Hi

I've just come across this thread, searching to see if KeePass is available for the Playbook. I use KeePass on my PC and so would like to continue with the same line of program, if possible.

I can't find KiPas in BB App World but perhaps that's because I'm in UK and not available over here?

So, just wondering how this app is progressing, in particular for UK. Be brilliant if I could use it

Cheers
    GB
    12-09-12 12:44 AM
    You have a free app named "KPD" which is an android port for Keepass. Read/write capability, I don't remember if it handles the v2 format but I think. Some months ago there was an issue with its files on the PB (ownership didn't allow them to be copied elsewhere) but this seems solved since the last BB OS update.
    If you use it please repost here --it's important since there is only one other open source storage app, Passwdsafe, also an android port and quite minimalist.
    H.
    P. S. do you know if the MacOS version of KeePass is now stable? (some months ago it was quite clumsy and crash-prone...)
    12-10-12 02:55 AM
    Go for Vault -- you can import KeePass 2.0 files. Been using it for a few months after trying a couple of other apps that import KeePass files -- Vault seems the most polished.
    12-10-12 01:00 PM
    Go for Vault -- you can import KeePass 2.0 files. Been using it for a few months after trying a couple of other apps that import KeePass files -- Vault seems the most polished.
    Open source apps are generally hideous, that's true. But remember, by selecting a closed-source instead, well, to get the polishing you lose the open-source indeed (also you won't be able to reexport your files back I fear).
    I'm definitely not all for the open-source 'religion' (indeed, I come from the former world, the one you'd pay for 'sharewares') --but concerning passwords, if any that's the place to be open-source IMHO...
    12-11-12 03:28 AM
    I converted KeePassDroid and it can be downloaded from here
    kingb71 and Herve5 like this.
    12-13-12 07:19 PM
    I converted KeePassDroid and it can be downloaded from here
    Thank you dgmckenzie!
    could you describe briefly how better it is than KPD? (maybe suporting the more recent file format?)
    TIA!
    12-14-12 02:14 AM
    I'd sure like Keepass for Playbook, AND BB10 phone!
    02-05-13 04:54 PM
    I have KiPas, but it's not showing in any BlackBerry World searches anymore.
    02-05-13 05:34 PM
    Any developer interested in porting Keepass 2.0 to BB10? I am sure a lot of people wants this and are willing to donate to fund development, I surely am one. I would definitely prefer a native app but if an Android port is all we can get, as long as it is stable and can handle 2.0 files I'm up for it...

i have been trying to use KPD on my Z10 but still unable to open a 2.0 file, have not had much time to play with is but will try again and report back if I have any success...
    02-06-13 01:33 PM
    That's not good if KPD doesn't work on the Z10.
    02-06-13 01:50 PM
    I'm using KeePassDroid on the PB and I love it. I also use KeePass on my PC so everytime I update the file on the PC, I drag and drop a copy onto the PB. Takes about 5 seconds. It replaces the file on the PB and I have all my current passwords securely hidden. It couldn't be easier.
    02-06-13 03:26 PM
    but does it work on the Z10? Has anybody tried?
    02-06-13 03:34 PM
    Hello @ all

Need help for Keepass sideloaded with the Z10

The app is running but i cant select the path of the database because keepass tells me to install the openintend filemanager
    then it wants to download a filemanager 1.2 apk file.

can anyone help me how i can select my database please?
    03-23-13 03:08 PM
    I installed KPD on my Z10 and couldn't figure out where it was trying to store the data file, either. What I ended up doing was had it create a new file and then I searched for it. Turns out, the location of the file is /misc/android/keepass.

This was using the default File Manager on the Z10. So that is the corresponding folder location to the one that KPD defaults to.

Once I found this, I copied my database file from Dropbox into that folder and was able to open it just fine. I made sure to tag it as the default file to open, so I don't have to worry about searching again. KPD now works great on my Z10 and I have access to all of my saved passwords.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:32 PM
    Once I found this, I copied my database file from Dropbox into that folder and was able to open it just fine. I made sure to tag it as the default file to open, so I don't have to worry about searching again. KPD now works great on my Z10 and I have access to all of my saved passwords.
    That is exactly what I did and have been using KPD without any problems for a long time with KeePass 2.0 files. I wish there was a native app as I use it a lot but this does the job in the meantime...

Posted via CB10
    Graheem likes this.
    03-24-13 10:53 AM
    Just if anyone's interested, I am currently working on a (unofficial) KeePass version for BB10 which can handle KeePass 2 files (kdbx), as native app, for sure.
    For the beginning I decided to go read-only so that it will be possible to open KeePass files and view/use your passwords on your BB10 phone because that's the most important thing for myself to be able to carry all my passwords with me.
    But write support could of course also be added in the future.

It may still take a while until the app will be release-ready (even for Beta or whatever) but I already got my dev version running on my Z10 and it's basic functions are already working so far.

The app will of course only work after PB gets the update to BB10.

Cheers
    04-01-13 07:30 PM
    @Bity - sounds good! I have KeePassDroid (KPD) sideloaded, and it works well, but native would be awesome, especially with write capability. Thanks for you attempting this!
    04-02-13 01:15 AM
    @Blty

I require a native application to do what I am trying. Here is my grand schema I am trying to do. I will use KeePass Desktop in our department at work with 4 people in it house on our Mac and PC machines from a database that is stored on a server access via a share. I would like to use Work Drives on the Z10 to connect to this same share so that my DB is accessable on the Z10. I would try KDB but it is not a native application and only native application can be installed on the Work side of the device and work drives is only on the work side of things.

1 Big question I cannot answer is can a application on the work side access shares from the work drive application? if so this would make one hell of a nice solution for BlackBerry users in a corporate environment that our DB file that holds the keys to our life and jobs stays on our server and is accessed via a 100% secure channel not an insecure method like Dropbox or box.com.

I would love to beta test and will be more then willing to help in whatever way I can to make sure this gets developed.

Please PM me and we can chat if you would be willing to help test on a BES10 server and if work drive shares can be seen by your application.
    John Moore1 likes this.
    04-11-13 10:57 AM
    Hi MrEvets,

I cannot answer your big question for sure because I do not have a BES10 available for development and testing but as per the work drives are included in the file manager (on work side) the same way as Dropbox is, files on it should be accessible with native apps.

Unfortunately, I possibly spotted a big problem when it comes to releasing my KeePass port to the public.
    As per I am currently using code from KeePassX (native KeePass version for Linux, Mac etc licensed under GPL), my KeePass port for BB10 must also be licensed under the GPL.
    This wouldn't be a problem from my side but I did not (yet) get any clarification whether GPL apps may be submitted and published through BlackBerry World or not.
    It was basically the same problem why Apple removed VLC from their App Store because there were legal issues because no GPL apps may be published through their App Store.
    If that's the same case with Blackberry World, the app would at the moment become unreleasable.
    By the way, with apps in Google Play there isn't such a problem.

Therefore I am currently trying to get any clarification on this topic wheter it is allowed and license conform to release GPL apps in BlackBerry World or not.

Of course I would be glad to provide you the app when it's ready so you could test this.
    04-11-13 11:39 AM
    I see your dilemma, well if you just provide a bar file to people would that be violating the GPL? As that does not require any store to distribute it? I can install BAR files on Z10 from the work side and side load on the personal side. This is maybe a stop gap till you get approval to release it to BlackBerry World which i know would be more ideal!

I sent you a PM so please feel free to contact me if you want a tester.
    04-11-13 12:18 PM
    I think that providing a bar would be ok from the GPL perspective but the goal is of course to be in the Blackberry World to give all users direct and easy access to the app.

Let's see if I can figure our if GPL and BlackBerry World are compatible - if anyone knows something about this topic, please get in contact with me.
    04-11-13 02:08 PM
    Understand 100%, I hope that this does gets the Okay!
    04-11-13 02:12 PM
    @ Blty: would be intrested in testing your app, as well.
    KeePassX is GPLv2
    As far as I understand from this thread:
    Open-Source-Apps-allowed-on-the-AppWorld
    only v2 could work (v3 not)
    04-16-13 07:39 AM
    I would love to be a beta tester for this - I'm anxiously awaiting a native BB10 KeePass app.
    04-16-13 01:58 PM
    michote, thanks, I also read this thread multiple times but the information in this thread is not really clear to me, no one from BlackBerry tells clear that "it is ok if the app is GPL v2 conform".

I will get back to this thread if I got a beta version ready which can at least be side-loaded.
    michote likes this.
    04-16-13 03:20 PM
138 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD