New version has been submitted. We are planning to prepare a list of UPNP/DLNA servers that are known to work for reference. We would be grateful if you could report back which server is supported which is not once the new version is published. Our current list of successfully tested servers is as follows:

Windows Media
    Twonky
    MediaTomb
    Tversity

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thanks a lot for the update and the excellent service in this thread!
    I have a question that is not related to your app - do you recommend any one of these servers over the others? I'm especially interested in streaming unprotected DVDs from my harddisk.
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 06:11 AM
    Excellent release Kalemsoft, DLNA is a extremelly nice feature. Adding it to the PlayBook raises its value a lot. I won't stop recommending your product! :-)
    Some questions thou:

* I'm using PMS (ps3mediaserver.org) as DLNA server, and this player is detected as a Nokia 900 (your user agent exports the user agent "GUPnP/0.19.1 DLNADOC/1.50" which is rather generic). Could you please add a unique identifier to the string (ie "Kalemsoft") so it's better identified?
    * Also, to optimize DLNA media server operation and media quality, the best strategy is to avoid transcoding at all costs, and just serve the file instead if natively supported. Could you please post which containers, video and audio codecs the player support in excess of media natively supported by PlayBook? (BlackBerry - Supported Media - Manuals and Guides)

Obvoiusly, I'll share the PMS conf profile once optimized. Thanks again! Wolf
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 06:46 AM
    Does it works with MiniDLNA ?
    12-12-12 08:49 AM
    To the guys at KalemSoft..........

Well Done!

At last I finally have simple easy connectivity and streaming of video from my QNAP Nas box!

I never thought it would happen but you've done it. Award yourselves Playbook App of the Year from me!
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 09:27 AM
    Just a quick appworld note. When I tried downloading it, I got a error message. I then deleted the app and went to REinstall but appworld wanted to bill me again. So I went to the UNinstalled list - it was not there nor was it in INstalled. Refreshed and it was still missing closed appworld twice and then it was there for a REinstall. Sometimes appworld can make me crazy!
    12-12-12 09:52 AM
    Just purchased it and it's awesomeyou guys did something which blackberry couldn't do it works with minidlna.

Some thoughts on polishing the app
    1. The sort by date size does not work for folders works only on files in upnp which needs to be fixed.
    2. The fast forward button needs to be there I can drag it but a button would be welcomed also the drag to move fwd needs to be position based I.e wherever the finger is pressed in that line bar it should take me to that position (its a common functionality in Android players)
    3. Revamp the UI make it more friendly make it more like explorer basis than a media player since the basic reason is find the movie and play it so half time is not spent in browsing give user option whether it should show the mediainfo details or not and you can expand the folder list to show entire set frankly speaking till the time player plays the movie anyone would hardly be interested in knowing it.
    4. Incase of dual audio track provide more info on audio tracks I.e which language is which track I guess you would already getting that info but not showing to user.
    5. If possible try to put audio track switch subtitles on off while video is played instead of going back and selecting again
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 12:10 PM
    Just purchased it and it's awesomeyou guys did something which blackberry couldn't do it works with minidlna.

Some thoughts on polishing the app
    1. The sort by date size does not work for folders works only on files in upnp which needs to be fixed.
    2. The fast forward button needs to be there I can drag it but a button would be welcomed also the drag to move fwd needs to be position based I.e wherever the finger is pressed in that line bar it should take me to that position (its a common functionality in Android players)
    3. Revamp the UI make it more friendly make it more like explorer basis than a media player since the basic reason is find the movie and play it so half time is not spent in browsing give user option whether it should show the mediainfo details or not and you can expand the folder list to show entire set frankly speaking till the time player plays the movie anyone would hardly be interested in knowing it.
    4. Incase of dual audio track provide more info on audio tracks I.e which language is which track I guess you would already getting that info but not showing to user.
    5. If possible try to put audio track switch subtitles on off while video is played instead of going back and selecting again
    I second all the thoughts listed here except #3... I love this player because it shows all the details of each video you select unlike the dumbed down garbage you see on Apple devices where you get nothing except the title, track and album cover. I want to know details and it's a shame we see less and less of this these days... stop hiding !@#$!
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 12:28 PM
    Just to report it works perfectly with my humax hdr fox t 2 via DLNA !! Thank you! Sd and hd work perfectly and fastforward works / skip which some devices struggle with

hope you can support the freeview dvb subtitles in future (logged a ticket with samples)

Also could you enable option to download the file to playbook (aceplayer for example on ipad has download icon for each remote file)

This is fantastic and makes my playbook much better than the ipad as so far I cannot play hdtv dvb streams from my humax on the ipad, your player just ate it up!

Regards

Damian
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 12:30 PM
    Just give a option to show details of file in option
    12-12-12 12:39 PM
    You guys rock. Just to confirm that I can connect to my dlink nas without any problems and play videos off it.
    PlayBook has come of age with your software. It has given me the one feature I have been dying to have.
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 03:59 PM
    Cool...
    Even works with a low-cost NAS (Medion) sold by a German discounter (Aldi)
    Keep up this fantastic work
    kalemsoft likes this.
    12-12-12 04:14 PM
    I receive an error message when I try to upgrade. Anyone else having this problem?
    12-12-12 05:09 PM
    I receive an error message when I try to upgrade. Anyone else having this problem?
    See message 355, just up the page. I had error, finally deleted it, a bit more problem and then found it for REinstall.
    12-12-12 05:13 PM
    My $.02.... I've been waiting for this functionality since the day I bought my PB (which was the first month it was available)... cannot thank KalemSoft enough. Got it streaming from my Qnap NAS in minutes. Huge!
    12-12-12 08:26 PM
    I was getting this error (There were problems completing this purchase. Please try again or visit BB-app support for more information. (error id:35005) while trying to upgrade. I searched around and found the answer to my problem was clicking "Refresh List" in My World. The upgrade worked fine for me after refreshing the list.
    12-12-12 10:25 PM
    I was getting this error (There were problems completing this purchase. Please try again or visit BB-app support for more information. (error id:35005) while trying to upgrade. I searched around and found the answer to my problem was clicking "Refresh List" in My World. The upgrade worked fine for me after refreshing the list.
    Handy to know - thanks, I've not had the issue but have been trying refresh daily until the update appeared.

Regards

Damian
    12-13-12 12:07 AM
    Hey I don't know if its the new update or just me but the app is closing at the end of each video. which can't be because I have a continuous playback option selected (order option selected, tried shuffle too, turned green). This didn't happen before the update so I'm just guessing it has something to do with it
    12-13-12 02:24 AM
    Hey I don't know if its the new update or just me but the app is closing at the end of each video. which can't be because I have a continuous playback option selected (order option selected, tried shuffle too, turned green). This didn't happen before the update so I'm just guessing it has something to do with it
    Please launch each video in your playlist once from the files list first and see if it still crashes when you do ordered play among those videos again. You don't need to play them till the end, just a few seconds each, but launch them directly first. Let us know the results and we will look into that.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    12-13-12 07:02 AM
    I love the ability to select different times for the skip forward and skip back. Now I have my 7 second instant replay and a 30 second skip ahead!

Thanks for the great update!
    dimm0k likes this.
    12-13-12 09:54 AM
    Very nice update the support for DLNA/UPNP! I'm with XBCM and the playbook can see the server, but can't play any files.
    12-13-12 11:45 AM
    Please launch each video in your playlist once from the files list first and see if it still crashes when you do ordered play among those videos again. You don't need to play them till the end, just a few seconds each, but launch them directly first. Let us know the results and we will look into that.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    It srill crashes, at first I was playing from videos folder played all videos there and when trying to change to the next oje it also crashes. tried all 3 different continuous play options (shuffle, order, off) still crashes, also tried with some mp3 skipping worked once on mp3 but. when tried again it crashed again.

*edit: also already tried reinstalling, but I get the same results.
    Last edited by osbook; 12-13-12 at 04:03 PM.
    12-13-12 03:03 PM
    Is the interface is worked on? I have more than 500 files and folders and browsing them with dlna is a pain as the browse is too small and opening the list takes more than 30 seconds
    12-13-12 10:52 PM
    Just wanted say that Servioo works with the new update for DLNA. Servioo set the profile to generic DLNA, and so far it seems to be working fine
    12-14-12 12:02 AM
    Seeing some issues where KMP can't detect my DLNA server. Is there way to force connecting to the DLNA server? (ie IP/Port)
    Thx, Wolf
    12-14-12 05:56 AM
    Does any other device see your DLNA server?
    Do you have the correct port open in your firewall / router?
    12-15-12 12:39 PM
1,236 ... 1314151617 ...