Hi everyone,
    I recently released a Playbook screensaver application over on AppWorld called Liquid-photo. I believe it is the first screensaver application available(please correct me if I am wrong ). Some of the key features are::
    * The application automatically scans your playbook for images to add to the in app image browser.
    * You can use the Image browser to directly select an image from the playbook.
    * There are touch sensitive water ripple effects.
    * Rain style effect starts after no touches for a short time.
    * Plays your selected images whilst your playbook charges.
    * Use the in app camera to take a picture and add it to your slideshow directly.
    And much more...
    You can also see a sample of how the water effect looks by checking out the example on the official application website Liquid-Photo.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions for how to improve the application or if they have any issues with it to please don't hesitate to contact me or post any issues over on the main site or over at our liquid-photo bug page.

Thanks in advance.
    10-17-11 02:08 PM
    Hi Omnipotence, does the screensaver has to show the water effect? or i'll be able to disable it to show my selected images without effects of any kind.
    10-17-11 04:35 PM
    Hi PanaSama,
    In the settings screen you can turn off the Rain effect so that it does not play but if you touch the screen then it will start a water ripple at the point you touched ( the water ripples can be customised too and it will fade away after a few seconds ). Do you think that I should add the option to turn off touch effects also?

Thanks
    PanaSama likes this.
    10-17-11 04:46 PM
    What is the proper picture size for LiquidPhoto? The recommended picture for PB wallpaper is 1024 X 1024 but it seems that Liquid Photo uses 1024 X 640.
    10-17-11 04:52 PM
    Hi tellsells,
    Just in the middle of writing you an email :P The developer documentation says that the playbook screen resolution is 1024x600, as you can tell the playbook is a letterbox shape so a 1024x1024 image would get cut off.

Cheers
    10-17-11 04:54 PM
    Hi tellsells,
    Just in the middle of writing you an email :P The developer documentation says that the playbook screen resolution is 1024x600, as you can tell the playbook is a letterbox shape so a 1024x1024 image would get cut off.

Cheers
    Anthony,
    I just got your e-mail and I responded.

On a side note to anyone interested in this app, the developer has been very responsive since this app first came out. LiquidPhoto is a very nice app for anyone wanting a screensaver for their PB!

Here is a screenshot of the effects of LiquidPhoto (but it's hard to see in a single screenshot):

Last edited by tellsells; 10-17-11 at 05:34 PM.
    JPMorgan_ likes this.
    10-17-11 05:15 PM
    Just downloaded your app......really cool! I haven't had a chance to play with all of the different settings, but I like what I've seen. Thank you very much for putting in the time and effort to create this. It's a great addition to my awesome tablet!
    JPMorgan_ likes this.
    10-17-11 09:25 PM
    Hi PanaSama,
    In the settings screen you can turn off the Rain effect so that it does not play but if you touch the screen then it will start a water ripple at the point you touched ( the water ripples can be customised too and it will fade away after a few seconds ). Do you think that I should add the option to turn off touch effects also?

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, i've just bought your app and i don't think the option to turn off touch effects is crucial, if you don't want them just don't touch the screen.

I have a few suggestions:

.- I don't like that you have to browse your whole picture collection to make a slideshow, specially if you're like me and have tons of pictures, a folder view option for selecting pics would be a great improvement.

.- I like that the app remembers your slideshow, but i think it would be nice to be able to save slideshows so you could change them easily, specially since like i said above creating a slideshow can be a bit of a pain if you have lots of pics.

.- Im not so sure about this one and im gonna have to do some more tests, but i could swear that my PB went to standby when your app was running on the front.
    10-17-11 09:47 PM

.- Im not so sure about this one and im gonna have to do some more tests, but i could swear that my PB went to standby when your app was running on the front.
    I am seeing the same thing; I cannot figure out how to not let the PB go into standby mode while this app is running (and charging).
    10-17-11 10:19 PM
    Check your PMs on the official Playbook forums on blackberry.com.
    padamssm likes this.
    10-17-11 11:52 PM
    Hi Guys,
    I submitted a fix for the playbook going to sleep on Sunday ( 4.0.472 ) so hopefully it will be approved by RIM soon. I will post here as soon as they approve it. I will aslo add your suggestions to our feature page located here Feature Requests � � Liquid-PhotoLiquid-Photo

Thanks
    PanaSama likes this.
    10-18-11 02:12 AM
    Hi Guys,
    RIM has approved v 4.0.472 which fixes the slideshow timeout issue mentioned above. Please go download if you were having issues.
    Thanks
    jamesharmeling and PanaSama like this.
    10-18-11 03:23 AM
    Hi Guys,
    RIM has approved v 4.0.472 which fixes the slideshow timeout issue mentioned above. Please go download if you were having issues.
    Thanks
    The new version is working great. The screensaver does not timeout any more.
    10-18-11 06:28 AM
    Hi tellsells,

Cheers
    For the image to be displayed right in both portrat and landscape they should be 1024x1024.
    10-18-11 07:53 AM
    For the image to be displayed right in both portrat and landscape they should be 1024x1024.
    Have you even tried this app?

As I mentioned, 1024 X 1024 is the proper size for PB wallpaper, but for this app to work properly the size needed is 1024 X 600. And if you use 1024 X 600 as a selected picture, you then get the screensaver rendered perfectly, as per my screenshot above. And this app does not have portrait availabilty yet.

So to anyone who has this app , use pictures that are 1024 X 600 and you will have great results.
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-18-11 at 08:15 AM.
    panterarck likes this.
    10-18-11 08:06 AM
    Have you even tried this app?

As I mentioned, 1024 X 1024 is the proper size for PB wallpaper, but for this app to work properly the size needed is 1024 X 600. And if you use 1024 X 600 as a selected picture, you then get the screensaver rendered perfectly, as per my screenshot above. And this app does not have portrait availabilty yet.

So to anyone who has this app , use pictures that are 1024 X 600 and you will have great results.
    No I don't I was commenting because when I was making wallpapers they didn't format right and found out they need to be 1024x1024 for both orientations. I see your screensaver only works in landscape. The point was all or most of the wallpapers I have are 1024x1024.
    10-18-11 08:29 AM
    No I don't I was commenting because when I was making wallpapers they didn't format right and found out they need to be 1024x1024 for both orientations. I see your screensaver only works in landscape. The point was all or most of the wallpapers I have are 1024x1024.
    See my post # 4 in this thread giving that same info to the developer.

However, this app actually renders wallpapers perfectly (not zoomed in) because it does not have a portrait mode. But this app is a screensaver and most people will probably use it while the PB is on a charging stand already in landscape.
    10-18-11 08:41 AM
    thanks for the information about screen resolutions. liquid-photo currently scales images to fit within the playbook screen size (1024x600) however i am currently working on the portrait version of the application and as some people have mentioned images would not work in both orientations with those dimensions.
    I think that the solution would be to add a setting so that you can choose to scale images or to.leave them at the the original size. this would mean that
    Scale =true
    1. 1024x600 would fit.perfectly in landscape mode but be scaled in portrait mode.
    2. 600x1024 fit perfect in portrait but scale down in landscape.
    4. 1024x1024 would scale down in both landscape and portrait.
    5. ?x? would scale as needed.
    Scale =false
    1. 1024x600 fit perfect in landscape and be cut off in portrait.
    2. 600x1024 perfect in portrait cut off in landscape.
    3. 1024x1024 cut off in both portrait and.landscape(this is what the playbook wallpapers do).
    4. ?x? appear cut off if they are too big in a certain orientation.

what do people think about this solution?
    any suggestions appreciated
    Last edited by Omnipotence; 10-19-11 at 05:08 PM. Reason: fixed spellng error
    10-18-11 06:17 PM
    I updated Liquid-photo to work in portrait mode using the rules mentioned above. If you open the settings screen you can now change the scale mode.
    Here are some screen shots.
    10-27-11 01:43 PM
    Hi Just a quick note to let you know
    version 4.0.476 - 29 Oct 2011 is now available and has the following updates.

* Random SlideShow Option Added.
    * Minor bug with reset fixed.
    * Default Settings optimised.
    10-28-11 07:25 PM
    I just downloaded your app after reading this post. It appears you are committed to your app and you listen to feedback. Thanks
    10-29-11 01:56 PM
    Hi Dawizel,
    Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that you like the application. If you have an feedback please don't hesitate to contact me either here or through the in-app email.
    10-29-11 03:18 PM
    v4.0.479 of Liquid-photo has just been released and adds*
    * Two-finger swipe gestures for navigating the slideshow.
    Bug Fixes
    * Single image rotation issue
    * Image artefact when navigating from slideshow back to the image browser.
    11-08-11 02:35 AM
    It's Christmas!
    I have added a new snowing effect to Liquid-photo in version 4.0.484. If you go into the settings screen you can now select the new effect.
    Some screenshots can be seen at Snow Effect � � Liquid-PhotoLiquid-Photo

12-08-11 03:00 AM
    It's Christmas!
    I have added a new snowing effect to Liquid-photo in version 4.0.484. If you go into the settings screen you can now select the new effect.
    Some screenshots can be seen at Snow Effect � � Liquid-PhotoLiquid-Photo
    Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    Great update. Love the snowflakes!
    12-09-11 06:00 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD