I noticed in another thread (I'll Be The First To Admit 1.0.5 Is A Nice Step Forward - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com) that there are apps that have stopped working after installing the 1.0.5 update. Many of them seem news related. So I tried loading every app on my Playbook and came up with the following list:

• National Post (loads to white screen)

• Edmonton Journal (loads to white screen)

• Reader's Digest (doesn't load)

• Millennium Countdown (loads to black screen)

• CBC News (loads to black screen)

• Quote (loads to black screen)
    My intent with this thread is not to complain, but to provide a list for developers who may be interested to know their apps need updating (seeing as I'm too lazy to notify them all individually).
    Kimberella likes this.
    06-07-11 11:16 AM
    pocket bartender isnt' working...i downloaded it last night and it worked...then this morning it wasn't working....
    06-07-11 11:32 AM
    BlueBox doesn't work for me.
    06-07-11 11:49 AM
    iGizmo crashes.
    Adobe Content Viewer starts then crashes.
    06-07-11 11:58 AM
    National Post works on a re-install
    Offline browser - displays blank black page when loading any site

Edit: I take that back NP has stopped working again.
    Last edited by yzf.shaun; 06-07-11 at 12:07 PM.
    06-07-11 12:02 PM
    BlueBox doesn't work for me.
    BlueBox works for me.
    06-07-11 12:40 PM
    Word Rival
    06-07-11 12:48 PM
    currency- loads up to black screen
    06-07-11 12:57 PM
    BlueBox works for me.
    works for me 2
    06-07-11 12:58 PM
    I noticed in another thread (I'll Be The First To Admit 1.0.5 Is A Nice Step Forward - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com) that there are apps that have stopped working after installing the 1.0.5 update. Many of them seem news related. So I tried loading every app on my Playbook and came up with the following list:

My intent with this thread is not to complain, but to provide a list for developers who may be interested to know their apps need updating (seeing as I'm too lazy to notify them all individually).

Readers Digest wouldn't work for me under the earlier build.
    06-07-11 12:59 PM

Webmaster's Wallet, Huffington Post and Miso load to a black screen
    06-07-11 01:53 PM
    One would certainly hope that RIM has notified all providers of apps in appworld about this potential issue with their apps. But then again - who knows....
    06-07-11 02:02 PM
    app world has stopped working and BBM is gone
    06-07-11 02:10 PM
    Can't get BBM to work any more... briefly loads and then crash.. I have a bunch of other apps that don't work but they've been listed here... so I will spare you the duplicates..

I'm not impressed...
    06-07-11 02:26 PM
    A Bridge update is available as well. Have you installed it? My BBM is working with both updates installed.
    06-07-11 02:32 PM
    bluebox is working for me also, so thats good, having issues with a few of those posted above.

PaperPlane still works fine though so im content
    06-07-11 03:00 PM
    The reason for all these apps not working is entirely the developers fault. They were warned that if they did not recompile their apps with the final sdk that came out a few days after the playbook launch that a future update would break their app. RIM warned the developers many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Kimberella likes this.
    06-07-11 04:03 PM
    After you upgrade to Bridge v1.0.0.93, those issues with BBM should go away.. All the bridge apps are working great for me! Bluebox is working great for me as well..
    06-07-11 04:43 PM
    BlueBox works for me.
    Works again for me after a reinstall. Weird.

Sorry guys, false alarm!
    06-07-11 05:30 PM
    National Post is a strange one. It loads once after you delete an reinstall but then just loads to a blank screen after that.
    06-07-11 05:44 PM
    The following apps also do not work since the OS was upgraded:

StatsApp (loads to a blank, black screen)

Simple Notes (loads to a blank, black screen)

QuickCharts (loads to a blank, black screen)
    06-07-11 07:52 PM
    Can anyone one else confirm this for me, I went to pull up the Visual Law Federal Rules app and not only will it not work but now I can not seem to even find it in App World. If anyone can just check to see if it is available I would greatly appreciate it!
    06-07-11 07:59 PM
    Triton is not working. it is just a black screen.
    06-07-11 08:11 PM
    most of my apps arent working,
    alot of those mentioned above plus:
    page 3
    chatmosphere

it seems limited to those apps that are based on html standards, ie converted webpages like huffington post or chatmosphere. Air apps and native developments seem unaffected at this time.
    06-07-11 11:52 PM
    One would certainly hope that RIM has notified all providers of apps in appworld about this potential issue with their apps. But then again - who knows....
    They were warned... numerous amounts of time. But you have to remember some of the developers aren't exactly.. umm.. top notch. They already got their free PlayBook. :/

Not saying that is the case for all the apps listed here -- but realistically, some apps that are out there will likely never work again. Although, we're likely better off anyway -- IMO a good way to weed out the junk.
    06-08-11 12:11 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD