Hi, just to inform all crackberry and playbook user here that LiteFTP have been updated to version 1.1.1.15 and for trial 1.1.1.14. Below is the changes we made:

Full version:

- now support landscape and potrait mode.
    - menu option now using playbook swipe bezel mode.
    - new text file can be created in menu option.
    - change the app id because OS 1.0.7 have bug which user cannot download and purchased the old
    LiteFTP apps.
    - Support MLST and MLSD command. Old version cannot browse ftp directory if ftp server is set to use MLSD command instead of LIST.

Trial version:
    - change the app id because OS 1.0.7 bug same as above.
    - trial version is still using old liteFTP features except now it support MLST and MLSD. Other features that listed above is not available in the trial version.

Future planned:
    - export and import site data.
    - looking to implement queue system but will take some time.

Thank you

Note: Unfortunately for existing user same scenario that happened with files & folder apps which it stuck cannot deleted and upgraded because of PlayBook OS 1.0.7 bugs. They have changed the platform version checking function which not supposed to check during delete and upgrade operation. We try to change the app id as suggested by RIM and even change the developer key but unfortunately all failed. We were inform this will fix in the next OS update.

Buy LiteFTP - Download LiteFTP - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-25-11 at 12:55 PM.
    07-25-11 06:45 AM
    For all existing LiteFTP user who have problem with upgrade or can't download the apps please emailed us. We are in process creating a temporary sideload version of LiteFTP for existing user until the next OS update has been released. Thank you
    07-25-11 03:31 PM
    Thanks for posting, you had me for a while trying to rotate my PlayBook but the LiteFTP would not but I was sure it was a new added feature.
    Until I noticed it was the other version running...
    07-26-11 04:13 PM
    Hello,

I was looking at this app but would like to know is it supports SSL/TLS for FTP? I need that to log in to some of my FTP sites.
    07-26-11 04:28 PM
    Hi dfaris,

you can download the trial version and test with your ftp. so far we test with Secure FTP Test Server working great. That's why we create the trial version so user can download and try with their ftp.

Thank you
    07-26-11 07:21 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the trial but when i try to log in to my ftp i get a FTP #2031 error I have to use ftpes://myftp.site.com as the hostname if that matters if I use just myftp.site.com I get a message that says SSL/TLS required on the control channel.
    07-26-11 07:51 PM
    Yes Marcel38,

because of the OS 1.0.7 bug you still using old version. Just for your and other CrackBerry user information, these issue only occured if LiteFTP has been installed in OS 1.0.6 before upgraded to OS 1.0.7. If it has been installed in OS 1.0.7 this issue will not occured. New user also will not faced this issue, only user who downloaded the old version in OS 1.0.6.

There is 2 way to solved this issue. 1st solution from RIM which they say the only way to fix this now is by wiping the device and install the latest version we released. 2nd is an alternative from us, which we are in processing creating a temporary sideloaded version of LiteFTP which user can sideload to the PlayBook without the appworld until the latest OS update has been released.

If you have problem with old version and wanted to get the latest version than please email us with you playbook PIN number. But if the old version is working great and you can wait for the next OS update then it's up to you because the latest version changes is more to added features and some UI changes not a major bug fix.

Thanks
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-26-11 at 08:07 PM.
    07-26-11 07:55 PM
    Hi dfaris,

ok if ftpes not yet supported. Current LiteFTP apps is based on PlayBook Adobe AIR SDK which it have it own limitation. We are still waiting for PlayBook Native SDK which we can create a full ftp client apps.

Actually LiteFTP we created for our internal use at 1st but later we think other playbook user will gain benefit from it until the Native SDK has been released which will really unleashed the full potential of this PlayBook platform.

It support most common ftp like cpanel hosting and directadmin hosting. Microsoft FTP in IIS also supported. We are still in process trying to cover all other ftp software which we get feedback from current user which they really help us by sending console output log from their PC FTP client.

Thanks
    07-26-11 08:05 PM
    YobMedia,

Thanks for the information I will keep an eye on LiteFTP to see when an update comes out that I can use.

Thanks
    07-26-11 08:10 PM
    Hmm. Anytime I hear "just try it" when a developer's asked if a feature works in their app (in this case SSL) it really doesn't make me feel like the developer is confident. Sounds to me like it's hit and miss. Personally, not gunna bother in case it works for what I have now but misses on something I setup later. I'ma wait for official SSL support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 12:51 AM
    Hi Juggalo20,

actually we just test FTPS via Auth TLS/SSL and implicit FTP over SSL on port 990 but it is actually using FTP.domain.com not FTPES.domain.com. That's why we just ask to try because we don't have ftpes test server to test.

As we mention before our core LiteFTP development is more on hosting server which we use ourself. There is a limit what we can do and cannot do with Adobe AIR SDK and yes we also new in this FTP development world, we know the basic not the advanced features of FTP.

That's why we called it LiteFTP, a very simple ftp client for BlackBerry� PlayBook™ in our appworld description. We will update it from time to time and hope LiteFTP will become more than just a simple FTP client for PlayBook. Thank you for your comment and we are happy because a lot of user are requesting LiteFTP to become more than just a simple ftp client and we will add more resource on this after the NATIVE SDK has been released.

Thanks again.
    07-27-11 01:08 AM
    Ahh ok. Well that sounds perfect for what I need right now then. I'll give it a go. Thanks for clarifying

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 08:13 AM
    Good to see an active response from this developer, my compliments for that.

@YobMedia: I can wait for the fix from RIM, thanks for your offer to sideload, much apreciated, but I would not recommend that.

I'm already waiting sooo looong for 'coming soon promises' and 'other promised stuff' that this little issue can be added easily to 'The List' :-D

My workaround is to add my mostly used apps to the favorites...
    07-31-11 03:52 AM
    Hi Marcel38,

yes sideload is not a recommended option but this version we recommend only for user that having problem with previous issue especially to user that email us the bug and have helped us solved the bugs. Unfortunately they cannot continue used LiteFTP unless they get access to the latest version that have fix custom ftp command bug with their ftp server.

So we will only give the sideloaded version to user who has this problem before. For existing user without any problem with the old LiteFTP we suggest to wait for the next OS update because the latest version only implement the reported user bugs fix, support potrait and landscape mode plus the ability to create new text file.

Somehow this OS bug have slow down our progress because now we have two type of user. A new user who purchased or download the latest LiteFTP which they can continue to upgrade and a group of existing user that stuck with old LiteFTP version until the next OS update. Because of this we can only released the next major version after the OS update.

Currently we trying to improve LiteFTP so it can have a queue system which allowed user to queue files for upload and download. We also in process on updating ftp folder delete process which currently can only delete the folder if the folder is empty. There is a lot of improvement can be made while waiting for the next OS update and we looking forward to release a more solid FTP client for user that are stuck right now and new users.

Thank you.
    Last edited by YobMedia; 07-31-11 at 06:26 AM.
    07-31-11 06:24 AM
    Hi everyone!

I like the look of this program - was exactly what I expected to see when I opened it up.

I get the message "LiteFTP can only access Passive or super-passive connection" with the free version. Is any one able to confirm that the paid version supports Active FTP connections for me please? Just that the website host I use does not seem to accept passive connections...

Many thanks to anyone that can provide input or guidance!
    damianiw likes this.
    09-12-11 06:56 AM
    bump- any experiences anyone?

(sorry mods- not in the habit of bumping, promise there will only be this one from me)
    09-14-11 02:32 PM
    Hi Barljo,

currently only passive and extended passive connection supported. Active not supported. It is the limitation of the adobe air SDK. We have apply for the NDK but application have been rejected because currently the NDK (native SDK) is only for game developer which we apply to create a native app of LiteFTP instead. So until NDK is available for apps developer then this is only mode supported in LiteFTP.

FTPS is supported already but we not yet released this version in appworld because currently we are focusing in implemented the download and upload queue features which allow user to upload a folder to ftp. We considering to release LiteFTP with FTPS support plus queue features in the next release. tq
    09-16-11 07:25 AM
    hi i have just started testing the trial version of lite ftp..its really good..
    but one question that i had was..

what is the maximum mb or gb that i can upload and/or download using the full version.
    Last edited by alpha_q; 12-31-11 at 01:02 PM.
    12-31-11 12:32 PM
    I am looking for an FTP client to download manuals and cannot get the trial version of this to download. I will buy this if I know that it works. Can anyone comment on this.
    10-08-12 11:03 AM
    I am looking for an FTP client to download manuals and cannot get the trial version of this to download. I will buy this if I know that it works. Can anyone comment on this.
    It works, but I find that a converted Android one is faster. I.e. AndFTP or FTPCafe. Both have a decent free version and are not as crippled as LiteFTP.
    10-08-12 04:15 PM
    The native app "File Browser" does integrate an ftp function.
    The browser itself is much faster than its closest competitor (Files and Folders, which OTOH features an excellent photo preview/slideshow feature and dropbox connections but NO ftp)
    Now I couldn't just recommend File Browser solely for ftp, because I must say the ftp management fails for I'd say 5% of my servers, for which visibly there is an issue with folder structure handling.
    I don't remember if File Browser features a tryout version -if yes, try with your servers. If no and you have a single server you'd want to try out (not ten, please) feel free to create a temporary account for me and PM...
    10-09-12 09:21 AM
    another thing: in fact LiteFTP does feature a trial version. The thing suddenly came of interest for me because that's the fist time I see an actual app that handles file permissions the unix way. Alas, from here (in France) asking for demo instal just silently fails. I tried to contact the dev: the url in App world is wrong. I found the real web portal, emailed them. No reply.

Is there someone around that managed to download the trial version recently??

TIA!
    H.
    10-10-12 09:18 AM
    another thing: in fact LiteFTP does feature a trial version. The thing suddenly came of interest for me because that's the fist time I see an actual app that handles file permissions the unix way. Alas, from here (in France) asking for demo instal just silently fails. I tried to contact the dev: the url in App world is wrong. I found the real web portal, emailed them. No reply.

Is there someone around that managed to download the trial version recently??

TIA!
    H.
    It could be abandonware now.
    10-10-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD