That popup means your streamer is not visible outside your network, so probably you won't be able to stream to a location outside your LAN. It may be an issue with additional router firewall or anything that blocks incoming connections to your network from outside world.

Are non-visible folders any different than visible ones in terms of their properties? Such as, are they on a different drive, are they shortcuts, etc.? Not that these won't work, but they may help us understand the issue better.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    1.) i can see that it succesfully opened ports on my router (UPNP). Maybe windows firewall is blocking it but if i look at the settings the ports seem to be open. Dont need to stream outside my LAN so this isnt really important .

2.) Some of them are on different drives but other than that they look pretty much the same to me just typical shared folders for my HTPC). The only difference is the time that i added them to media streamer. Those two that i can see are the same that i added when i first set up the server. All the others were added later. Perhaps that is the reason? Maybe the playbook app doesnt refresh the list or the server doesnt send a new list?
    01-13-13 06:02 AM
    Restarting both windows and playbook fixed the problem.
    01-13-13 08:32 AM
    Has anyone witnessed that the 2.2.1 update has caused certain videos not playing or smoothly.
    01-13-13 10:22 AM
    On the BB app world site there were comments how they can stream their content directly from their WD Live device to their playbook using the Kalem Player. Does anyone know if this is accurate and if so what steps one should take in order to set it up?
    If it is a WD Live device that has a DLNA server then yes it will work.
    I have a WD My Book Live that has the Twonky DLNA server built in. It works very well.
    01-14-13 05:04 AM
    I like the player and the UI but for the life of me I cannot get it to find my PS3 Media Server. Every other DLNA compatible device I have sees it fine and I've messed around a bit trying to get it to work but no such luck. Is anyone else using this software and able to get it to work?
    01-15-13 01:07 PM
    I can't get anything on my home LAN to see PS3 Media Server running on Windows Home Server 2011.
    Odd because I used to use it with no problem.

I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question but I've had better luck with Serviio media server. It's also running on the same Windows Home Server 2011 machine.
    adapheon likes this.
    01-15-13 01:36 PM
    I like the player and the UI but for the life of me I cannot get it to find my PS3 Media Server. Every other DLNA compatible device I have sees it fine and I've messed around a bit trying to get it to work but no such luck. Is anyone else using this software and able to get it to work?
    Press Servers button multiple times or just restart the server, it should be seen then. With that server, there is some compatibility problem that makes discovery fail sometimes and we are trying to fix it.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-15-13 02:18 PM
    Same here. Looking at ps3mediaserver logs kmp is immediately detected, but the server doesn't appear on kmp client side. Best results for me is to leave kmp's upnp/dlna screen open, wait several seconds and hit the servers button.
    I also requested before the developers to add "kalemsoft" or something similar to the user agent string of the player, for better configuration on server side (the one used today is rather generic).
    Wolf
    01-16-13 05:08 AM
    Just took the chance and purchased Kalemsoft MP for my Playbook 32GB. Great product and great intuitive interface with very simple setup.

As a note it found both DLNA networks I am running...Servio and Samsung's AllShare. I also installed the Kalemsoft Media Server software to be able to use the remote feature....that also works like a charm.

HOWEVER, I have some nitpicks that I would hope future updates to address:

Back Button - I noticed that when browsing through my media collection, there is a "Back" button that sometimes appears at the bottom left corner of the screen, and sometimes not. It seems to have a mind of its own when it is going to appear. It's frustrating, since that "Back" button is extremely useful. Yes, I can go back out a particular folder structure to return to the root folder by touching the ".." at the top of the list, however when I return to the root folder, it goes back to the very top of the folder list (ie, back to start of the alphabetical order). This is annoying since I have a massive music collection (probably over 400 artists), and when I return to the root folder I want to return to the place I had already scrolled down to, not the beginning of the list. In other words, if I'm in the Rolling Stones album folder, and I want to the return to the root folder, then I want it to return to the "R" section, not the beginning of the A's. If it returns to the A's then I have to scroll all the way through over 300 folders to get to the R's again. The "Back" button, when it is there, returns correctly to the place it started from nicely, however, using the ".." method, always returns to the start of the list. Please Please Please, fix this little bug.

"Jump To" Button - It would be useful to have a jump to button, where I could select a letter of the alphabet and the software would automatically scroll down to the place in the folders list corresponding to that letter in the alphabet. IE. If I selected "M" it would go down to the folders beginning with the letter "M". Much like how on an IPod scroll wheel, when you turn it slow, it just goes title by title, but when you turn the wheel fast it jumps alphabetically from letter to letter so you can get through the list to the place you want, very fast.

Split Screen - Please make the split between the folder/media list (left side), and the details area (right side), moveable. The reason being that if the file/media names are long, they are hidden past a certain number of characters. I don't need all the room on the right side, but need more room on the left side to see the longer file names. This is especially an issue when scrolling through classical music titles which are sometimes huge. I suppose it would also be nice to be able to change font size as well.

Now Playing Screen - Please add a "previous track" and "next track" display to this screen, so that when playing music, I know what to expect when I press the skip track buttons. Album art displayed on this page would also be nice.

Audio Equalizer - A biggie, IMO. Please add even a simple equalizer so that I can better tailor the output sound to my preferences. Hopefully this would also enable the volume output to be louder, as the volume is currently lower than the native media player.

Album Art - From what I can tell, album art or thumbnails are supposed to be visible if embedded in the files. All of my music is properly tagged and has embedded album art, yet none of them show, even when I have the "show thumbnails" box checked in the settings. This is not critical, but would sure pretty up the user experience if it worked.

Thanks to the development team of Kalemsoft for playing such an active role on this thread, and caring about what your customers say. That's a big reason I bought the product.
    Last edited by JoeCanuck; 01-16-13 at 03:20 PM.
    01-16-13 09:38 AM
    I've found that after watching a video I used the built in delete.
    the MP then moves to the next video, but when I click on Play I get the following error:

"The destination file/folder could not be opened. Please make sure that the file/folder has read permissions. Also, please check application permissions from Playbook Security Settings and restart the application. Some times a device restart may fix this problem."

When I select the video from the menu, then click on play it plays ok
    Last edited by dgmckenzie; 01-17-13 at 10:49 AM. Reason: add error message
    01-16-13 10:39 AM
    Im using remote media and i found some small problems while using it

1.) sorting by date doesnt always work.
    2.) clicking on the same sorting button should switch between descending and ascending order.

So pretty much what i want is to have the newest episode on top. Currently i can have it on the bottom but only in some folders.
    01-16-13 10:58 AM
    Has anyone witnessed that the 2.2.1 update has caused certain videos not playing or smoothly.
    I opened at ticket at Kalemsoft support. Since the upgrade, the player crashes everytime I want to play any movie with ac3 audio, being thru dlna or locally, avi or mkv. I'm using latest pbos2.1 on a playbook 4g.
    Last edited by Wolfgan; 01-16-13 at 01:47 PM. Reason: missed quote
    01-16-13 01:46 PM
    I saw another post with this but haven't got the same problem.

My video was xvid with ac3 without subtitles played locally

Regards

Damian
    01-17-13 12:37 AM
    I opened at ticket at Kalemsoft support. Since the upgrade, the player crashes everytime I want to play any movie with ac3 audio, being thru dlna or locally, avi or mkv. I'm using latest pbos2.1 on a playbook 4g.
    Try reinstalling the application. Someone else had a similar issue and a reinstall fixed it. It may be a corrupt installation or the database got corrupted for some reason.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-17-13 03:41 AM
    Just took the chance and purchased Kalemsoft MP for my Playbook 32GB. Great product and great intuitive interface with very simple setup.

As a note it found both DLNA networks I am running...Servio and Samsung's AllShare. I also installed the Kalemsoft Media Server software to be able to use the remote feature....that also works like a charm.

HOWEVER, I have some nitpicks that I would hope future updates to address:

Back Button - I noticed that when browsing through my media collection, there is a "Back" button that sometimes appears at the bottom left corner of the screen, and sometimes not. It seems to have a mind of its own when it is going to appear. It's frustrating, since that "Back" button is extremely useful. Yes, I can go back out a particular folder structure to return to the root folder by touching the ".." at the top of the list, however when I return to the root folder, it goes back to the very top of the folder list (ie, back to start of the alphabetical order). This is annoying since I have a massive music collection (probably over 400 artists), and when I return to the root folder I want to return to the place I had already scrolled down to, not the beginning of the list. In other words, if I'm in the Rolling Stones album folder, and I want to the return to the root folder, then I want it to return to the "R" section, not the beginning of the A's. If it returns to the A's then I have to scroll all the way through over 300 folders to get to the R's again. The "Back" button, when it is there, returns correctly to the place it started from nicely, however, using the ".." method, always returns to the start of the list. Please Please Please, fix this little bug.

"Jump To" Button - It would be useful to have a jump to button, where I could select a letter of the alphabet and the software would automatically scroll down to the place in the folders list corresponding to that letter in the alphabet. IE. If I selected "M" it would go down to the folders beginning with the letter "M". Much like how on an IPod scroll wheel, when you turn it slow, it just goes title by title, but when you turn the wheel fast it jumps alphabetically from letter to letter so you can get through the list to the place you want, very fast.

Split Screen - Please make the split between the folder/media list (left side), and the details area (right side), moveable. The reason being that if the file/media names are long, they are hidden past a certain number of characters. I don't need all the room on the right side, but need more room on the left side to see the longer file names. This is especially an issue when scrolling through classical music titles which are sometimes huge. I suppose it would also be nice to be able to change font size as well.

Now Playing Screen - Please add a "previous track" and "next track" display to this screen, so that when playing music, I know what to expect when I press the skip track buttons. Album art displayed on this page would also be nice.

Audio Equalizer - A biggie, IMO. Please add even a simple equalizer so that I can better tailor the output sound to my preferences. Hopefully this would also enable the volume output to be louder, as the volume is currently lower than the native media player.

Album Art - From what I can tell, album art or thumbnails are supposed to be visible if embedded in the files. All of my music is properly tagged and has embedded album art, yet none of them show, even when I have the "show thumbnails" box checked in the settings. This is not critical, but would sure pretty up the user experience if it worked.

Thanks to the development team of Kalemsoft for playing such an active role on this thread, and caring about what your customers say. That's a big reason I bought the product.
    We will look at the Back button issue.

The search button does exactly what you were referring to with jump to button.

We widened the file list in the next version coming so it will be more convenient to view long file names now. We also have plans to make the file info panel hidden on demand.

Album art should be visible for files with embedded album art ID3 tags. If you have files with some other format, we would like to see what they look like. Could you please contact us for this?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-17-13 03:48 AM
    We widened the file list in the next version coming so it will be more convenient to view long file names now. We also have plans to make the file info panel hidden on demand.
    Great!
    01-17-13 03:04 PM
    Try reinstalling the application. Someone else had a similar issue and a reinstall fixed it. It may be a corrupt installation or the database got corrupted for some reason.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    That worked, movies with ac3 audio play properly now. Thanks!
    01-18-13 08:32 AM
    Something similar to the quick left selector at native Contacts app (the column of letters for quick jump) seems a good way to implement this functionality...
    01-18-13 08:34 AM
    We will look at the Back button issue.

The search button does exactly what you were referring to with jump to button.

Album art should be visible for files with embedded album art ID3 tags. If you have files with some other format, we would like to see what they look like. Could you please contact us for this?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thanks for the response, Kalemsoft.

You're right about the search feature...it does work decently.

On the topic of Album Art, my whole music catalog is ID3 tagged using Mp3tag v2.52. The album art shows perfectly on both my IPod and VLC music player on my computer. Yet it still will not show in either the file selector window, the file info panel, or the now playing panel. I tried to reinstall to see if that made a difference and it didn't. I'd be interested to hear from other users if it works on their playbook.when playing music files.

Great to hear about the change and option with the file window and info panel.

I have one last suggestion, which is important to me. When I am using the "Shared Folder" through DLNA, I have three options to sort (Name,Date,Size). However, when it sorts on "name", it sorts on the name of the track, not the full file name, which contains the track number first. In other words, if I play a complete album, there is no way to sort on the track number, and therefore can play an album in the exact order the tracks appear on the album. When using the "Shared Folder" view, the app should sort on the full file name, not the track name. Either the "name" sort needs to sort on the full file name, OR have another button to sort on "track number".

Thanks again
    01-18-13 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the response, Kalemsoft.

You're right about the search feature...it does work decently.

On the topic of Album Art, my whole music catalog is ID3 tagged using Mp3tag v2.52. The album art shows perfectly on both my IPod and VLC music player on my computer. Yet it still will not show in either the file selector window, the file info panel, or the now playing panel. I tried to reinstall to see if that made a difference and it didn't. I'd be interested to hear from other users if it works on their playbook.when playing music files.

Great to hear about the change and option with the file window and info panel.

I have one last suggestion, which is important to me. When I am using the "Shared Folder" through DLNA, I have three options to sort (Name,Date,Size). However, when it sorts on "name", it sorts on the name of the track, not the full file name, which contains the track number first. In other words, if I play a complete album, there is no way to sort on the track number, and therefore can play an album in the exact order the tracks appear on the album. When using the "Shared Folder" view, the app should sort on the full file name, not the track name. Either the "name" sort needs to sort on the full file name, OR have another button to sort on "track number".

Thanks again
    If you can send us a sample file with ID3 tags you have, we can check it out. We made changes in the upcoming release with respect to album art, so if this is still not working for your files, this is now your chance to get the fix added to the new release.

The sorting by name doesn't exclude any of the numbers in front. It sorts based on what is displayed in the list. If the DLNA server is omitting the numbers and not sending them out, your files won't be sorted per track number. Do you see numbers in front of file names in the list?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-18-13 03:40 PM
    The sorting by name doesn't exclude any of the numbers in front. It sorts based on what is displayed in the list. If the DLNA server is omitting the numbers and not sending them out, your files won't be sorted per track number. Do you see numbers in front of file names in the list?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    For those who want to have their hands dirty in upnp/dlna bits :-), these open source (formerly developed at Intel) tools are great for checking what the server is exporting and which devices announced as upnp/dlna capable on your network Developer Tools - Open Software Projects
    Wolf
    Angus_CB likes this.
    01-19-13 05:02 AM
    Equalizer is no so big for me, but I understand that for users listening music is a biggie. As I'm using KMP for movies mostly, my major request in this area is a mixer, as sometimes 5.1 multichannel movies track has the frontal central channel (mostly used for voice) too low so dialogue gets lost into incidental music or effects. Would it be possible to implement?
    I love this player more and more everyday!
    01-19-13 08:43 AM
    Another request is what I call Poor Man's Local Metadata for Movies, which basically is just put a link to imdb with the same name of the file. If done in Windows, is just open the page in browser and create a shortcut in a folder (type Internet Shortcut), or just simply drag and drop the address bar to the folder.

Moving that file tot the PlayBook creates a something.URL file with a content like:
    Code:
    [InternetShortcut]
    URL=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/combined
    What I'm suggesting is KMP look for .URL files named as the movie (ie movie1.avi and movie1.URL), parse it's content and present a button "Internet Info" in the pane where the thumbnail, movie and tracks info are presented. Clicking on that button will just launch the PB browser with the link.
    For local music stored in folders, it may be expanded to look for folder.URL file.

Would it be possible to add to KMP?
    Thanks, Wolf.

PS: I asked for a similar request ages ago to free AIR Browser (file manager) developer, and he added it in a few hours. Works like a charm! (just try clicking in a .URL file and tap Open button)
    01-19-13 09:04 AM
    I like the idea but would rather KMP had the ability to read XML metadata files, from local and DLNA files.
    The XML file should follow an existing standard. I already create XML files for a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player so that format gets my vote.
    01-19-13 09:25 AM
    Would it be possible to add audio offset as a feature for a future version, being able to adjust with a slider whilst film is playing would mean I'd replace my xbmc with the playbook running your player - its that good :-)

Regards

Damian
    01-19-13 10:56 AM
1,236 ... 1920212223 ...