Hi All
    am a big user of ebooks, started out on mobipocket for Blackberry,
    moved on to Kobo for Blackberry and is now using Kobo for Playbook (using latest version 1.3.1)

However i still have a problem, i typically read English book and
    not having English as my native language I would typically have a dictionary open in a browser and also Notes (thru bridge) to take notes about the story, hence when i read i
    multi task between at least three open programs, Kobo, notes and
    browser. After opening the book everything is fine but after a period of reading and multitasking between the three open apps I
    will when I switch back to Kobo not return to the page I came from but
    the first page of the next chapter, I then have to go to content and
    lets say i was on page 12 of chapter 5 i would then have to pick
    chapter 4!!!! to get to start chapter 5. Another
    error would be to see a white page with no text when
    you flip the last page of a chapter, instead of getting the first
    page of the next chapter, again you then have to go to content and
    pick chapter 5 to get to next chapter 6!.

I have tried to uninstall my Kobo application and reinstall and
    download all books again without luck. I have approximately 25 books
    in my library

Any idea what could be wrong? Can this be addressed? Anyone out there seeing the same issue?

Described the problem to Kobo they say it an error in the playbook and i have to contact RIM, seems like an easy answer to me
    12-03-11 05:20 PM
    sry man i read most of my books useing a PDF scan of the book...im sure someone out there will be able to help ya out.
    12-03-11 05:23 PM
    I'm finding the same thing when i use the Kobo app. It doesn't happen all the time but when i haven't read in awhile and go back to the book, the bookmark isn't where i left it. It's pretty frustrating if you ask me. I'm thinking it's a glitch with the app. Hopefully someone can shead some light on this issue.
    12-04-11 07:04 PM
    I didn't use to have this glitch, the first few months I had a PlayBook (got mine soon after launch in April). But yes, I've had the same problem for a while now and I've never figured out why it's happening. Clearly it's a problem with the app but Kobo is not giving high priority to their PB app, especially after just launching the Vox.
    12-04-11 11:24 PM
    I have been using it several months, always something wrong, loses bookmarks, freezes at end of chapters, have quit buying books until they provide an update that actually fixes the problems.
    12-12-11 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD