after loading them and start the app,it crashes and shuts down.The srt is CP1251 format however if i choose any other format,it still crashes.If i do not load them,video and audio play ok
    12-01-12 07:08 PM
    I've played xvids with 5.1 ac3 fine, suggest you log a support ticket and upload a sample to them, sound definitely works on this file on pc I take it?
    Yes, I've tried many different AC3 videos from various sources - all have no audio but do have video (on both playbooks). They all work just fine on the PC. Have sent them one of the files - no answer yet. Very frustrating as I'm sick in bed, and just wanted to watch some documentaries. Figured I'd buy this app instead of going through all the bother of converting. Strange how I get the same behaviour on both playbooks.
    12-02-12 11:31 AM
    Yes, I've tried many different AC3 videos from various sources - all have no audio but do have video (on both playbooks). They all work just fine on the PC. Have sent them one of the files - no answer yet. Very frustrating as I'm sick in bed, and just wanted to watch some documentaries. Figured I'd buy this app instead of going through all the bother of converting. Strange how I get the same behaviour on both playbooks.
    I wonder if MediaInfo or Gspot would have more specific info on the audio aspect that would allow you to figure out what's different about those files?

This would be a question for Kalem - Could it need more memory (either cpu-ram or storage space) to do the conversion or whatever it does to unencode the ac3 audio track?

edited to add: any of these files "available" for download from a site so others could test them?
    12-02-12 01:02 PM
    FYI, we checked the file you uploaded and it plays fine with sound. What OS version do you have on your Playbook and what is the version of KalemSoft Media Player you are running? Also, please try restarting your device, may be it is in bad state. By the way, we meant the mute button within the application at the very right on the player bar. Hope that is what you meant as well when you said you were sure it wasn't pressed.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-02-12 02:05 PM
    FYI, we checked the file you uploaded and it plays fine with sound. What OS version do you have on your Playbook and what is the version of KalemSoft Media Player you are running?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    OS 2.0.1.358 and KSMedia Player 2.1.1

Do you have an earlier version of KS MP I could try? I'm not into streaming, just want AC3 codecs and subtitles.
    Last edited by TOphotog; 12-02-12 at 02:20 PM.
    12-02-12 02:10 PM
    Do you mind upgrading the OS to 2.1.0.1088 on one of the Playbooks at least? We cannot guarantee that it will solve the issue because we do not understand what the issue is, but it is at least one difference between you and us and probably others as well. However, before doing that please try restarting your device as suggested and confirm that you meant the same Mute button we meant.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-02-12 02:20 PM
    I have restarted both PB's and yes, the Mute button IN the software was not pressed. I proved this by going back and successfully playing other videos with sound, and then returning to the problematic videos.

I don't want to upgrade because I've heard so many horror stories of people losing all their syncing with Googlemail, Googlecontacts, etc and I use both playbooks for business, so this is crucial for me.

Your webpage says that version 2.0.0.0 is the minimum required.
    12-02-12 02:24 PM

Do you have an earlier version of KS MP I could try? I'm not into streaming, just want AC3 codecs and subtitles.
    When KalemSoft Media Player was released the first time, the OS version was already beyond what you have currently. Besides, we cannot send files outside the App World. You really need to upgrade the OS to get most out of your Playbook not only in terms of our player but for other things as well, unless something else is preventing you from doing this. For instance, there were improvements to the hardware video codecs in recent OS releases by RIM.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-02-12 02:30 PM
    But if your webpage advertises that it only needs 2.0.0 or higher, I would have assumed you tested your software on all versions which RIM has released to ensure it plays. Otherwise, that needs to be amended. I checked the requirements before buying the app to ensure I wouldn't have any problems.
    12-02-12 02:38 PM
    But if your webpage advertises that it only needs 2.0.0 or higher, I would have assumed you tested your software on all versions which RIM has released to ensure it plays. Otherwise, that needs to be amended. I checked the requirements before buying the app to ensure I wouldn't have any problems.
    Are you referring to App World page as our website, because we are not aware we mention minimum required version anywhere at our website. If it is mentioned somewhere at our website, we can correct it immediately. Having said that, again, there is nothing preventing it from running on 2.0.0. That's the only difference we can think of and mentioned that as a suggestion.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-02-12 02:58 PM
    I just downloaded and installed a free trial app called QMPlayer and it plays those AC3 files successfully with sound, therefore it's not my OS that's a problem.

Yes, on your app page at AppWorld, it says Required Device Software Tablet: 2.0.0 or higher.
    12-02-12 03:02 PM
    I just downloaded and installed a free trial app called QMPlayer and it plays those AC3 files successfully with sound, therefore it's not my OS that's a problem.

Yes, on your app page at AppWorld, it says Required Device Software Tablet: 2.0.0 or higher.
    So, there you go. It is not the OS, it plays fine on our device and others are reporting the same as us. So, not sure what is going on. Not that we are not willing to solve this issue for you because every single request matters and we are trying to address them all. The only thing we can think of is this might have something to do with hardware codecs on your devices. Although it is unlikely, it may be a firmware issue. We believe other players use software decoder more heavily and you can verify that by comparing the performance of HD videos. Our player uses hardware codecs for performance and better battery life. So what we will do is, in the next version planned for submission to App World next week, we will add a small piece of code to make software decoding optional or at least provide a way to automatically switch to software decoding if needed.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-02-12 03:36 PM
    after loading them and start the app,it crashes and shuts down.The srt is CP1251 format however if i choose any other format,it still crashes.If i do not load them,video and audio play ok
    Could you please contact us via our support system (KalemSoft Support System) to provide the SRT file via email? We will send you the details on reply.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-02-12 03:52 PM
    So, there you go. It is not the OS, it plays fine on our device and others are reporting the same as us. So, not sure what is going on. Not that we are not willing to solve this issue for you because every single request matters and we are trying to address them all. The only thing we can think of is this might have something to do with hardware codecs on your devices. Although it is unlikely, it may be a firmware issue. We believe other players use software decoder more heavily and you can verify that by comparing the performance of HD videos. Our player uses hardware codecs for performance and better battery life. So what we will do is, in the next version planned for submission to App World next week, we will add a small piece of code to make software decoding optional or at least provide a way to automatically switch to software decoding if needed.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Sounds like a great idea to have software decode option, for the user with the issue when qmplayer expires if kalemsoft won't play this for you - then you could try watchmore I purchased this before kalemsoft media player was available and it will using playbook only convert the audio and transcode the video into a new file you can play in native player - I haven't used it for some time.

Regards

Damian
    12-02-12 04:01 PM
    .... So what we will do is, in the next version planned for submission to App World next week, we will add a small piece of code to make software decoding optional or at least provide a way to automatically switch to software decoding if needed.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I'll wait for the upgrade to see if that fixes the problem here, and I'll report back.
    12-02-12 04:40 PM
    TOphotog, I'm more than willing to test a sample for you, if you want to. Then you know for sure if it's the OS version that's causing the problem.
    12-03-12 06:05 AM
    TOphotog, I'm more than willing to test a sample for you, if you want to. Then you know for sure if it's the OS version that's causing the problem.
    TOphotog and I exchanged private messages. I got the problematic video and if does work on my CURRENT OS 2..... with the audio track working.

As I wrote to him, there have been complaints about the current OS causing problems with videos that worked on the prior OS in the normal video player. In other words, videos that played without problems in the native video player under the former OS (numbers of all of these escape me), now would not play. I don't know for sure, but it sounds as if Rim tweaked/changed something in their video handling in the newest OS 2 and maybe that explains this issue with Kalemsoft. But, clearly, I have no idea if this is in any way related.

I sympathize with TOphotog. I have found the newest OS does seem to have caused some glitches in how some of my sideloaded Android apps work or maybe just how the overall Android player works. I, too, delayed upgrading the OS due to comments. But I did and clearly, it seems to have worked for Kalemsoft. So, the OS upgrade is a tradeoff!

And THESE are solely MY observations and may differ from other peoples' views.
    12-03-12 10:10 AM
    Thanks for sharing that. It's really unfortunate that RIM does not publish a detailed changelog for all their updates and that we have to find out these things by word of mouth.
    12-03-12 12:13 PM
    I'm really enjoying the swipe features in QMPlayer! If they're not copyrighted, any chance of including these with your next update of Kalemsoft MediaPlayer? They're such a pleasure to use.
    12-04-12 12:32 PM
    I have a feature request, please make the pause button (middle of volume buttons) work like it does in native player so I can pause content without onscreen controls :-)

Regards

Damian
    12-04-12 01:13 PM
    I have a feature request, please make the pause button (middle of volume buttons) work like it does in native player so I can pause content without onscreen controls :-)

Regards

Damian
    I would love this too! Perhaps make the pause button user defined?
    12-04-12 01:34 PM
    I'm really enjoying the swipe features in QMPlayer! If they're not copyrighted, any chance of including these with your next update of Kalemsoft MediaPlayer? They're such a pleasure to use.
    Not sure what you mean by swipe features. Could you please explain?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-04-12 03:21 PM
    great app, adds value to playbook.
    i've been using it for a few weeks now and have a remark:
    when playing low resolution video scaling is not optimal. Could you provide
    an additional display mode with no scaling at all showing the video at the original resolution?

keep up the good work!
    12-05-12 01:21 PM
    New version has been submitted. We are planning to prepare a list of UPNP/DLNA servers that are known to work for reference. We would be grateful if you could report back which server is supported which is not once the new version is published. Our current list of successfully tested servers is as follows:

Windows Media
    Twonky
    MediaTomb
    Tversity

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Wolfgan and tryfe like this.
    12-05-12 01:36 PM
    I finally bought your app. downloading as we speak. it was your continued presence and support in the forums that made me want to purchase your app. can't wait to post my feedback. thank you for providing a great example of developer support
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-05-12 02:19 PM
1,236 ... 1112131415 ...