Check it out if you fancy a laugh...

The bold in the thread title is actually in the app description. It's $0.99 too and in the Top Purchased section lol

I really don't get this one, even digi-medias books and jigsaws serve more purpose.
    01-04-12 04:03 PM
    why not just use the built in password lock?
    01-04-12 04:15 PM
    why not just use the built in password lock?
    Why not indeed.

You'd have as much luck locking your screen with docs to go as you would with this app
    01-04-12 04:20 PM
    I saw this in app world too, and the first thing i thought was "why would anyone want their playbook to look like an ipad?"

If it was free i probably would have downloaded it just to see how little the developer worked on it.

Smaller apps like this though, that seemingly do nothing, always amaze me when they get in the Top Purchased section.
    01-04-12 04:59 PM
    I am amazed something like this even gets approved in the first place.
    01-04-12 05:01 PM
    I saw this in app world too, and the first thing i thought was "why would anyone want their playbook to look like an ipad?"

If it was free i probably would have downloaded it just to see how little the developer worked on it.

Smaller apps like this though, that seemingly do nothing, always amaze me when they get in the Top Purchased section.
    Developers who create apps that "do more" are equally amazed. But in this wacky market, the customer is always right and obviously there is a demand for apps of this kind. If no one bought these apps, they wold never reach the Top Purchased section.

I'm afraid that some developers are more than willing to fill the demand. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about who is doing more harm to App World. Is the developer who takes advantage of gullible consumers or is it the "lazy" consumer who is only too happy to lay down their hard-earned money without giving a second thought to the quality of their purchase?

When you combine the reckless/uneducated buyer with the type of consumer who won't download an app unless it is FREE!! you get a situation where even reputable authors writing great apps can only charge minimal amounts for their work. But as I said, the consumer is always right and they are at least partially responsible for the state of App World.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-04-12 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD