My favorites;

The TAT calculator (comes with the Playbook) in scientific mode. It's quite nice for an algebraic entry calc.
    RPN Calculator - a great emulation of the HP11c
    BlueBox
    Slacker Radio
    Poynt
    Mahjongg Legends

And thats all the decent apps I've found so far. I'm not all that interested in games. The thing is supposed to help me at work.

What I want is;

Kindle!
    A GPS Nav app. Why isn't there one?
    A graphing calc, with solver
    Native email
    07-21-11 05:48 AM
    companies in enterprise make their own apps or `in house` apps, so the majority of enterprise apps wont ever see appworld.
    That's ridiculous. Like saying companies in the enterprise make most of their own apps and functionality for Windows.

Fortune 500 companies with in house IT departments may do some, but even then it's minimal and industry/company specific. IT development is being cut to the bone everywhere. Heard of "outsourcing"? The resources to create their own apps is minimal even for large companies. Small "Enterprises" don't have any, medium size very few if any. They rely on contracting or outside sources for system, network and integration support.

If that is expected for the Playbook the Windows 8 tablets when available will shatter RIM. Windows 7 tablet edition is quickly replacing netbook purchases in business and will accelerate with a release of a tablet specific edition of Windows. And developers and software companies are on board already.
    07-22-11 12:16 PM
    This is probably where I should have posted it in the first place.

An app that translates handwriting (on screen finger writing as on a blackboard or dry erase board) to text.

Anybody ?
    07-26-11 10:10 AM
    Can anyone recommend Devilish? It looks pretty cool
    07-26-11 10:37 PM
    Hey All,

As I start this thread I've had my PlayBook for 9 days and already downloaded 100 apps and games. It's such an easy and quick install process on the PlayBook that I'm sure I'm going to download and try just about everything.

So in that vein, I figured I would start up this thread as an ongoing list of the best of the best apps and games I come across for the BlackBerry PlayBook. These are the ones that once installed, I won't be uninstalling anytime soon.

Hope you enjoy!

Kevin

Last Updated: June 21, 2011

Best BlackBerry PlayBook Apps
    - ArtGO Coloring for BlackBerry PlayBook - fun little coloring book app for the kids/nieces/nephews.
    - Poynt for BlackBerry PlayBook - good on BB phones, will be good on the PlayBook (GPS not seeming to work just yet).
    - QR Scanner - free...A simple QR code scanner that uses the camera as sensor.
    - Gee Cards - free...Personalized cards, designed on your PlayBook, to send via email.
    - TouchUp Pro - free trial available...Photo editor - crop, rotate, filters, etc.
    - MyBestShot - free trial available...take multiple photos in quick succession
    - Scroodle - free...interactive drawing application including two chalk board designs and a white board.
    - InstaPhoto -create amazing effects to share with all your friends via Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr!
    - Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook -The sleekest, sexiest, most feature packed Twitter app for the PlayBook! You need this one.

Best BlackBerry PlayBook Games
    - Aqualux - really well executed and fun puzzle game. addicting!
    - Best Tic Tac Toe HD - every touchscreen device needs tic tac toe
    - PaperPlane - fun little time waster... tossing paper planes around
    - Doodle Blast - fun and free... draw lines to make the marbles fall in the bucket.
    - Assembler Mobile 2 HD - free... a fun puzzle challenge. Use's PlayBook's accelerometer too.
    - People on My Lawn - free.. kind of tricky to grasp at first, but once you figure it out it gets addictive.
    - Sundrops - Caribbean pearl-collecting physics fun!
    - Dillo Hills - See how far you can make it across the hills! (Similar to Tiny Wings on a different platform)
    - PopcornRush - free.. Swipe your finger over the hot kernals to pop them into popcorn! (similar to Fruit Ninja!)
    While I really appreciate what you're trying to do here, this is the best you got ? I know that there aren't many Playbook apps available but the ones you mentioned are not really highlights (are there any apps highlights for the Playbook ?) and if I compare them to the iTunes apps...well...

I understand very well, you love RIM and all their products but let's be honest, the apps suck and if you would compare them to what is available for the iPad for example, you would think the same.
    07-29-11 07:49 AM
    Hate to echo the negative, but are these the best applications available? I am trying to work through a pilot phase to justify a wider-scale implementation of the device at my company and that will require being able to demonstrate business value. I was hoping to see some more business-centric applications to improve efficiency and enhance productivity via the tablet... anyone? Thanks.
    07-29-11 08:45 AM
    Want good apps? Android Player.
    07-29-11 09:45 AM
    Want good apps? Android Player.
    The point is, why do we need apps that run in an emulated environment? No matter how good the apps, they will never run as well as those developed for the native OS.

And also, games and media apps do not make this "enterprise ready" which was RIMs big to do in the first place. This was going to be a business tool, but there is not software (or very little actually) that can make this productive in a business environment.
    07-30-11 09:28 PM
    I found Glimpse today which is a very good RSS reader. I know GeeReader seems to be the go with most, but this one looks and works just as well with its tiled main screen.
    08-03-11 09:13 AM
    Here's what I have loaded so far....

USEFUL:
    Poynt
    Magellan Compass (GPS mapping & navigation)
    Blaq or Blackbird (Twitter app)
    Facebook
    Conqu (To do/Task manager)
    BlueBox (DropBox)
    Kobo (eBook Reader)
    Gee Reader (RSS integrated Google Reader)
    My File Manager
    Bed Buzz (talking alarm clock w/ weather)

GAMES:
    DoodleBlast
    Mooo
    Dillo Hills
    Need For Speed Undercover
    Sling Golf
    Car Jam
    Paper Plane
    Brain Cube
    Tetris
    Comb Over Charlie
    Word Stone
    People On My Lawn

MISC FUN
    Slacker Radio
    ScrapBook by TAT
    TouchUp Pro (Photo Editor)
    SketchBook
    What�s Up (GPS based Astronomy/Constellation mapping)
    Rigid Digital Level (uses the camera as well)
    08-04-11 02:31 PM
    For the epix comes to number 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 02:35 PM
    really good games:

front runner - awesome little arcade game, really smooth goodd game good gameplay, addictive

bubafish - love it crydtal clear good fun

bix
    droplets
    cradle - really cool app
    river test
    moron test
    the visiter
    arielius likes this.
    08-10-11 09:14 AM
    Add Dead Space.
    freefisheater and KRol like this.
    08-18-11 11:59 PM
    Hey All,

As I start this thread I've had my PlayBook for 9 days and already downloaded 100 apps and games. It's such an easy and quick install process on the PlayBook that I'm sure I'm going to download and try just about everything.

So in that vein, I figured I would start up this thread as an ongoing list of the best of the best apps and games I come across for the BlackBerry PlayBook. These are the ones that once installed, I won't be uninstalling anytime soon.

Hope you enjoy!

Kevin

Last Updated: June 21, 2011

Best BlackBerry PlayBook Apps
    - ArtGO Coloring for BlackBerry PlayBook - fun little coloring book app for the kids/nieces/nephews.
    - Poynt for BlackBerry PlayBook - good on BB phones, will be good on the PlayBook (GPS not seeming to work just yet).
    - QR Scanner - free...A simple QR code scanner that uses the camera as sensor.
    - Gee Cards - free...Personalized cards, designed on your PlayBook, to send via email.
    - TouchUp Pro - free trial available...Photo editor - crop, rotate, filters, etc.
    - MyBestShot - free trial available...take multiple photos in quick succession
    - Scroodle - free...interactive drawing application including two chalk board designs and a white board.
    - InstaPhoto -create amazing effects to share with all your friends via Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr!
    - Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook -The sleekest, sexiest, most feature packed Twitter app for the PlayBook! You need this one.

Best BlackBerry PlayBook Games
    - Aqualux - really well executed and fun puzzle game. addicting!
    - Best Tic Tac Toe HD - every touchscreen device needs tic tac toe
    - PaperPlane - fun little time waster... tossing paper planes around
    - Doodle Blast - fun and free... draw lines to make the marbles fall in the bucket.
    - Assembler Mobile 2 HD - free... a fun puzzle challenge. Use's PlayBook's accelerometer too.
    - People on My Lawn - free.. kind of tricky to grasp at first, but once you figure it out it gets addictive.
    - Sundrops - Caribbean pearl-collecting physics fun!
    - Dillo Hills - See how far you can make it across the hills! (Similar to Tiny Wings on a different platform)
    - PopcornRush - free.. Swipe your finger over the hot kernals to pop them into popcorn! (similar to Fruit Ninja!)
    time for an update, no?
    there's been leaps in the apps available since june
    09-10-11 04:08 AM
    Woot!

Conqu was upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.5!

Can't find any releases notes on the upgrade.
    legolaszor likes this.
    09-21-11 07:36 AM
    Kevin seems to be absent with anything playbook related. Hope it's an NDA cause if it's not then well...........
    09-21-11 08:40 AM
    You guys should try Slam Dunk Basketball, I saw an article on it a few days ago. Any whoo, its highly addictive, challenging and just overall a great time killer. Graphics are pretty nice and honestly the game is always changing with different levels, goals, and achievements. Give it a go!!!
    09-23-11 01:33 PM
    playbook so sweet
    Nonpareil likes this.
    10-01-11 08:21 PM
    you cant get to app world while bridging...

just did the typical im going to keep hitting buttons until this works.

third time around i read the error.

"ah...that makes sense."
    10-16-11 12:35 AM
    What I want is;
    Native email
    This one is good, but there is an iron curtain from RIM concerning any native email apps...
    10-20-11 01:40 PM
    anyone mention the fruit ninja made by another third party company! it's exactly like the iPad's a little slower but good.
    ltreynolds likes this.
    10-26-11 05:52 PM
    check out this little app Galaxy Painting. You can generate some really interestng picture

ive uploaded a couple of examples. i can see it becoming a real time waster....and its free

They make for neat backgrounds
    Last edited by Sloppy; 11-01-11 at 09:40 PM.
    ODAAT likes this.
    11-01-11 09:37 PM
    Whats the point of this sticky thread...
    Thanks,
    11-18-11 10:35 AM
    Whats the point of this sticky thread...
    Thanks,
    Hmm let me think about it...

Kevin's Favorite PlayBook Apps & Games! ...Maybe?
    11-18-11 10:44 AM
    Movie lovers Ciniplex is a must. Very easy, has video
    trailer, photo, news, nearest theatre list if setting 200 miles or km.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 10:52 AM
131 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD