Hello,
    Just purchased the application, great work by the way.

Quick question though do .srt work with mp4 files? Doesn't work for me.

Thanks
    11-23-12 06:45 AM
    bought it
    11-23-12 07:08 AM
    2. This Link contains the Video shot with my Sony Cybershot HX9v: https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/8ccMoQ...080763368320b5
    3. This link contains the Bird Test I've tried to play within the app: https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/4H1H96...18d61e5683124f

I hope to hear from you soon.
    Thanks for the links. We checked the content. The MTS video you uploaded is about 30 Mbps/sec and the Bird Test is even more. Not exactly sure due to lack of knowledge about the part numbers on the Playbook, but you may be approaching flash memory read speed limits for these two. Another test we did is we transcoded these videos to something the native player can play maintaining the bitrate and the stuttering was still observed. So, this is probably a hardware limitation. Besides that, these will occupy significant amount of storage space on the Playbook. It may be a better option to stream these than play locally.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    JunkieXP likes this.
    11-23-12 08:25 AM
    Hello,
    Just purchased the application, great work by the way.

Quick question though do .srt work with mp4 files? Doesn't work for me.

Thanks
    It should work if the srt file is external. Make sure the format is UTF-8 or ANSI. You can use Notepad on Windows to convert them if not.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-23-12 08:27 AM
    I have noticed lately that after the last few updates, I am getting SERIOUS lagging and stalling...I didn't have that earlier on, and I'm wondering if
    anyone else is experiencing this...I have reset everything, checked my router, etc....
    Stall during streaming? We didn't change anything with regard to streaming.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-23-12 08:32 AM
    Thanks for the links. We checked the content. The MTS video you uploaded is about 30 Mbps/sec and the Bird Test is even more. Not exactly sure due to lack of knowledge about the part numbers on the Playbook, but you may be approaching flash memory read speed limits for these two. Another test we did is we transcoded these videos to something the native player can play maintaining the bitrate and the stuttering was still observed. So, this is probably a hardware limitation. Besides that, these will occupy significant amount of storage space on the Playbook. It may be a better option to stream these than play locally.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    That's to bad, but one can't simply have everything, still have a Dedicated MediaPlayer for the Heavy Goods =).
    11-23-12 10:03 AM
    <It should work if the srt file is external. Make sure the format is UTF-8 or ANSI. You can use Notepad on Windows to convert them if not.

Regards,
    KalemSoft>

Hello, thanks for the fast response.

The srt file is external and tried both ansi and utf-8 formats with no success.
    I am not sure if it matters but the subs don't also appear when playing the video on pc through the windows media player, the play just fine using jetaudio.

Hope this last bit helps.

Thanks Pavlos
    11-23-12 10:30 AM
    <It should work if the srt file is external. Make sure the format is UTF-8 or ANSI. You can use Notepad on Windows to convert them if not.

Regards,
    KalemSoft>

Hello, thanks for the fast response.

The srt file is external and tried both ansi and utf-8 formats with no success.
    I am not sure if it matters but the subs don't also appear when playing the video on pc through the windows media player, the play just fine using jetaudio.

Hope this last bit helps.

Thanks Pavlos
    Could you please send us the srt file? You can use our support system for that.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-23-12 10:57 AM
    I've read the thread as it evolved but have not revisited all of the postings.

When playing music, can I play an entire Folder or "album"? I've navigated to a folder but I seem to be only able to select one song at a time. This is spontaneous and I've not tried creating a playlist or favorites. Just casual navigating and "oh, I'd like to play that entire folder of music."
    11-23-12 11:26 AM
    just bought it. liked the app so far.

couple of things
    is it possible to supply the srt file from pb instead of having it on pc?

also, can all the videos from the window drive are filtered and displayed instead of going through multiple folders? probably make it optional as some ppl like to see the original folder structure.

please make the interface bit lighter in color. too dark right now. may be allow to set a thwme color.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-23-12 12:00 PM
    I've read the thread as it evolved but have not revisited all of the postings.

When playing music, can I play an entire Folder or "album"? I've navigated to a folder but I seem to be only able to select one song at a time. This is spontaneous and I've not tried creating a playlist or favorites. Just casual navigating and "oh, I'd like to play that entire folder of music."
    There is a little button on the player bar that says "Play Single". If you click that you can toggle between Shuffle and back to back playback in order.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-23-12 02:40 PM
    just bought it. liked the app so far.

couple of things
    is it possible to supply the srt file from pb instead of having it on pc?

also, can all the videos from the window drive are filtered and displayed instead of going through multiple folders? probably make it optional as some ppl like to see the original folder structure.

please make the interface bit lighter in color. too dark right now. may be allow to set a thwme color.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Remote streaming reads subtitles from remote PC and local playback from the device. You can view original folder structure only. We will consider an indexing feature for local playback. This will come with DLNA support already (for remote streaming).

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-23-12 02:42 PM
    Stall during streaming? We didn't change anything with regard to streaming.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    It's strange...for a while, I thought it was my router, but after trying several things, I can't pin it down. It doesn't stall throughout the
    whole movie, but it will have "fits', where the movie will be unwatchable for 5 or 10 minutes, and then it will play flawlessly for long
    patches.

I'll keep playing with it, and post here if I get figured out, in case somepone else has the same issue. Thanks....it really is a great app!
    11-23-12 03:36 PM
    I've had more time to play with the app and I'm really enjoying it. The resume feature is great.

I did notice one strange thing. I often use a Dell bluetooth travel mouse with the Playbook and I find I can't drag the slider/progress bar with it. I can click all the buttons fine -like play, skip, etc. - but when I click the progress bar and try to drag it, it doesn't move.

Is it just me or is this how the app responds to click and drag?

Thanks
    11-23-12 03:54 PM
    There is a little button on the player bar that says "Play Single". If you click that you can toggle between Shuffle and back to back playback in order.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Precisely what I was looking for.

Is this covered in the Help? I looked but did not find it which only means I might not have known what to search for.

Thanks.
    11-23-12 04:33 PM
    I have just downloaded kalemsoft media player for the blackberry PlayBook. However when I try to open Local Media I get the error message destination file /folder can not be opened. I have tried rebooting the PlayBook but it's still the same.
    11-23-12 06:07 PM
    Has anyone verified that RMVB works and the problem has been fixed? It'd be great if there is a trial version... I'm going through this thread right now, but so far, haven't found anything related to my question. Don't really want to spend $4 on a app that can't play RMVB, as all my HK dramas are RMVB only and that is what I watch on the go.
    11-23-12 08:56 PM
    Has anyone verified that RMVB works and the problem has been fixed? It'd be great if there is a trial version... I'm going through this thread right now, but so far, haven't found anything related to my question. Don't really want to spend $4 on a app that can't play RMVB, as all my HK dramas are RMVB only and that is what I watch on the go.
    I've tried several different RMVB files. The recent HK dramas which are currently airing seem to work fine for me. I have not tried any 720p RMVB though. I only got the app yesterday so haven't encountered a problem with any so far.

P.S. You don't happen to be on RFD as well? Just curious.
    11-23-12 10:57 PM
    Decided to give the player a go now it's a more reasonable �4 , loaded it onto my 64GB Playbook , then loaded the streamer onto my Laptop and Main Computer (Both Windows 8 64) , works perfectly on the Laptop but i can't get it to work on the main one . Tried uninstalling / reinstalling but it doesn't remove the original settings and just reloads with the old one's , how can i do a full clean install of the media streamer ?
    Also does this work with the UK's TV system DVB T/T2? I have a Blackgold card installed and it doesn't seem to , i know it says the Country code for the US is 1 but can't find references for any other Countries ?
    Cheers
    11-24-12 06:57 AM
    Decided to give the player a go now it's a more reasonable �4 , loaded it onto my 64GB Playbook , then loaded the streamer onto my Laptop and Main Computer (Both Windows 8 64) , works perfectly on the Laptop but i can't get it to work on the main one . Tried uninstalling / reinstalling but it doesn't remove the original settings and just reloads with the old one's , how can i do a full clean install of the media streamer ?
    Also does this work with the UK's TV system DVB T/T2? I have a Blackgold card installed and it doesn't seem to , i know it says the Country code for the US is 1 but can't find references for any other Countries ?
    Cheers
    Hi I don't stream from uk tv but I do have a humax hdr fox t 2 which records the freeview streams, and the app plays back both sd and hd content although doesn't support the subtitles yet (submitted files to kalemsoft so maybe in a future release!)

Kalemsoft - can you tell us when the dlna enabled update is submitted to appworld :-)

Regards

Damian
    11-24-12 07:27 AM
    Hi. KalemSoft. I found deleting a bookmark in the favorite page and deleting an actual file stored on the platbook gives the exact same "Are you sure you would like to delete this item?" diagloue box. Any chance you could make some distinction in the diagloue box so that we would not accidently deleted the actual video file when we only want to delete the bookmark? Thanks.
    11-24-12 09:15 AM
    Hi I don't stream from uk tv but I do have a humax hdr fox t 2 which records the freeview streams, and the app plays back both sd and hd content although doesn't support the subtitles yet
    I have a Humax Fox T2 (with disk attached) and a Humax Foxsat (both with modded Firmware) , how do you use the player to play recordings especially when the HD ones are encrypted ?
    11-24-12 09:24 AM
    I don't think you can yet. You need to use DNLA.

But HD over the WiFi might be a bit choppy even then.
    11-24-12 11:06 AM
    I've tried several different RMVB files. The recent HK dramas which are currently airing seem to work fine for me. I have not tried any 720p RMVB though. I only got the app yesterday so haven't encountered a problem with any so far.

P.S. You don't happen to be on RFD as well? Just curious.
    I tried some 720p RMVB files, mostly are chinese-subbed korean variety shows, but the audio is ahead of the video (the video slows down).
    11-24-12 11:07 AM
    I tried some 720p RMVB files, mostly are chinese-subbed korean variety shows, but the audio is ahead of the video (the video slows down).
    If you can provide some samples, we can take a look at this issue.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-24-12 11:42 AM
1,236 ... 910111213 ...