Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kalemsoft View Post
    Did you give the app permission to read the device id? This is required to obtain a license. Please check from Playbook security settings and verify that the app has proper permissions given. Then, run the app once with internet connection and it will fetch the license.
    Thanks so much, I feel real dumb!!! Gave the permissions and all is good now, can't believe I didn't think of this myself.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default KalemSoft Media Player for Playbook Released

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon1961 View Post
    I have a Humax Fox T2 (with disk attached) and a Humax Foxsat (both with modded Firmware) , how do you use the player to play recordings especially when the HD ones are encrypted ?
    You can't stream until kalemsoft bring in dlna (you may be able to get the pc app to do it if you enable samba on your fox t2 but would also need to have everything auto decrypting - unlike dlna).

I got the 64gb playbook cheap so I download them to playbook. I setup wifi sharing on the playbook use the automount package on the humax custom firmware to mount the wifi share - I can then copy files off the humax of any size to the playbook (using copy and paste on remote or webif).

I have tried without automounting for example using web browser on playbook and download them via webif but the playbook web browser has a bug - anything over 2gb gets truncated to 2gb - I'm wondering if its the same issue kalemsoft had to fix with playing back the files over 2gb as basically any app I've tried 'pulling' the files with does this - 'pushing' them which is what I do when I copy from pc to playbook or using the hunmax to copy it to playbook gets the file across fine!

Its definitely a playbook issue as pc + ipad have no problem copying the files down via the same method.

If you want to discuss more see my thread on here or pm me,

Regards

Damian

BB Bold 9900 on 7.1.0.912 with BL Ultimate Hybrid RC14
    BB Bold 9320 on 7.1.0.907 with BL Ultimate Hybrid RC14
    Both on Virgin UK Network (Runs on Tmobile / Orange)

BB Bold 9810 on 7.1.0.861 with BL Ultimate Hybrid RC14
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you can provide some samples, we can take a look at this issue.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Perhaps in future version you could enable audio sync adjustments so if we have files where audio is out of sync we can tweak ? May not be issue with these but I've had some out of sync files that when I play back on xbmc I have to tweak :-)

Regards

Damian

CrackBerry User

Hello,

Just sent, reply to the support mail, the .srt file.

Did you manage to have a look ?

Could you please send us the srt file? You can use our support system for that.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jiatern View Post
    I tried some 720p RMVB files, mostly are chinese-subbed korean variety shows, but the audio is ahead of the video (the video slows down).
    To follow up, I tried some more RMVB files, not 720p. There were several that did not play this time. I can see it in the playlist and it shows a preview screenshot of the video. However, upon playing it goes to a black screen with no sound. Seems like a similar issue that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for the 40% off deal!

NEED PLAYBOOK REPAIR ADVICE?
    Feel free to contact me anytime via PM! I will do my best to help you!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by wowkilla View Post
    I've tried several different RMVB files. The recent HK dramas which are currently airing seem to work fine for me. I have not tried any 720p RMVB though. I only got the app yesterday so haven't encountered a problem with any so far.

P.S. You don't happen to be on RFD as well? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowkilla View Post
    To follow up, I tried some more RMVB files, not 720p. There were several that did not play this time. I can see it in the playlist and it shows a preview screenshot of the video. However, upon playing it goes to a black screen with no sound. Seems like a similar issue that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
    The RMVB files that you tried, were they all HK dramas? Because I don't wanna buy a "broken" app lol.

Yes I go on RFD
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'd like to request a feature for your excellent application: I have some audio books broken down into chapters, and also some lectures. It would be really useful to be able to resume the file that was last being played. At the moment I can only resume if I can remember which lecture I was listening to and then it can resume where I left off in that lecture.
    So an option to resume play at startup would be most useful.
    TIA
    CrackBerry Abuser

Not to knock Kalemsoft, I love the app! If you want to listen audio books, use Play - a - Book app. Works great.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have purchased this app and like to thank Kalemsoft for providing an excellent overall media player.

Questions though-

1) Any way for me to access media file under SD Card other than shared folder?

2) Any way for me to access the remote storage files without losing quality? (I see, low, mid, high but they appears to be distorted)

3) Any music (mp3) capabilities?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zup2sky View Post
    I have purchased this app and like to thank Kalemsoft for providing an excellent overall media player.

Questions though-

1) Any way for me to access media file under SD Card other than shared folder?

2) Any way for me to access the remote storage files without losing quality? (I see, low, mid, high but they appears to be distorted)

3) Any music (mp3) capabilities?

Thanks!
    Navigate to a folder with music and it will play it. I asked a question above: Tap the "Play Single" button a few times until it says ORDERED and it will play everything in that folder. I've used it for both local and remote music playing.
    Thanked by:
    zup2sky (11-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sling View Post
    Not to knock Kalemsoft, I love the app! If you want to listen audio books, use Play - a - Book app. Works great.
    Thanks for the info.
    Just had a look at Play-a-book and it does indeed look good.
    Pity it only reads mp3s and not the audio book formats but I can always convert.
    And why it can't cope with commas in the book names I cant imagine.
    But what it does it does well.
    CrackBerry User

Hello

Any feedback for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlos46 View Post
    Hello,

Just sent, reply to the support mail, the .srt file.

Did you manage to have a look ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #289  

Quote Originally Posted by pavlos46 View Post
    Hello

Any feedback for me.
    Hi, we checked the subtitles you provided. We can see the subtitles although not sure if they are displayed correctly since they are in Greek letters.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    I've got a lanyard of them for trading.

Question: What would cause mkv files ripped from dvd having no audio playback? The rips I made were using a program called MakeMKV. Let me know if you need any further details. The audio failed to play both from streaming and local storage.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

What kind of audio is it? MP3? AC-3? DTS? media info should be able to tell you. Perhaps only the video was ripped accidentally.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Any eta on the dlna enabled release ?

Regards

Damian

CrackBerry User

PIN
    I've got a lanyard of them for trading.

Video is in MPEG2 format at 6554Kbps, AC-3 Dolby Digital audio stream at 48KHz 192Kbps and two VobSub subtitle streams.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just purchased this for the sole purpose of watching AC3 coded video files without converting, as advertised on their website. Sorrowfully, no sound!!??? It will play subtitles, which is a bonus, but no AC3 sound. I've tried different AC3 files but no sound. Very disappointing.
    Yea, I'm addicted!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Upload a sample and your bug report will not only be much more constructive, others might even benefit from it and KalemSoft will fix the issue for you, they have done so in the past.

Btw, I haven't found a single video with AC3 sound in my collection that does not work, so perhaps you used a rather exotic encoding setting? What are the settings displayed by the app? A screenshot might tell us more.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #296  

Quote Originally Posted by TOphotog View Post
    I just purchased this for the sole purpose of watching AC3 coded video files without converting, as advertised on their website. Sorrowfully, no sound!!??? It will play subtitles, which is a bonus, but no AC3 sound. I've tried different AC3 files but no sound. Very disappointing.
    If it cannot decode audio, it won't play video either. Are you sure mute button is not pressed?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #297  

Quote Originally Posted by damianiw View Post
    Any eta on the dlna enabled release ?

Regards

Damian
    Will be submitted sometime next week.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thanked by 2:
    damianiw (12-01-2012),  Wolfgan (12-01-2012) 
    Wolfgan and damianiw like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Where do you obtain a 'bug report' in the program?

Here is a screenshot of one of the AC3 files which has no sound:
    original.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KalemSoft Media Player for Playbook Released-img_00000064.jpg  
    Last edited by TOphotog; 12-01-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    Yea, I'm addicted!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes, I'm positive that MUTE button is not pressed. Won't play on either of my Playbooks. I've moved volume up and down, I've inserted earplugs, played various other files with successful volume, etc. Has me perplexed.
    Yea, I'm addicted!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've played xvids with 5.1 ac3 fine, suggest you log a support ticket and upload a sample to them, sound definitely works on this file on pc I take it?
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast