Hi! I bought this app some days ago and i love it!
    I'd like a new feature for it:
    The movies shown as pictures (like media center), this is a sample:

in some PC software is only necessary to have the same name for the movie and poster image.

Thank you!
    12-06-12 08:04 AM
    Swipe features:
    short horizontal swipe: 10 seconds forward or back
    long horizontal swipe: 1 minute forward or back
    short vertical swipe: volume up or down
    diagonal swipe: decrease or increase playback speed
    long vertical swipe: increase or decrease audio delay
    tap screen: pause

These are all handy swipe gestures in QMPlayer as one doesn't need to go into menues to access them. These would be great features in KS MP. I use VLC on my laptop and I use its shortcut menu extensively. It just becomes second nature to me.
    12-07-12 08:42 AM
    server app is crashing internpmittently on my win7 ultimate pc.

other issue is sometimes I get error while streaming that disk space is full. disable the progressive download to avoid this error.

how do check the disk space?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-08-12 12:16 PM
    New version has been submitted. We are planning to prepare a list of UPNP/DLNA servers that are known to work for reference. We would be grateful if you could report back which server is supported which is not once the new version is published. Our current list of successfully tested servers is as follows:

Windows Media
    Twonky
    MediaTomb
    Tversity

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Hi, eagerly waiting for it. Just to keep an eye on newer version once approved, what will be the release version number so I start testing my DLNA setup?
    Thx, Wolf
    bozvandam likes this.
    12-08-12 12:54 PM
    How do i make ES File Explorer open movie files using this player on LAN ?

Last time i had selected default player as ES Player prior to installing this
    12-08-12 11:43 PM
    server app is crashing internpmittently on my win7 ultimate pc.

other issue is sometimes I get error while streaming that disk space is full. disable the progressive download to avoid this error.

how do check the disk space?

Progressive download option is buffering the content on the device while streaming it, so you need free space on the device. If you are getting this warning, you need to either disable progressive download or free up some space on the Playbook.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-09-12 07:44 AM
    This app has worked very well for the last few weeks but suddenly stopped accessing my Local Media and instead gives me a message saying that my licence is not valid. If I turn on the Device ID in the security permissions then it works but I don't see why I need to provide that just to access my own media on the tablet i.e. not streaming. Has anyone else had this suddenly occur and/or can somebody at KalemSoft explain this?

It's an excellent app with some great functionality above the stock player but I'm reluctant to give any company information that it doesn't really need.
    12-09-12 07:26 PM
    I would guess the license is tied to the device I'd so it reads that to validate, good question thought let's see what the vebdor replies.

I'm eagerly awaiting rim to approve the latest release to appworld :-)

Regards

Damian
    12-09-12 11:48 PM
    Same license issue here too.
    12-10-12 10:53 AM
    I just bought the app - looks great so far. If you have the videos on your PC and stream it onto your playbook, does this count as bandwidth usage? Sorry if this is a dumb question....i'm a newbie.
    12-10-12 11:39 AM
    New version has been submitted. We are planning to prepare a list of UPNP/DLNA servers that are known to work for reference. We would be grateful if you could report back which server is supported which is not once the new version is published. Our current list of successfully tested servers is as follows:

Windows Media
    Twonky
    MediaTomb
    Tversity

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    when searching for media on my ps3 it finds the ones wih windows media, so do you think this will work with my ps3? as I undertand dnla was required for these to work.. sorry I been waiting for the update to test this but its not up yet and wanted to see if you could shine some ligth xD
    12-10-12 01:12 PM
    This app has worked very well for the last few weeks but suddenly stopped accessing my Local Media and instead gives me a message saying that my licence is not valid. If I turn on the Device ID in the security permissions then it works but I don't see why I need to provide that just to access my own media on the tablet i.e. not streaming. Has anyone else had this suddenly occur and/or can somebody at KalemSoft explain this?

It's an excellent app with some great functionality above the stock player but I'm reluctant to give any company information that it doesn't really need.
    Developers already get device id's from RIM per purchase so this is not an unknown to us. It is just a binary number which has no meaning other than uniquely identifying your device and doesn't contain any personal information. It is required to validate that you are running the application on a licensed device. So, please do let the application read your device id if you are getting a license error.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-10-12 01:28 PM
    Does the program work with the Seagate GoFlex Satellite hard drive (which creates its own network)? It'd like to stream content to the Playbook without having my PC on, while also taking advantage of KalemSoft's improved codec support.
    12-10-12 03:14 PM
    Developers already get device id's from RIM per purchase so this is not an unknown to us. It is just a binary number which has no meaning other than uniquely identifying your device and doesn't contain any personal information. It is required to validate that you are running the application on a licensed device. So, please do let the application read your device id if you are getting a license error.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thanks for replying. A few more questions about this:

- Why is your app the only one (that I have, anyway) which requires this?
    - Why did it suddenly start now?

I realize it doesn't contain any other information but it identifies this device and there's a reason RIM provided the opportunity to monitor these requests. It's one of the reasons I appreciate this device. Thanks for helping me to understand this.
    12-10-12 05:44 PM
    Thanks for replying. A few more questions about this:

- Why is your app the only one (that I have, anyway) which requires this?
    - Why did it suddenly start now?

I realize it doesn't contain any other information but it identifies this device and there's a reason RIM provided the opportunity to monitor these requests. It's one of the reasons I appreciate this device. Thanks for helping me to understand this.
    It is not true that it is the only application. Many apps have been doing this. This is called dynamic licensing in RIM's terms and it is one of the recommended licensing methods. We use it to protect our application against piracy and protect your rights who have purchased the application.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-11-12 12:27 AM
    Does the program work with the Seagate GoFlex Satellite hard drive (which creates its own network)? It'd like to stream content to the Playbook without having my PC on, while also taking advantage of KalemSoft's improved codec support.
    If your device supports DLNA, it should work with the upcoming version (already submitted last week).

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-11-12 12:29 AM
    Would streaming of files would also be available in next version i did used the app on my friends tablet and looks good and played all movies with AC3 audio before i make a purchase wanted to know whether LAN support is coming or not i can get DLNA working on my NAS but i want to avoid it and want to run on pure LAN.

Also is there a battery hog when playing movies which has AC3 audio ?
    12-11-12 05:36 AM
    Would streaming of files would also be available in next version i did used the app on my friends tablet and looks good and played all movies with AC3 audio before i make a purchase wanted to know whether LAN support is coming or not i can get DLNA working on my NAS but i want to avoid it and want to run on pure LAN.

Also is there a battery hog when playing movies which has AC3 audio ?
    I've not had any battery issues with ac3 files in fact playbook watching movies outlasts my ipad 2 easily!

Regards

Damian
    12-11-12 08:58 AM
    Progressive download option is buffering the content on the device while streaming it, so you need free space on the device. If you are getting this warning, you need to either disable progressive download or free up some space on the Playbook.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    i'd 10 GB of free space and file size was 700MB. not sure how itcan use whole space.

12-11-12 12:17 PM
    It is not true that it is the only application. Many apps have been doing this. This is called dynamic licensing in RIM's terms and it is one of the recommended licensing methods. We use it to protect our application against piracy and protect your rights who have purchased the application.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    If a person already purchased an app why continue to monitor them in case of piracy? This denotes a degree of mistrust of your customers. Plus, with enough apps doing this may tie up bandwidth we have to pay for. All copy protection schemes are easily defeated. I.e. Windows xp, Vista, 7, and now 8.
    12-11-12 01:39 PM
    If a person already purchased an app why continue to monitor them in case of piracy? This denotes a degree of mistrust of your customers. Plus, with enough apps doing this may tie up bandwidth we have to pay for. All copy protection schemes are easily defeated. I.e. Windows xp, Vista, 7, and now 8.
    You misunderstood dynamic licensing perhaps. This is how it works. You buy the application, a license is issued specific to your device (based on your device id provided that you give the application permission to read it). The term dynamic comes from this. That is, the license is generated on the fly. After that point, you are all set. If you would like to confirm that a licensed app is not using any bandwidth, you can run the application even with wifi turned off.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-11-12 01:50 PM
    Any idea when the latest version you submitted with dlna will be in appworld ?

Regards

Damian
    12-11-12 11:52 PM
    Appworld says version 2.2 (21MB) is available to upgrade now from 2.1.1, but when I try to upgrade it fails quickly with "Install error:[0003-0005] There was a problem during installation. Please try again"

Is the upgrade working for anyone else?

UPDATE: Fixed by deleting my saved WiFi Networks and then setting them up again. The Kalemsoft Media Player upgrade now works.
    12-12-12 01:10 AM
    Downloaded the latest update, I tried using foobar2000 player's UPNP, it can be found in the server list but I can't find my songs inside, I don't know anything about UPNP.

There are 3 folders when I click into foobar2000's server:
    Media Library, Playback Stream Capture and Playlists.

But entering any of the folder will give me infinite loops of the same folders.
    12-12-12 01:41 AM
    Dumb question , have a NAS which has Samba running would the new version allow to stream from it ?

Its a headless linux device i can install MiniDLNA not sure how DLNA works wifi on then what how does it discovers DLNA ?
    12-12-12 05:18 AM
1,236 ... 1213141516 ...