LAN File Explorer v2.0 is ready for downloading from App World now. New features:

1. LAN File Explorer v2.0: Allow user to upload multiple files from your PlayBook to Windows PC or Mac simultaneously. FileHub 2.0 is required.

2. File Hub 2.0: able to be minimized to system tray in this version

LAN File Explorer v2.0

We are currently planning next update. Stay tuned.
    04-02-12 10:39 AM
    Got the notification in appworld about the update.. I use this app for streaming movie and for downloading files on my laptop. no lag and easy to use..
    04-02-12 11:04 AM
    This app is tooo legit! Most useful app
    04-02-12 12:37 PM
    One question, is it possible to add an external drive that's plugged into a Mac? It doesn't look like I can.

Also, a couple small feature request, a slideshow mode for a picture of folders, if that's possible, and the ability to hide the dock icon of FileHub on a Mac.

Just installed the apps and it seems pretty cool. Thank you!
    04-02-12 01:07 PM
    One question, is it possible to add an external drive that's plugged into a Mac? It doesn't look like I can.

Also, a couple small feature request, a slideshow mode for a picture of folders, if that's possible, and the ability to hide the dock icon of FileHub on a Mac.

Just installed the apps and it seems pretty cool. Thank you!
    1. After you attach you external drive, it appears at "/Volumes" folder. If not, please see this:https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0. then you just need to add your drive to the share list.

2. picture slide show and multiple audio playback will be added in later updates.

Thanks.
    04-02-12 02:55 PM
    1. After you attach you external drive, it appears at "/Volumes" folder. If not, please see this:https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0. then you just need to add your drive to the share list.

2. picture slide show and multiple audio playback will be added in later updates.

Thanks.
    Sounds good, trying out adding the external now. Thank you!

Works beautifully! Even opens a folder with several hundred pictures inside fairly quickly.
    Last edited by Saul89; 04-02-12 at 04:22 PM.
    04-02-12 03:22 PM
    Just downloaded it, and works great! Thanks

One small request, could you add a sever search function into the playbook app. having to remember or look up the ip address of filehub is kinda annoying.

Besides that it's a great app! I use it all the time. Keep up the great work.
    04-03-12 10:30 AM
    Just downloaded it, and works great! Thanks

One small request, could you add a sever search function into the playbook app. having to remember or look up the ip address of filehub is kinda annoying.

Besides that it's a great app! I use it all the time. Keep up the great work.
    LAN File Explorer should remember the last login info. But you are right if you have to switch between more than one servers. We'll update it to remember multiple server info in the future.

Thanks for your feedback.
    04-03-12 01:03 PM
    One of the great, most used apps on my PB. Glad I bought it, and glad to see a nice update!
    04-03-12 11:04 PM
    Cannot believe the music player built in does not play files continuously! You have to manually click on each file to play a list of songs - wake up development and come into the 21st century.
    04-05-12 04:40 PM
    I use this app everyday. For sure it's one of the most useful apps I bought. Glad to get the new update and it's make lan file explorer better. Hope the developers keep improve it. It should be a killer app in bb app world.
    04-06-12 03:08 PM
    Thank you Thank you Thank you.

My kids are at this very moment watching The Smurfs streamed from my PC using your software LAN File Explorer.

Excellent App!

Thank you!

P.s. Have you considered changing the name of the software to something more media related instead of sounding like a File Manager? Geeks know what LAN is, Air Play is what Apple call it, Media Book, Media Play, Play Media, Stream Media Player, etc?
    04-08-12 03:45 AM
    Why does this need additionaly software to run?
    ES file explorer does not and works a treat. I would happily pay for this, as it sounds like an excellent app, but i don't want to install additional software on my pc to do it when I have a NAS drive that is more than capable of streaming files to my TV, Android phone, laptop, etc etc.
    04-08-12 04:30 AM
    but it will not stream a list of files. For example, if you want to stream and play an audio book with several chapters it stops after each chapter and you hyave to manually select the next one! What was the dev thinking? A major flaw - I removed it from my PB.
    04-08-12 11:41 AM
    but it will not stream a list of files. For example, if you want to stream and play an audio book with several chapters it stops after each chapter and you hyave to manually select the next one! What was the dev thinking? A major flaw - I removed it from my PB.

No a flaw, just not addressed yet. This is what the forums is for, giving feed back. In this day and age beta testing is non existent and till it gets to the real world do you see people pointing out features missing.

More I think about it, it sounds like the media player needs an update to allow for a playlist to be played instead of the program that searches and allows access to the files to create that said playlist. RIM get on this already, maybe let winamp lose on the community.
    04-08-12 01:20 PM
    Awesome app
    04-08-12 01:39 PM
    Any plans to support this on Linux? Thanks!
    andrewmcwhirter likes this.
    04-09-12 03:43 PM
    Question, I have a .m4v video that won't play through LAN File Explorer, doesn't seem to even recognize it as a video, just gives me the option to download it. If I put the file onto my Playbook it plays fine. So...why not through LFE?

Thank you.
    04-10-12 11:38 AM
    No a flaw, just not addressed yet. This is what the forums is for, giving feed back. In this day and age beta testing is non existent and till it gets to the real world do you see people pointing out features missing.

More I think about it, it sounds like the media player needs an update to allow for a playlist to be played instead of the program that searches and allows access to the files to create that said playlist. RIM get on this already, maybe let winamp lose on the community.
    Yes, we'll add this feature in next update. It'll support at least "m3u" and "m3u8" playlist formats. Also if there is no playlist found in a music folder, LAN File Explorer will create a playlist on the fly for continuous audio playback. Thank you for your feedback and support!
    04-11-12 02:36 PM
    Question, I have a .m4v video that won't play through LAN File Explorer, doesn't seem to even recognize it as a video, just gives me the option to download it. If I put the file onto my Playbook it plays fine. So...why not through LFE?

Thank you.
    This is a bug and will be fixed in next release. Thanks for your feedback.
    04-11-12 02:44 PM
    Sounds like the next update will make this app awesome. Once you're able to do picture slideshows and play audio files continuously, the Playbook will be even more useful and fun
    04-15-12 11:28 AM
    Two questions.

1. Will this app work for remote viewing outside my lan?
    2. Is there a trial or beta version? I have been burnt so many times with software I have bought just to find it doesn't work properly.
    04-17-12 12:14 AM
    Sounds like the next update will make this app awesome. Once you're able to do picture slideshows and play audio files continuously, the Playbook will be even more useful and fun
    We are working on this right now and will try our best to submit it to App World for approval this week. Hope we are able to implement both feature in this release. If not, photo slideshow will come right after.
    04-17-12 11:17 AM
    I just bought this this evening. I must say I am impressed. But, I cannot connect to my hardwired PC, but I can connect to my wireless laptop. Both computers are running Windows 7, 64 bit. I have sent an email to the dev(s), but I was just wondering if anyone else had a suggestion...
    04-18-12 04:42 PM
    Is your hardwired PC plugging into the same router thats providing WiFi for the laptop?
    04-18-12 04:48 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD