Great work KalemSoft. The ability to see my DLNA servers was a nice surprise.
    I use a Western Digital My Book Live which runs Twonky.

For those that don't know, the KalemSoft player will play files from your DLNA server without running the KalemSoft server software on a separate computer.
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-15-12 12:43 PM
    Purchased this app when it was full price for my playbook, purchased when in sale for the one Santa is bringing my daughter for xmas :-)

Have just filled her 64gb playbook up with all the movies & tv shows she loves recorded on my Humax HDR Fox T2 - tested them and everything I throw at this works, the DLNA is the best xmas present as new shows recorded she can stream from it :-)

My wife will be happy too as she'll be getting to use the ipad when my daughter gets her playbook ~ everyones happy :-)

Cant thank you enough for your awesome app, as I've mentioned before it Handles the HD streams perfect where as the ipad chokes, 64gb playbook with your app is the best portable media device for the cost in my opinion, cracking set of speakers on it too!
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-15-12 06:01 PM
    Yes,it seems a discovery issue, as other renderers on the same network work ok (ps3, wdtv, pc client). I opened a ticket with kalemsoft and they replied promptly and helping out.
    12-16-12 06:28 AM
    Yeahhhhh, this works for me. My AC3 test file is working with sound. It freezes at the start but might be this file, I'll have to test it with another. I had no sound with my AC3 files before because I've got an earlier OS version (mentioned in earlier posts in this thread). This is fixed! Thank you so much. I prefer your app over the QM Player as your viewer can be filled, or boxed to fit very wide screen movies whereas QMPlayer can't (I'm tired of seeing stretched people). I'm a happy camper, KS! Thank you.
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-17-12 12:16 AM
    HI,

Just bought KMP after using QM Player. I miss the QM player swipe features

short horizontal swipe: 10 seconds forward or back
    long horizontal swipe: 1 minute forward or back
    short vertical swipe: volume up or down
    diagonal swipe: decrease or increase playback speed
    long vertical swipe: increase or decrease audio delay
    tap screen: pause

Any chance something similar could be added to this media player?

Cheers
    Chris
    12-17-12 05:13 AM
    It srill crashes, at first I was playing from videos folder played all videos there and when trying to change to the next oje it also crashes. tried all 3 different continuous play options (shuffle, order, off) still crashes, also tried with some mp3 skipping worked once on mp3 but. when tried again it crashed again.

*edit: also already tried reinstalling, but I get the same results.
    hey have you by any chance look into my problem?
    after the reinstall single play works for some videos but for most its still crashing,
    if shuffle or order are on it crashes with all
    skipping next video works once or twice but after song end it will just crash again.
    I recorded some videos so you migth understand me but I dnt know where to upload them would not like to use a google service and that's is kind of tough these days :\
    would it be fine to pm you a dropbox or box link those are the only ones I can think of if I'm not mistaken
    also tried different sizes of video but I didn't notice any difference in that (sizes ranged from 5.6 mb to
    701.9 mb)

again the main problem is that after each video ends the app will crash
    12-17-12 11:23 AM
    HI,

Just bought KMP after using QM Player. I miss the QM player swipe features

short horizontal swipe: 10 seconds forward or back
    long horizontal swipe: 1 minute forward or back
    short vertical swipe: volume up or down
    diagonal swipe: decrease or increase playback speed
    long vertical swipe: increase or decrease audio delay
    tap screen: pause

Any chance something similar could be added to this media player?

Cheers
    Chris
    Chris, this was already requested earlier in this thread. Swipe features would be great to have on KS MP.
    12-17-12 02:39 PM
    hey have you by any chance look into my problem?
    Yes, we have the fix and will release an update soon.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    osbook likes this.
    12-17-12 04:30 PM
    I just bought it to try to display the stream from my H.264 webcam, but cannot find a place to enter the URL for the webcam. I then read this thread and realized the software may not display webcam streams directly.
    12-17-12 05:46 PM
    Is the sort order worked on ?
    12-18-12 02:39 AM
    It's currently $4 and if you use the same BB ID on multiple PBs I think you can download it on all of them with one purchase, although I'm not sure how many PBs can be on one account.
    Can anyone confirm that you can purchase one licence and use it on multiple BBs with the same BB ID? There are 3 in our household and would be interested only in the subtitle and resume features (maybe more if I tried it). However, �15 is a bit much for this. Even more annoying when it is $4.99 in the US and �5 in the UK.
    Last edited by Searcher2; 12-18-12 at 08:26 AM.
    12-18-12 08:08 AM
    Can anyone confirm that you can purchase one licence and use it on multiple BBs with the same BB ID? There are 3 in our household and would be interested only in the subtitle and resume features (maybe more if I tried it). However, �15 is a bit much for this. Even more annoying when it is $4.99 in the US and �5 in the UK.
    Multiple pb's can share the same bbid and, therefore, an app can be one more than one device (max 5 or 6 or??).

While it may not be nice to post in this thread - there is an app that does subtitles - MovieSRTPlayer.
    12-18-12 09:14 AM
    Is the sort order worked on ?
    Yes, we are looking into it.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-18-12 05:00 PM
    Multiple pb's can share the same bbid and, therefore, an app can be one more than one device (max 5 or 6 or??).

While it may not be nice to post in this thread - there is an app that does subtitles - MovieSRTPlayer.
    I previously used that app, its ok but no ac3 or other media file support so I also had watchmore but ill be honest kalemsofts player beats both hands down. Does subs and better than anything on other devices too, they're also actively fixing and releasing which I've seen little on the other apps

Regards

Damian
    12-18-12 05:28 PM
    Has anybody successfully view the .mkv via DLNA? It didn't work for me. I have a NAS with DLNA, PB can search for the media server, but only display .wmv, .avi, .mp4.
    12-19-12 02:14 AM
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like I may well plump for this. I have a noobie question though. My Android phone has DLNA capabilities. Would I be able to play films stored on my phone's memory card on my Playbook using KalemSoft media player - just using the phone and the Playbook? I have had a brief look at this and am not sure if I need a wifi network in the middle to do this.
    12-19-12 04:13 AM
    I bought this app yesterday.....

One question, when i view a film in "fill" mode, the picture is obviously distorted; but when i put it in "boxed" mode the picture is fine; does anyone else experience this or am i missing something obvious?

Thanks
    12-19-12 05:45 AM
    Has anybody successfully view the .mkv via DLNA? It didn't work for me. I have a NAS with DLNA, PB can search for the media server, but only display .wmv, .avi, .mp4.
    The player supports mkv and works with other DLNA servers. What DLNA server does your NAS have or which NAS is it? Just for testing, try renaming the file extension to .avi and see if it works.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    kinghai likes this.
    12-19-12 06:27 AM
    I bought this app yesterday.....

One question, when i view a film in "fill" mode, the picture is obviously distorted; but when i put it in "boxed" mode the picture is fine; does anyone else experience this or am i missing something obvious?

Thanks
    It is the expected behavior. Fill mode will stretch the image to fit the screen fully which will change the aspect ratio. Boxed will keep the aspect ratio while sizing the image so you will see black bars at the top and the bottom or on the left and right sides. There is also crop which will also keep the aspect ratio but as the name tells, it will cut off the edges of the picture to fit it to the screen.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-19-12 06:31 AM
    What about when a movie would normally fill the screen? If i put it in boxed mode, then it will have black bars? or will the picture remain as it should in fill mode, without any distortion?

Haven't got my playbook with me right now to test this.

Thanks
    12-19-12 06:42 AM
    What about when a movie would normally fill the screen? If i put it in boxed mode, then it will have black bars? or will the picture remain as it should in fill mode, without any distortion?

Haven't got my playbook with me right now to test this.

Thanks
    If the movie has the same aspect ratio as the screen, no black bars will be shown in either case (boxed or fill) and aspect ratio will be kept.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-19-12 08:11 AM
    I had to wait a year for an app like this to finally come and it's still the only one of it's kind that I know of that plays a ton of formats that can't be played in the playbook native video player without the hassle of converting on a PC. Please continue to develop for the Playbook kalemsoft. As an avid movie watcher, you're literally my favorite playbook developer for bringing this capability to my Playbook. The streaming features are just extra icing on the cake. Thank you!
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-19-12 09:43 AM
    KalemSoft's app needs to be featured on Appworld ... Without this forum, I would very likely be living without the tremendous functionality this app adds to my Playbook.
    12-19-12 10:30 AM
    Kalemsoft can you add support for spanish subtitles?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 10:46 AM
    Kalemsoft can you add support for spanish subtitles?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    They should work. Have you changed the subtitle encoding? You should select ISO-8859-1

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    jed57x likes this.
    12-19-12 10:57 AM
1,236 ... 1415161718 ...