I purchased my first ebook on my Playbook through Kobo and it was added to my library however it is only giving me the preview version. I tried removing the book and re-downloading it as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Nothing seems to work. I contacted Kobo last week about the issue and have still not received a response.

Funny thing is I already own a hard copy version of the book. Just thought it would be good to have on the Playbook for reference. Guess I wasted $34!

Any advise?
    07-13-11 01:43 PM
    guess you'll have to wait for Kobo people to respond
    Maybe there is an option to download the full book somewhere else in the book description
    07-13-11 02:29 PM
    Took this from another thread.....

I don't know how you contacted them but just this morning I wanted to purchase a book with a code for FREE. But before doing so I wanted to make sure there was a way to back out if necessary.

Here's the info on their site:

"* Quick Help Call 1-866-204-4714 (8am-12am EST) Email: [email protected] (24 hours) or use our online Help"

Or dispute with your credit card company, I'd guess.
    07-13-11 02:46 PM
    Keep spamming Kobo customer support. They should eventually respond. I've been using Kobo for free books, but broke down and bought my first e-book through Kobo last night. So far, all is working well.
    07-13-11 04:57 PM
    Me too!
    Blackberry Playbook KOBO not working? All else OK.
    I purchased my first ebook on my Playbook
    through Kobo and it was added to my
    library however it is only giving me the
    preview version. BB Desktop shows the files are there, but it will not work.
    I contacted Kobo last week about the issue and
    have still not received a response.
    The lack of response is a much larger irritant.
    I also downloaded the books to my PC and there it works fine.
    On my PC I am using Adobe Digital Editions.
    07-22-11 11:41 PM
    I'm another member of the no response from Kobo club. It's been a week now since I bought my 1st book. Several emails and a couple of phone calls later and still can't read my book.
    Seems like it should be an easy fix, can't they just drop the in my library? Worst customer service I've ever had from any company.
    07-30-11 06:23 AM
    I also can't access kobo on my playbook... I tried following their instructions online on reinstalling the database and files... they say it's the playbook that's not working lol... I just bought it... can't be the playbook because it looks like it's a trend around here...
    09-05-11 09:34 PM
    I can't even purchase a book. Everytime I enter my purchasing information it say invalid please enter a country, even I already picked the USA. I can't wait for a kindle app so I never have to open Kobo again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 06:46 AM
    I would expect Kindle on or just AFTER the release of the Android Player. The Android version of Kindle worked just fine on our PBs with the leaked player. My guess is that Kindle will decide to just release the Android version as the PB version, once RIM adds the AP officially. BUT we shall see!
    09-06-11 07:53 AM
    I can't even purchase a book. Everytime I enter my purchasing information it say invalid please enter a country, even I already picked the USA. I can't wait for a kindle app so I never have to open Kobo again.
    I have had the same issue. I ended up having to buy the book in my web browser..

Also, the app always seems to be one chapter off when I come back to read again later. I have emailed Kobo but have gotten no response yet.
    09-06-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD