Available in App.World.

This is the version released.to deal with issues everyone has been having with Kobo not version 1.2.5 which was released with PB Os update before the crash.

Be sure to update to 1.3.1
    11-21-11 07:24 PM
    so, before jumpimg in, how is it working?
    11-21-11 07:59 PM
    It's quick F2.
    11-21-11 08:04 PM
    I was up and running last week with no hitches using the work around so I haven't noticed any changes in performance so far.

But I will be certain to ler you know if I have any issues to be sure
    11-21-11 08:09 PM
    Awaiting word.
    11-21-11 08:37 PM
    Is Kobo ever going to allow for sideloading of epubs? I love this feature on my other tablet, disappointed it's not present on the PB
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    11-21-11 08:40 PM
    Is Kobo ever going to allow for sideloading of epubs? I love this feature on my other tablet, disappointed it's not present on the PB
    They should.

Some of the books I purchased, which I first looked at a preview - those books never gets loaded full onto my PB after I purchased them,.

NO positive help from Kobo at all - other than try again etc.. bla bla bla...

But after logging onto Kobo web, I can download the .ebook files from my account.

The only way to read them now - is to use other ebook readers on the PB... silly move from Kobo
    11-21-11 08:48 PM
    I have my Kobo library back on all my devices and a credit to my account for the double billing which transpired for a purchase I made during the disruption.
    My only comment... I expected my books to return to the library, after all I paid for them. What about the inconvenience I suffered during the "outage"? Any coupons etc coming my way?
    Also I didn't realize that the ebook retail market had matured so much in the last few months. So many alternatives to the big traditional retailers including the publishers themselves. Thanks to this problematic app situation I looked elsewhere...I also found and purchased (5 books) from these newly located web sites.
    11-21-11 11:43 PM
    This update fixes my issues. Up until yesterday I could recreate the spinning wheel problem whenever I wanted by signing on to the web, accessing "My Library", and bookmarking a book that was no longer available in the store. Then when I went to the PB Kobo app 1.2.5 the spinning wheel would appear.

With this update, the missing books properly get added back to my library. Fixed I think!
    11-22-11 01:17 AM
    They should.

Some of the books I purchased, which I first looked at a preview - those books never gets loaded full onto my PB after I purchased them,.

NO positive help from Kobo at all - other than try again etc.. bla bla bla...

But after logging onto Kobo web, I can download the .ebook files from my account.

The only way to read them now - is to use other ebook readers on the PB... silly move from Kobo
    Try this: sign on to Kobo web, click on My Library on the top nav bar, click on "Purchased" on the mid nav bar -- you should now see all the books you've ever purchased. Click the checkbox beside those books that you want to add to your Kobo PB library, and click the Bookmark button.

Do a Refresh on the Kobo PB app and your missing books should download.
    11-22-11 01:23 AM
    I updated to 1.3.1 last night, and was impressed.

It is hyper-fast now, for almost everything.

Pretty sure they've rewritten as a native app. If not, they've got some hot Flash programmers on board now, or maybe the new version of Flash is responsible... no real idea, but it had no lag doing anything with settings, downloading, etc, and only changing between chapters still has any real delay (and it's no worse than before, possibly better).
    11-22-11 07:43 AM
    It sounds as if I would not compromise anything by installing.
    11-22-11 08:37 AM
    I had no luck until the app update, but now it's fine. had to start it twice for some reason, but other than that all is fixed. library loads, books open, pages turn, etc....
    11-22-11 10:16 AM
    an update alone didn't do it. i had to uninstall, restart the PB and reinstall the app to finally open the books i'd been having issues with. finally working again!!! whew!
    11-22-11 01:57 PM
    I'm boycotting them til they do
    11-23-11 12:22 AM
    ^^^Yup me too!
    11-24-11 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD