are my impressions.
    What is a horrible UI for some (Blaq for me) might be very intuitive for others.

As I said in my first post, I'm incredibly picky with my apps.
    BTW, I'm very impressed with TweetCaster so far.
    01-26-12 05:31 PM
    I'm incredibly picky with my apps.
    Picky is very good. That's why I asked for more details. Some people don't care as much or discern differences as clearly. "Good enough is good enough" for some people. This project is about learning Cascades and QNX for me. But I want to make a really great app in the process.

BTW, I'm very impressed with TweetCaster so far.
    I'll check it out, thanks.
    01-26-12 05:39 PM
    Tweetcaster is real good. Would be nice to get a PB port of it. It was my goto twitter app on my android, but I switched back to the regular Twitter.
    01-26-12 11:18 PM
    I've tried them all and settled on Blaq. It does seem to be the best of a bad lot. We need Ubersocial on the Playbook!!!
    01-27-12 12:44 PM
    I've tried them all and settled on Blaq. It does seem to be the best of a bad lot. We need Ubersocial on the Playbook!!!
    I'd love to see TweetDeck on the PlayBook. I have used the TweetDeck website and it's not too bad but does have it's limitations. A dedicated TweetDeck app would be perfect.

Mike
    01-27-12 02:06 PM
    Sorry I took so long; I was looking for a way to post a table directly into the thread.
    Seems I can't.

Here's my table of Twitter Clients available for the BBPB.

As I said before, these are my opinions and I don't expect everyone to agree.

So far, I believe TweetCaster for Android, ported to the BBPB is the best available.

I've noticed TweetCaster not recognize BBPB's Android Player to be a tablet.
    See , and compare it to how TweetCaster appears in the BBPB.

I think maybe it's BBPB's Android Player running under Android 2.3.3 that keeps TweetCaster from running on "tablet mode".
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-30-12 12:04 PM
    I've searched through the threads and I'm having a hard time locating a discussion about good Twitter Clients for the Blackberry Playbook ("BBPB").

Here's what I believe make a good client:
    - Support for multiple accounts
    - Good multimedia support
    - smart interface
    - does not drain battery (by default or through recommended configuration)
    - responsive UI
    - remembers last twit read.

This last item is vital to me. I don't have that much time to be checking Twitter every 20 mins, so many times I go 2-3 hours without reading it. Clients that don't remember where I last left off, require I scroll down to a familiar reading point and start reading manually.

UI response should not be an issue with the horsepower on the BBPB, and yet some apps will drop its frame rate to zero at some points.

�bersocial for the Blackberry phone remembers your position, the design is slick and it doesn't kill my batter in one day. Alas, no BBPB port as of yet.

The only app that complies with my criteria seems to be Tweetdeck for Android, but it's not supported, not even as a ported .bar app. (But I can use it through the HCL).

Is there an App I haven't heard of? Is IM+ good as a Twitter client?

I know how picky and whinny I'm sounding, but I really, really want to enjoy Twitter on my Playbook.
    Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    Huh, you know, I use Twidroyd on my Android phone which (at least attempts to) keeps my last read position, and I do find that very useful - I just never noticed it.

I wonder what the best implementation of last read position would be in Lemma? Does it load in new tweets silently every X seconds, keep your scroll position on the timeline and indicate the new tweets with a slightly different colour or icon? What do the "best" Twitter apps do in this situation, can anyone describe or provide a screenshot?

What were the other design flaws you found in Lemma? I'd appreciate the feedback.
    02-01-12 11:12 AM
    I've already recommended to Paul (creator of UberSocial) that he should make an app for PlayBook and he said that he will consider it
    02-01-12 01:32 PM
    Would you mind listing what these flaws are in each case? I want to write a fully native, fast, fluid, and free twitter client for PB once Cascades ships.

I have a design in mind and would appreciate your feedback on what you would like to see (or not like to see).

Thanks.
    Not sure many would agree with me, but I love the Twitter.com layout. If I found an App that looked like that, but ran a bit better and nice functionality, that's be my pick for sure! I just use Twitter.com for now. :/
    02-01-12 01:43 PM
    . . .We need Ubersocial on the Playbook!!!
    +1billion!

Right now, I'm just using Ubersocial on my phone. Like the OP, there just isn't a good app on the Playbook that does what Ubersocial does for me. I'm pretty much right there with the OP on all his points about each app.
    02-01-12 01:50 PM
    I have just installed Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook a few days ago, it's one beautiful Twitter application, but it just isn't cutting it for me, so I read up on TweetBook, and I am extremely impressed, it's clean, simple, and it works beautifully.

I purchased & installed it tonight, and this guy is totally in love with Twitter on my PlayBook.....I mean I really enjoy using it.

I just wanted to share this with CB, what works for one person, may not work for another person
    02-01-12 05:53 PM
    Hi

Finally managed to replace my playbook which got stolen a while back and I still feel the same way as I did the first time round with the twitter clients.

I was just wondering what your findings were and if you came to a conclusion. I get the impression that I feel the same way as you do/did about blaq and the more popular ones on the app world.

Look forward to your response.

Toby
    01-31-13 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD