rik should feature your app on front page
    We are still new to CrackBerry, so not sure how exactly the process works. We sent a request to the editor but no reply yet.
    Hopefully, someone from the site admins will notice it soon. Of course it is up to them to feature it or not. However, we don't think many people realize that they could do personal media streaming and live streaming in addition to local media playback with this application and in more formats than its alternatives. And now with the DLNA support coming, we believe it will be a unique offering. We are also always open to suggestions for new features.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Last edited by kalemsoft; 11-21-12 at 05:46 AM.
    tryfe likes this.
    11-21-12 05:21 AM
    We are still new to CrackBerry, so not sure how exactly the process works. We sent a request to the editor but no reply yet.
    Hopefully, someone from the site admins will notice it soon. Of course it is up to them to feature it or not. However, we don't think many people realize that they could do personal media streaming and live streaming in addition to local media playback with this application and in more formats than its alternatives. And now with the DLNA support coming, we believe it will be a unique offering. We are also always open to suggestions for new features.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    hey what I meant is the playbook app world. I just left 5 star rating for your app. this is the best video player for pb. it will make many more people happy

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-21-12 05:41 AM
    hey what I meant is the playbook app world. I just left 5 star rating for your app. this is the best video player for pb. it will make many more people happy

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    That is probably based on vendor requests. We need to investigate that. Thank you for your support though.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-21-12 05:49 AM
    Purchase made. I've been considering it for a while, the sale made my decision for me.
    11-21-12 07:41 AM
    Can anyone tell me if this app can play 1080p ts or tp or m2ts files smoothly? I have many 1080p ts and tp files (mainly korean artists live performances ripped from HDTV) and mostly with AC3 audio too.

If can play ts/tp then I'll buy it
    Is it possible for you to upload a Sample? I will test this on my 64GB Playbook for you =). I will check this forum again, you also might give me a heads up trough DM =).
    11-21-12 08:43 AM
    I am totally impressed with this media player. Remote media work very well.It took me sometime few minutes to configure router but now i can watch my movies over the internet ! quality is actually really good too. I will try it in the office today and see how it works outside of the house. Live streaming is excellent too. So far i only have problem with one movie which is recognized by the app but it does not want to play. Keep up good work. This is totally recommended stuff. buy it.
    11-21-12 08:56 AM
    Hi all,

Not sure if you noticed, but the player is now on sale with 40% discount for $3.99 through Thanksgiving.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I just bought it(I don't watch movie on PB though, its still good to have for some day), though I wonder what will happen when the price will revert and an update releases.
    11-21-12 09:15 AM
    Just purchased, great work. Can finally play my HD .mkv files. Thanks for the great app
    11-21-12 09:49 AM
    Just purchased app. I have a WD My Book Live and would like to access it via this app. Is that possible? Does it require the streamer app be installed on my laptop? Will be laptop have to be on all the time in order to access my My Book Live?

Thanks
    11-21-12 10:20 AM
    Just purchased app. I have a WD My Book Live and would like to access it via this app. Is that possible? Does it require the streamer app be installed on my laptop? Will be laptop have to be on all the time in order to access my My Book Live?

Thanks
    You need the streamer app currently. However, with the next version, you won't need it. You will be able to stream directly from WD My Book Live.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    kyleheney likes this.
    11-21-12 11:15 AM
    Hi, we have 4 playbooks in our house and we wouldn't mind buying this app if it was cheaper (say, $4 for 2 licenses, i.e. $2 each pb). Otherwise, it would be hard to justify paying this over the built-in player. Any chance you'll have it on sale this weekend?
    11-21-12 01:01 PM
    You need the streamer app currently. However, with the next version, you won't need it. You will be able to stream directly from WD My Book Live.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Any idea when this next version is set to be released? I have no use for the streamer and won't download it if I know the updated releasing is coming shortly. Much appreciated.
    11-21-12 02:17 PM
    Hi, we have 4 playbooks in our house and we wouldn't mind buying this app if it was cheaper (say, $4 for 2 licenses, i.e. $2 each pb). Otherwise, it would be hard to justify paying this over the built-in player. Any chance you'll have it on sale this weekend?
    FYI it is currently on sale at 40% off. Don't think the developer will be slashing the price any more than it already is.
    11-21-12 02:18 PM
    It's currently $4 and if you use the same BB ID on multiple PBs I think you can download it on all of them with one purchase, although I'm not sure how many PBs can be on one account.
    11-21-12 06:14 PM
    1st time user trying to play local media and getting message:
    "The destination file/folder could not be opened . Please make sure the file/folder has read permissions turned on and try again. sometimes a device restart may fix the problem"
    Have followed recommendations with no success, anyone with some clues

Tnx in advance

Update: Solved by updating security settings to allow file access
    Last edited by MTR123; 11-21-12 at 09:21 PM.
    11-21-12 08:05 PM
    one small suggestion, can you change the app icon to something more media player oriented? the current one does not really convey what the application is meant for.
    11-21-12 10:14 PM
    Does KalemSoft Media Player utilise hardware acceleration on the PlayBook, or is it all done entirely in software - for that matter, is the PlayBook's native video player using hardware acceleration, or is that just done in software, too?
    11-22-12 03:51 AM
    Just purchased too - looking forward to see what this can do.

Scanned some of the thread, need to go find out how to stream stuff from other local devices now, does this do NAS devices at the mo?
    11-22-12 04:23 AM
    Does KalemSoft Media Player utilise hardware acceleration on the PlayBook, or is it all done entirely in software - for that matter, is the PlayBook's native video player using hardware acceleration, or is that just done in software, too?
    Yes, KalemSoft Media Player uses hardware acceleration.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-22-12 07:46 AM
    Any toughts yet on the following subjects:

1. *.mts support, without the need to change the extention from *.mts to *.mkv
    2. Reducing the stuthering from Vids shot with a Sony Camcorders
    3. Ran the Bird Test (92MB) yourselfs and optimize your app for this kinda Heavy Content?
    11-22-12 08:16 AM
    Bought the app yesterday and it looks good! Can't wait to take it for a longer test drive.

One request, could you make the seek forward and seek back times independent? I would love to have a 30 second skip forward and a 7 second skip back.
    11-22-12 09:04 AM
    Any toughts yet on the following subjects:

1. *.mts support, without the need to change the extention from *.mts to *.mkv
    2. Reducing the stuthering from Vids shot with a Sony Camcorders
    3. Ran the Bird Test (92MB) yourselfs and optimize your app for this kinda Heavy Content?
    We added mts extension for the next version. Actually, m2ts which is the same file format is already in the list of filters.
    We need sample content for 2. You can contact us for an ftp site information.
    Can you please provide a link to this Bird Test video?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-22-12 09:58 AM
    Bought the app yesterday and it looks good! Can't wait to take it for a longer test drive.

One request, could you make the seek forward and seek back times independent? I would love to have a 30 second skip forward and a 7 second skip back.
    Added to our todo list...

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    raster_71 likes this.
    11-22-12 10:00 AM
    We added mts extension for the next version. Actually, m2ts which is the same file format is already in the list of filters.
    We need sample content for 2. You can contact us for an ftp site information.
    Can you please provide a link to this Bird Test video?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    2. This Link contains the Video shot with my Sony Cybershot HX9v: https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/8ccMoQ...080763368320b5
    3. This link contains the Bird Test I've tried to play within the app: https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/4H1H96...18d61e5683124f

I hope to hear from you soon.
    11-22-12 03:06 PM
    I have noticed lately that after the last few updates, I am getting SERIOUS lagging and stalling...I didn't have that earlier on, and I'm wondering if
    anyone else is experiencing this...I have reset everything, checked my router, etc....
    11-23-12 04:31 AM
1,236 ... 89101112 ...