I like to use Kindle for reading (most of my books are from Amazon) and until now I would get errors trying to use the Cloud Reader option. This meant that I had to use the Android sideloaded app. The downside was once I had a couple of other apps running, the Playbook would shut down Kindle and it would take a while to restart it.

Since installing OS 2.1, the Cloud Reader now seems to work (it used to show an error about unsupported browser) including offline storage. This means that if I create a shortcut to Cloud Reader and download some books, I can read them whether or not I have an Internet connection. That also means I can ditch the Android stuff (I only really use the Kindle app).

I don't know if this helps anyone else but it's much better for me.
    anon(4262895) likes this.
    10-10-12 02:21 AM
    Cloud Reader is somewhat unreliable... Amazon may shut it down again anytime for all we know. But yeah, it has been working for a while now.
    10-10-12 08:42 AM
    I am trying to sideload Kindle Reader and couln't find the BAR location. How did you down/side load your Kindle reader? Where did you find the Android App? I had sideloaded a version previously but it was erased when I sent my PB back to RIM for repair.
    Thank you.
    10-10-12 10:09 PM
    Each time I try to download and open says unable to find app
    10-17-12 01:38 PM
    Download and open? There is nothing to open if you download from that link.

Just get the .Bar file and sideload it using BBH-Tools, PlayBook Tools or DDPB.

And welcome to the forums.
    10-17-12 02:12 PM
    Hi, I want to load the kindle app to my playbook, but I cannot find the BAR file. The link above doesn't have the file saying it has been removed due to infringement.
    12-17-12 06:18 AM
    you can get the BAR file here Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market

Many have stated it works perfectly... but I've used it on two PlayBooks, and on both you have to log on on a regular basis, and from time to time either it or the Android Player crashes. So for me it wasn't perfect, but it does work good enough for it to be usable. Just not good enough to recommended the Playbook for anyone that really only wants a Kindle Reader.
    12-17-12 08:34 AM