While this is still very much a work-in-progress, I'm a strong believer in the "release early, release often" philosophy. That being said, I'm providing my (hopefully working) first pass at porting KeePassX to the BlackBerry PlayBook.

The installable BAR file is here:
    https://github.com/downloads/dkonigs...sx-0.4.3.1.bar

The source code for this little side-project is hosted here:
    https://github.com/dkonigsberg/keepassx-playbook

This app uses RIM's port of the Qt framework, which is where a lot of its size comes from. It also is very much a desktop app that doesn't really have a tablet-friendly UI, so you'll notice that a lot of the elements are a bit small for touchscreens right now. (Oh, and that none of the windows have borders.)

But its a good start, and does work, if you need something to access your .kdb files with.
    11-06-11 09:48 PM
    Thanks for your work on this - it is greatly appreciated!

Is there a way to open a database file from a remote location?
    11-06-11 10:38 PM
    Any chance this will support KDBX files soon? I was excited to see this but unfortunately I use KeePass2 and have my file in that format.

I wasn't able to export to XML and import it as XML either. Any suggestions? I'll try messing around with it in the meantime.
    11-07-11 09:38 AM
    Sweet, I got a work around. Apparently there are triggers in KeePass 2 for Windows, so I followed the instructions at Leon Meijer's Weblog and have a trigger to export to a KDB file on my Dropbox when saving. One-way sync is fine (that's what I have on my BB anyway), so I'm happy now.
    11-07-11 09:52 AM
    I should probably remind all of you that what I'm actually doing here is porting the existing KeePassX 0.4.3 application to the PlayBook. Any changes I make will be for device integration and minimal UI usability improvements.

If you want a real designed-for-PB KDB app with all the trimmings, or new features that aren't in KeePassX 0.4.3, then you won't find them here. (FWIW, the upstream KeePassX 2.0 project appears to be taking its sweet time, and I'm not sure of its current status.)
    11-07-11 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD