is anyone else having trouble connecting to or downloading books from Kobo today?
    11-04-11 08:29 PM
    Yup cant read any of my books and cant get into the store. I did get an email from Kobo today saying that there is a new update for the kobo app for bb phones. So they might be pushing out a new for the playbook to. The new update wasnt going to work on any bb phones with os earlier then 6.0. Im guessing for some reason this is the problem, even tho playbook is QNX.
    Last edited by echomouse; 11-04-11 at 09:17 PM.
    11-04-11 09:10 PM
    Yep, been having problems all day. It appears to be updating and even says last updated at whatever the current time and date is but it never completes. If I try to go to the store I get the "Uh oh!" page saying "unfortunately, we ar currently unable to load this page. I can read the books already in my library just cant download to the PB and it doesn't see any book I downloaded on the PC today to my Kobo account. This has been going on since 9am this morning on my PB. I haven't tried deleting and adding the app back but from reading other similar posts about problems with Kobo it probably wouldn't help.
    Last edited by dgjackson40; 11-04-11 at 10:19 PM.
    11-04-11 10:13 PM
    Me three. Cant get to the store to buy a new book. Really bummed too...so hopefully it wil be temporary...real temporary.

Decided to lock myself away for a few days to read, sleep and meditate cause I am trying to quit smoking. On the Chantix pills which really help but are no magic bullet. Was really counting on my Kobo Reader. Sigh....

Anyway to load the playbook through PC desktop app?
    11-04-11 11:35 PM
    i am also having the same problems. Did the delete and updated the OI the next day when the update with Kobo appeared but to no avail. Thank goodness i also have an iPad. They just upgraded the iPad app so not sure if it somehow affected the playbook app interface or not. would much rather read on my Playbook though.
    11-05-11 04:11 AM
    Had some issues too...i signed out, restarted and logged back in and its started behaving itself now. Had to re-download my books for some reason.
    11-05-11 07:50 AM
    It isn't working for me.I reinstalled, signed off, signed back on and i am still not getting it to download my books or library. I would suggest that everone having problems send a message to support so they address the problem sooner than later. The last thing we need is the only e-reader app for the PlayBook go out of commission and not get supported.
    11-05-11 09:48 AM
    FYI Just got off the phone with customer care and "they are aware of the issue, tech's are working on it and they should have it fixed within a few hours"

We will see....
    Northernlady likes this.
    11-05-11 12:19 PM
    I guess misery loves company. I've uninstalled Kobo and reinstalled a couple times, did a couple of cold reboots and nothing. Downloaded 3 new books on my Torch (running latest OS) and it's golden. I've only had my PB for a month or so and have been finishing a couple of 'real' books before diving into Kobo on the PB- leaving on vacation in a couple weeks and don't want to read on the Torch! Hope tech gets 'er done pronto!
    11-05-11 02:59 PM
    Oh well. A little progress. At least now I can see that which I can not download!
    11-05-11 10:20 PM
    Looks like the iPad version got updated this weekend. Perhaps a newer version of the PlayBook will follow.This app has the least features of all of the ones Kobo puts out.
    11-05-11 11:48 PM
    I tried all of the usual trouble shooting paths to no avail...sent email to Kobo support and got reply that they would respond in the next24/48 hrs.
    11-06-11 12:12 AM
    Talked to customer service again this morning and they changed their wording from "system outage" to "system UPGRADE" Again we will see!
    11-06-11 07:45 AM
    same issues here as well.
    11-06-11 08:17 AM
    don't take the wrong way, but i thought it was just me. i'll post if and when is works for me.
    11-06-11 08:55 AM
    don't know what was wrong with the app we had. grrrrrr
    11-06-11 09:54 AM
    Checked with their phone support this morning. They weren't very helpful -- just reading off scripts. I had to tell them twice that I was calling about the PlayBook, not the iPad. Anyway, they said there is a problem on their end, others have contacted them about the problem, and they're working to fix it. No estimate on time frame.

She didn't seem to have specific knowledge about the devices, though, but also seemed incapable of providing anything beyond the most basic info.

At least we know they're working on it.

My iPad version is working without problems, just not the PlayBook Kobo version, still.
    11-06-11 10:24 AM
    Glad it's not just me then, but still frustrating. Before I read any of these posts, I tried uninstalling the Kobo app and re-installing, but that didn't help, and if anything just made it worse. Now I have no books in my library, let alone the new ones that I had bought this morning. Grr
    11-06-11 12:25 PM
    This has driven me nuts for 2 days. I am somewhat relieved to know that there is a reason and that someone is (hopefully) working on it. I too deleted/reinstalled/ lost library.
    11-06-11 12:38 PM
    OK, so what other readers for the PB will read pdb and other formats> I'll pony up if there is a decent one we can sub for Kobo. I already wasted enough time watching the spinning disk that never stops...
    11-06-11 12:45 PM
    mundo, if u mean one that will allow u toread your purchases kobo books, doesnt seem to be one.
    11-06-11 12:53 PM
    I've also been having problems but only since I've started testing the beta os.
    11-06-11 01:44 PM
    ...lost every book after update yesterday, can't load my library since then(spinning wheel)...

not that funny after everything that happend to us loyal RIM-customers(lovers?!) in the last while..

however...invited @alexkinsella via twitter to help us, lets all hope he(or kobo) get this fixed soon...
    11-06-11 03:05 PM
    I have the same issues. Went to delete a book today when i finished it today andnow got the spinning update wheel. Uninstalled and reinstalled Kobo but no joy. It's really annoying as i have 5 or 6 books purchased and ready to read.
    11-06-11 03:23 PM
    Just checked on my Bold 9900 and Kobo is fine on there but its not ideal for reading a book on, would be constantly turning the page!!!
    11-06-11 03:25 PM
145 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD