Unless I leave my Playbook on standby, Kindle app keeps asking me to register as if I'm new to it. I found this out the hard way on a plane: after starting Playbook from power off, Kindle app asked me to register. Without wi-fi I couldn't, so I couldn't get to my book! Anyone else encounter this problem?

As long as I leave the Playbook powered in standby, this doesn't happen.
    03-23-12 12:32 AM
    Yes I also have this issue. Whenever I reboot the device and start kindle without internet connection, it will ask for to register.

I guess no way to avoid this and we can't get support from Amazon since its not an official supported device.

- Charles
    03-23-12 01:04 AM
    I suppose one way to solve this would be to take screen shots of every page?
    03-23-12 06:10 AM
    what version of the app? Wondering if this is something in a newer version as the one Im running never asks me.

Has anyone tried the version released yesterday?
    03-23-12 06:28 AM
    I get this request to re-register, too. What version are you running that is not asking for registration each time? And are you saying there is a new Kindle .bar available somewhere?
    03-23-12 10:17 AM
    Im running 3.2.0.35. They updated the app a few times since that version. Just yesterday a new version was released on Android. I converted it but it just force closes.
    03-23-12 11:33 AM
    Wait.
    You guys turn off your PlayBooks?
    FOR SHAME!!!!

on a serious note, there's little we can do about unsupported Android Apps.

Or rather, I would not trust a .bar file that comes from a compromised .apk file.
    Amazon has my credit card information, I wouldn't want to load an app with modified coding, especially when I don't know how the code was changed and for what purposes.
    03-23-12 12:26 PM
    Any one know if this as been sorted or a way to sort it, I am going on holiday soon and will not have access to wifi so will not be able to register!
    02-11-13 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD