Plus one for an EQ!
    01-30-13 05:21 PM
    Now that the Z10 is announced will it be ported over to BB10?
    01-30-13 05:34 PM
    Yes, the picture support is coming with the next update for DLNA servers and later with our streamer.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Great to hear an update incoming. Please don't forget to add a Kalemsoft proper identification to the user agent string, it will make profile optimization so much easier on server side. Thanks!
    01-31-13 06:43 AM
    Hello,

I just got the App yesterday and it works pretty well for me. I do have one question (or maybe feature request):
    Is there a way to "browse" the network for SMB shares or CIFS shares?
    I'm running a Synology server, and don't want to enable its "Media Server" feature since it would take it days to index my 30,000+ video files (and my laptops and Popcorn Hour work fine with CIFS and SMB).
    Thank you
    01-31-13 03:43 PM
    I have being asking this for some time about increase the width to allow browing faster more like a explorer and fix the sort by date especially for folders on DLNA can we expect this ?
    01-31-13 10:10 PM
    Hello,

I just got the App yesterday and it works pretty well for me. I do have one question (or maybe feature request):
    I'm running a Synology server, and don't want to enable its "Media Server" feature since it would take it days to index my 30,000+ video files (and my laptops and Popcorn Hour work fine with CIFS and SMB).
    Thank you
    The app only works on DLNA/Mini DLNA you can start for once it wont take more than 1.5 hour
    01-31-13 10:11 PM
    I have being asking this for some time about increase the width to allow browing faster more like a explorer and fix the sort by date especially for folders on DLNA can we expect this ?
    Yes, the upcoming version has these fixes.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-01-13 04:03 AM
    Hello,

Thank you
    We are not aware of a way of mounting CIFS or samba shares on Playbook directly. This may be possible, we don't know. However, if you run our streamer on your PC, you should be able to add these shares and stream those through our streamer program. This way you can also stream those to remote locations, not only to your home network.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-01-13 04:06 AM
    Hello. I have a question. I got two PB 64 one for my 2 years old and one for me. I have purchased this application for the 2 PB aleary and they work fine with my NAS 4000 Ultra and the Server component.
    The question I have is, can we set up an account only to access some directories, example set up an account call kid that will only access a kids movies and anoher account named adulta that will have access to all the movie directories. In doind this my kid will not access by accident any movie that is not apprpiated for him.
    I hope you understand my question
    Thanks
    02-01-13 08:50 AM
    Hello. I have a question. I got two PB 64 one for my 2 years old and one for me. I have purchased this application for the 2 PB aleary and they work fine with my NAS 4000 Ultra and the Server component.
    The question I have is, can we set up an account only to access some directories, example set up an account call kid that will only access a kids movies and anoher account named adulta that will have access to all the movie directories. In doind this my kid will not access by accident any movie that is not apprpiated for him.
    I hope you understand my question
    Thanks
    Yeah, I would second that request...would be useful for me as well, since we have 4 Playbooks in our family (2 adults, 2 kids).
    02-01-13 09:02 AM
    We are not aware of a way of mounting CIFS or samba shares on Playbook directly. This may be possible, we don't know. However, if you run our streamer on your PC, you should be able to add these shares and stream those through our streamer program. This way you can also stream those to remote locations, not only to your home network.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    A couple of the file manager tools do (esfile explorer, files and folders, ghost explorer) and ftp but it is a bit flaky and I've found anything android based is a no go as any file pulled down to the playbook can only be accessed by that app! Some permission problem as native apps are usually ok.

Whilst its annoying we can't do this maybe in future when pb gets bb10 it will have some api built in to do it, even getting files off your blackberry phone via bridge to it is a challenge!

I wish you had the option when browsing files via dlna to download them to the playbook for viewing off line, aceplayer on ipad does this and its great to leave our daughter to set her films and programs to take with her on a trip.

Re the other post about securing kids areas, not sure its a kalemsoft issue - I've never seen anything dlna request a password, shame as you're correct I can record tv programs on my humax past the 'water shed' and don't want her watching them but they don't seem to have catered for it.

Of course with samba it could be different if it was possible

Regards

Damian
    02-01-13 09:35 AM
    I can't see where Files & Folders can access Samba / CIFS shares. ES File Explorer does though.
    I wish Files & Folders did have it.

It would be a nice feature but KalemSoft is correct, their Server does a fine job. It's fast, lightweight and allows access from outside your own LAN.
    02-01-13 11:24 AM
    I can't see where Files & Folders can access Samba / CIFS shares. ES File Explorer does though.
    I wish Files & Folders did have it.

It would be a nice feature but KalemSoft is correct, their Server does a fine job. It's fast, lightweight and allows access from outside your own LAN.
    Apologies getting mixed up too many file managers as one does ftp, one does blackberry bridge, one does samba etc.
    02-01-13 04:24 PM
    I wanted to add one thing about my request for an EQ, just to illustrate my dilemma.

I have two great apps on my Playbook....Kalemsoft and Neutron.

Currently Kalemsoft offers all the DNA and remote access I can dream of, but the sound quality is mediocre, at best, when listening to audio files. Neutron player on the other hand has just incredible sound controls through both parametric AND graphic equalizers. These controls create a sound that is like day and night when compared with Kalemsoft. HOWEVER, Neutron player does not have DLNA capability...it plays local files only.

Therefore my current usage is that I use Kalemsoft if I have to stream audio, but when playing local, it is always Neutron.

My challenge to both Kalemsoft and Neutron is this:

Kalemsoft - Create sound controls that allow me to achieve the audio quality of Neutron, and I not only make Kalemsoft my full time player, but I sing Kalemsoft's praises from the highest mountain. In fact, if I ever had an app that combined the streaming capability of Kalemsoft and the audio quality of Neutron, well....I'd go so far as to say I'd even pay $50 for that app!

Neutron - Add DLNA in a user friendly interface like Kalemsoft has, and you become my only audio app. Again, I'd happily pay $50 for that!

Com'on, who's going to take the challenge and do it?
    Last edited by JoeCanuck; 02-02-13 at 09:19 AM. Reason: speling
    02-02-13 02:39 AM
    Before you get too excited, I will not pay $50 for an app on a $129 device.
    My bid, $9.99.
    02-02-13 07:03 AM
    I wanted to add one thing about my request for an EQ, just to illustrate my dilemma.

I have two great apps on my Playbook....Kalemsoft and Neutron.

Currently Kalemsoft offers all the DNA and remote access I can dream of, but the sound quality is mediocre, at best, when listening to audio files. Neutron player on the other hand has just incredible sound controls through both parametric AND graphic equalizers. These controls create a sound that is like day and night when compared with Kalemsoft. HOWEVER, Neutron player does not have DLNA capability...it plays local files only.

Therefore my current usage is that I use Kalemsoft if I have to stream audio, but when playing local, it is always Neutron.

My challenge to both Kalemsoft and Neutron is this:

Kalemsoft - Create sound controls that allow me to achieve the audio quality of Neutron, and I not only make Kalemsoft my full time player, but I sing Kalemsoft's praises from the highest mountain. In fact, if I ever had an app that combined the streaming capability of Kalemsoft and the audio quality of Neutron, well....I'd go so far as to say I'd even pay $50 for that app!

Neutron - Add DLNA is a user friendly interface like Kalemsoft has, and you become my only audio app. Again, I'd happily pay $50 for that!

Com'on, who's going to take the challenge and do it?
    Thanks for your support. We will look into EQ. This was actually already in our list. We are always listening to suggestions and feature requests and trying to implement them as much as we can.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-02-13 07:48 AM
    Before you get too excited, I will not pay $50 for an app on a $129 device.
    My bid, $9.99.
    OK, $9.99 and a $40 donation.

Heck, yes the PB is $129, BUT, having the streaming capability of Kalemsoft and the audio quality of Neutron, it would revolutionize the way I listen to music, and make it infinitely more enjoyable and practical.

That to me is worth the $50.

HOWEVER, the caveat is that it would have to have the sound quality of Neutron, not just a slight improvement over the current quality. In otherwords, don't just throw in a half-arse EQ.

Again...I put the challenge out there for Kalemsoft to rise to the occasion!!!!
    02-02-13 09:21 AM
    I had a peculiar situation with Kalemsoft media player. The other day I lost my internet for about 24hrs ( a snowplow sheared of 400 pair of phone lines at my provider). When there is no internet the Media Player will not connect to the streamer. My local network was fine. I was only trying to play files on my local network. I can't see why local files on the local network would not play. Is this normal?

thanks
    -
    pete
    02-02-13 12:55 PM
    I had a peculiar situation with Kalemsoft media player. The other day I lost my internet for about 24hrs ( a snowplow sheared of 400 pair of phone lines at my provider). When there is no internet the Media Player will not connect to the streamer. My local network was fine. I was only trying to play files on my local network. I can't see why local files on the local network would not play. Is this normal?

thanks
    -
    pete
    When you lose internet connectivity, enable "Connect with IP and port" under Player network settings and enter your PC's IP address (that is the local IP address within your LAN) and port number to the boxes below. The default port number is 7000 if you haven't changed it.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-02-13 03:33 PM
    That log may not mean much. It doesn't necessarily indicate the filename being served. It may very well be the filename as it is stored on your server. Do you see the full name on another DLNA client?
    In any case, we will check with PS3 and see what it is sending as the URI.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    BTW, I just tried a PS3MediaServer fork (Universal Media Server) and seems to work better in terms of media server discovery. Let me know if anyone is interested in the Kalemsoft.conf I put together.
    Regards, Wolf
    02-02-13 04:19 PM
    Just purchased it, tried it, works like a charm, thank you KalemSoft.
    02-02-13 04:27 PM
    "Originally Posted by dimm0k
    Came across a video that won't play... the thumbnail shows up when you select the video in KMP, but when you attempt to play the video it shows a blank screen with the media controls at the bottom. Fast forwarding back and forth doesn't do anything either, however the video plays fine on the computer. In fact this video actually crashed the whole PlayBook and restarted itself! How can I get a segment of this video uploaded somewhere for testing?"

"Please contact us here and we will send you a link.
    Regards,
    KalemSoft"

Has this been solved or being looked into?
    I too have a couple of rmvb files that cannot be played in KMP, but can be played perfectly in QMPlayer.
    Last edited by skeelee; 02-03-13 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Missed the Quote earlier.
    02-03-13 07:25 AM
    "Originally Posted by dimm0k
    Came across a video that won't play... the thumbnail shows up when you select the video in KMP, but when you attempt to play the video it shows a blank screen with the media controls at the bottom. Fast forwarding back and forth doesn't do anything either, however the video plays fine on the computer. In fact this video actually crashed the whole PlayBook and restarted itself! How can I get a segment of this video uploaded somewhere for testing?"

"Please contact us here and we will send you a link.
    Regards,
    KalemSoft"

Has this been solved or being looked into?
    I too have a couple of rmvb files that cannot be played in KMP, but can be played perfectly in QMPlayer.
    Yes, rmvb issue has been solved in the upcoming version.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    02-03-13 10:04 AM
    Yes, the upcoming version has these fixes.

Regards,
    KalemSoft

Do we know when can we expect i have more than 300+ files on my NAS and browsing them is a pain especially when scrolling if something gets pressed it goes in folder and when going back takes you to the top which is very annoying please increase the size of browsing area much like a file explorer
    02-03-13 10:43 PM
    When you lose internet connectivity, enable "Connect with IP and port" under Player network settings and enter your PC's IP address (that is the local IP address within your LAN) and port number to the boxes below. The default port number is 7000 if you haven't changed it.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Those are the settings I use all the time. It still would not connect. Maybe I have something else set wrong.
    -
    Pete
    02-04-13 08:35 AM
1,236 ... 2122232425 ...