Kayak application is now in AppWorld. For those who don't know, it's a trip planner (bookings for flights, hotels, cars etc...). I haven't had a chance to try it out but it is an android port.

(I believe it was not that long ago they decided not to support blackberry phones anymore...)
    darktoy likes this.
    04-18-12 06:01 PM
    Lol, they all come back to BlackBerry eventually.
    04-18-12 06:07 PM
    I hope you guys don't support them.
    04-18-12 06:29 PM
    Seems to me like if I was a developer and only had so many resources I would quickly port my app to the playbook and worry about making a native app dependent on the traction my app received. I will use this little analysis and try to support any developer willing to put an app into the app world. Of course only if the app works well and is useful tho.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    04-18-12 06:47 PM
    I hope you guys don't support them.
    May I ask why not? I can understand not downloading the app if you don't need it but if it is useful to you, it works, why would you not support it?
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 04-18-12 at 07:04 PM.
    04-18-12 06:56 PM
    May I ask why not? I can understand not downloading the app if you don't need it but if it is useful to you, it works, why would you not support it?
    Because few months ago they said they are dropping BlackBerry because they don't see it as an important or relevant platform. But now when they see that RIM did heavy lifting and enabled them to load Android app all of a sudden they want to get in on the action and make some dough.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    04-18-12 07:12 PM
    If they actually do some work and make it for the PB, then we'll see. Until then, they and Android can both kick rocks.
    04-18-12 07:23 PM
    Lol, they all come back to BlackBerry eventually.
    So true!

Awesome. I loved Kayak and I use Kayak.com on my Dell. Used to use it on my BlackBerry. Will download again.
    04-18-12 08:01 PM
    RIMpire strikes back again
    04-18-12 08:11 PM
    Of course none of the so called media outlets will report how a company who once said they are done with the BlackBerry platform are back porting their app for the latest and greatest BlackBerry has to offer. I hope RIM PR tries to push this story a bit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-18-12 08:43 PM
    Because few months ago they said they are dropping BlackBerry because they don't see it as an important or relevant platform. But now when they see that RIM did heavy lifting and enabled them to load Android app all of a sudden they want to get in on the action and make some dough.
    I didn't know about the history. Putting questions of "loyalty" aside though, it could be said that RIM must be doing at least something right in order to get developers' attention. I hope more Android developers see the light. Perhaps they can be enticed to go native if they have some success with their Android offerings.
    04-18-12 09:04 PM
    i was playing around with this app just now... it's really good...

thanks for porting this app, Kayak.

04-19-12 01:28 PM
    i was playing around with this app just now... it's really good...

thanks for porting this app, Kayak.

that's assuming Kayak brought it over and it's not another Dolphin fiasco.
    04-19-12 01:38 PM
    that's assuming Kayak brought it over and it's not another Dolphin fiasco.
    According to App World the developer is "Kayak.com", so at least it seems there's no fiasco this time.
    04-19-12 02:17 PM
    The app looks good on the surface but it crashed on me when I tried to add a flight # to the flight tracker. Now I can't get into any android app.. it just hangs on the main android player page. Hopefully this was just a random isolated case. Looks like I will need to do a reboot to get it working again.
    04-19-12 02:30 PM
    Installed the app and it created hundreds of image/icons in my picture folder.... Reported to Kayak support they say is a known issue.

Any workaround?
    05-11-12 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD