Update to version 2.3.1 just appeared in BlackBerry World for me in the UK. Downloading now.
    02-26-13 02:38 PM
    Update to version 2.3.1 just appeared in BlackBerry World for me in the UK. Downloading now.
    just checked and its there for me too. downloading right now.

any idea what the changes are?
    02-26-13 03:00 PM
    Thanks. Not posted in Canada yet unfortunately.
    02-26-13 03:27 PM
    got the update too. change log?
    02-26-13 07:18 PM
    I had a problem playing a vid then skipping to the next one in the folder...the 1st vid played fine but when I went to the 2nd it played but with no sound.... Thankfully this updated seems to have fixed this issue

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-26-13 08:00 PM
    Thanks. Not posted in Canada yet unfortunately.
    Didn't get a notification but when I checked "My World" I got the update.

Lets hope this fixes subtitls in widescreen movies as well as DNLA issues.

Edit: Nope, subtitles still messed up. As well as DNLA folders.
    Attached Thumbnails KalemSoft Media Player for Playbook Released-img_00000201.jpg  
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 02-26-13 at 08:54 PM.
    02-26-13 08:26 PM
    Few changes I noticed:

Folders/Files selection screen widened. Still could use more however to be able to see long file names. Alternative would be to be able to toggle on and off the panel on the right side, to make the selection screen on the left total screen.

Back button is more consistent on the bottom of the folder/file selection screen. My beef is that it still does not take one back to where the were on the previous screen, but rather to the top of the list.

"Thumbs" button at the top of the file/folder selection screen to toggle on and off, though with the thumbs on it leaves very little room for the file name.

A few other buttons are shifted around a bit, but nothing too notable.

All in all, from what I can see, a few decent changes, but nothing earth shattering.

Still waiting on the big one for me, which is a graphic EQ for audio. Can't emphasize how important that is for me.

Thanks just the same, kalemsoft!
    nappp likes this.
    02-26-13 10:22 PM
    thank you for posting your observations!
    02-26-13 10:25 PM
    thank you for posting your observations!
    Here is the change log:

v2.3.1 - 02/26/2013
    ===================
    - Photo viewing support
    - Thumbnail browsing
    - Better codec support (most notably rmvb files)
    - DVB subtitles support
    - Date and size sort for DLNA files
    - Audio track numbers are now taken into account for sorting by name for DLNA files
    - I/O optimization to fix occasional short stalls with high-bitrate
    AC3/DTS encoded media (this optimization must be enabled from player settings)
    - Improved compatibility with DLNA servers
    - Wider files list and other GUI enhancements

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    osbook, nappp, tryfe and 1 others like this.
    02-27-13 01:32 AM
    Hi. I've had Kalemsoft installed for quite some time, but only to play back local flac files. Only now seeing DLNA support. Amazing how you can get blinkered and not see something that's under your nose! I have noticed an issue, though, I am using Serviio as my DLNA server. I find that some music folders (albums) show all songs as have size of 0 and won't stream. The error message tells me to check my Internet connection (which is fine). Most folders/songs are fine, all video is fine. I have tried rebooting both the PlayBook and my computer. BTW, this is all after doing the update yesterday.
    02-27-13 09:19 AM
    Hi. I've had Kalemsoft installed for quite some time, but only to play back local flac files. Only now seeing DLNA support. Amazing how you can get blinkered and not see something that's under your nose! I have noticed an issue, though, I am using Serviio as my DLNA server. I find that some music folders (albums) show all songs as have size of 0 and won't stream. The error message tells me to check my Internet connection (which is fine). Most folders/songs are fine, all video is fine. I have tried rebooting both the PlayBook and my computer. BTW, this is all after doing the update yesterday.
    Are you saying this was working fine before the update?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-27-13 04:32 PM
    I downloaded PB OS2.1.0.1526 on 26th Feb. then updated a few apps including KalemSoft Media Player--to 2.3.1.

Trouble is, the player won't launch. I deleted, downloaded again--same thing. Restarted PB, no luck.

I came here to see whether anybody else has had a similar experience.

The Media Player worker fine before its update and the OS update. No problems with other updated apps.

Edit: Okay, all fine now. I found that Security>Application Permissions>Device Identifying Information was set to 'Denied'. Once that was switched to 'Allowed', KS Media Player launched and plays files. It seems version 2.3.1 won't work with the former setting.
    Last edited by Newfangled Gizmo; 02-28-13 at 01:03 AM.
    02-27-13 05:52 PM
    still working for me. tried one movie to test. haven't watched one all the way through but the program launched with no issues
    02-27-13 07:43 PM
    Just wanted to reiterate that this player is getting more awesome as time goes by... reeeeeeally added a lot of value to my PlayBook and I'm anxiously waiting for the BB10 version.
    Regarding DLNA servers, I read the page KalemSoft - Store and wants to confirm that Universal Media Server (a fork of PS3 Media Server) works beatifully as well but w/o any discovery issues (it gets detected instantly). What's still probably needed is Kalemsoft to add a "Kalemsoft" unique ID to the User Agent String to get better profile optimization at server side (now the UAS is generic and may conflict with other generic players around)
    Thanks again for this app! Wolf.
    dimm0k likes this.
    02-28-13 07:11 AM
    Hi

Ok, been having a little issue with the new update.

I had a favourite folder saved from my server. Before the update, I would click on that folder in my favourites and my files would load up.

Now after the update, the folder is inaccessible. Rebooted device, still there.

I then deleted the folder then made a new one. Tried again and still the same error.

the server is defo active as if I manually find the folder, it loads without issue.

Weird one
    02-28-13 07:39 AM
    This seems to be a great app. Do you plan to release a demo version? I'd pretty much exclusively use the app to stream videos from a HDD attached to a FRITZ!Box 7270 router and 5€ is a bit much to take a gamble.
    The Fritz!Box uses AVMs own mediaserver which is't officially DLNA certified but supports its standards.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 02-28-13 at 09:05 AM.
    02-28-13 08:36 AM
    Are you saying this was working fine before the update?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    No, I hadn't tried the app for DLNA purposes until the update, so I don't know if the problem would have been there before...
    02-28-13 09:00 AM
    After the update, the program won't launch at all. I've rebooted and checked that everything is enabled under application permissions/security settings....

HELP!
    02-28-13 02:36 PM
    After the update, the program won't launch at all. I've rebooted and checked that everything is enabled under application permissions/security settings....

HELP!
    When you say everything is enabled, are you specifically referring to KalemSoft Media Player settings under security->application permissions? If this doesn't help, try reinstalling the application and rebooting your Playbook.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-28-13 02:55 PM
    When you say everything is enabled, are you specifically referring to KalemSoft Media Player settings under security->application permissions? If this doesn't help, try reinstalling the application and rebooting your Playbook.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    It works now ... after 2 reboots and 3 reinstalls ... weird.

I love the program btw ... and the frequent updates!
    02-28-13 03:32 PM
    Just wanted to reiterate that this player is getting more awesome as time goes by... reeeeeeally added a lot of value to my PlayBook and I'm anxiously waiting for the BB10 version.
    Regarding DLNA servers, I read the page KalemSoft - Store and wants to confirm that Universal Media Server (a fork of PS3 Media Server) works beatifully as well but w/o any discovery issues (it gets detected instantly). What's still probably needed is Kalemsoft to add a "Kalemsoft" unique ID to the User Agent String to get better profile optimization at server side (now the UAS is generic and may conflict with other generic players around)
    Thanks again for this app! Wolf.
    User agent string should actually be appearing as KalemSoft Media Player now. So, you are not seeing this? May be you need to refresh the server?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Wolfgan likes this.
    02-28-13 04:40 PM
    remaining vietnamese sub error, i have to convert sub to UTF-8 for Kalemsoft adding sub to film but still square symbol
    pls check and repair
    02-28-13 09:58 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I do have a problem with the update from 2.2.1 to 2.3.1. Get error 35005 (try later) every time I try.
    I deleted ver 2.2.1 to see if that was the issue but can't download ver 2.3.1...anybody else with same issue, or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    02-28-13 10:07 PM
    Is HD output via HDMI something that is in the works or has been implemented already in one of the last updates?
    I was quite surprised when reading in this thread that this not possible (at least when those posts were made).
    03-01-13 04:11 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I do have a problem with the update from 2.2.1 to 2.3.1. Get error 35005 (try later) every time I try.
    I deleted ver 2.2.1 to see if that was the issue but can't download ver 2.3.1...anybody else with same issue, or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    Go to My World tab in App World and hit Refresh List button. Not sure why this happens, but it is not only our app as far as we know. May be it is related to the size of the application.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    AvantGardeMx likes this.
    03-01-13 04:21 AM
1,236 ... 2425262728 ...