Change log
    v2.1.0 - 11/01/2012
    ===================
    - Fixed 2GB file size limit
    - HDMI audio output support
    - ADPCM-MS audio codec (common video camera audio codec, e.g., Flip cameras)
    - Fixed video stutter, audio sync for natively unsupported audio codecs such as AC3, DTS
    - Fixed aspect ratio (e.g., crop being left-justified)
    - Fixed black screen during hiding player bar
    - Player bar does not show up automatically anymore while changing media
    providing seamless switch between videos in back to back playback mode
    11-01-12 09:17 PM
    Thanks for the updates, they have added a lot of value to this app. I'm also happy to hear you're looking at DLNA, would you be making the streamer app for PC a DLNA server or will the PlayBook app be able to scan DLNA servers?
    11-01-12 10:42 PM
    Any one having problems with the update? When I tried to update, App World made me enter the password for my BBID as if I was buying the app again, and then error came up. When I deleted the app and tried reinstalling, the "Purchase" button showed up.
    11-01-12 11:13 PM
    @kalemsoft fantastic work! Now I can play almost any file in my PlayBook! Just a few glitches here and there, especially with subtitles, but great improvement compared to the first version!

Thanks for bringing DTS and AC3 support!
    11-02-12 12:07 AM
    Do they really expect me to pay 6.99$ for an upgrade? After paying that the first time.
    11-02-12 06:38 AM
    Do they really expect me to pay 6.99$ for an upgrade? After paying that the first time.
    I didn't have to pay no upgrade fee. Something must be wrong with crApp World again.

sent on my #osbb 9930 via tapatalk
    11-02-12 06:41 AM
    Upgrades are free. Not sure what's wrong, but try restarting your device and if the problem persists, please contact RIM who is responsible for the App World.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-02-12 07:18 AM
    Thanks for the update! Playback is working a lot smoother now, and the audio is working through HDMI for the videos that weren't before! Very happy!

Another thing I noticed that would be great to improve on would be support for using the bridge remote or the mini keyboard. Clicking on visible elements work, but I'm not able to scroll through file lists unless I'm using touch gestures directly on the PlayBook's screen. I use KalemSoft Media player all the time when playing videos on my big screen through HDMI and use my Blackberry 8900 as a remote, and having to get up to browse my video files is kind of annoying.
    11-02-12 09:09 AM
    Can someone confirm if the update fixes the issue through hdmi where ac3 audio won't play through it (speakers only) but mp3 audio works fine? I've just got back from my hols & am currently just sorting out a wipe - but this was slightly annoying. Still usable & played all files I threw at it, but ac3 audio avi's only played audio through PB speakers.
    11-02-12 01:01 PM
    Very impressive, seeing as there is a hole that Plex will not attempt to plug on the Playbook / BB10 This has worked the best over all on all the media servers I have worked with, especially on the playbook.
    11-02-12 01:32 PM
    Great job supporting your app, thanks.
    11-02-12 02:13 PM
    Thanks for the update. My feedback:
    - I have a ts file which cannot be fast-forwarded, now works.
    - I have a 4gb mp4 with srt subtitle, when fast forwarded (seek) to other timing, the subtitle are not in sync.
    - One of my previously playable flv file (h.264, mp3) now stuck in first frame but sometimes when fast-forwarded can be played.

I hope you can enable deinterlacing of interlaced videos because they will show lines when not being deinterlaced. Well this is still the greatest video player in playbook and thanks for the dedication
    Last edited by jiatern; 11-03-12 at 08:52 AM.
    11-03-12 08:42 AM
    Thanks for the update. My feedback:
    - I have a ts file which cannot be fast-forwarded, now works.
    - I have a 4gb mp4 with srt subtitle, when fast forwarded (seek) to other timing, the subtitle are not in sync.
    - One of my previously playable flv file (h.264, mp3) now stuck in first frame but sometimes when fast-forwarded can be played.

I hope you can enable deinterlacing of interlaced videos because they will show lines when not being deinterlaced. Well this is still the greatest video player in playbook and thanks for the dedication
    +1 to the de-interlacing - my freeview recorded .ts files are also interlaced
    11-03-12 10:48 AM
    Hi,
    @greatwiseone - the same happened to me! It shows up the licence key there, but when tried to upgrade it asked for BBID it tried to make a purchase again.
    I didn't have money on the paypal account so it got canceled.
    11-05-12 01:01 PM
    I got a small update this morning. What's it about?
    11-05-12 01:36 PM
    I got a small update this morning. What's it about?
    The latest update fixes the media seek bug and the resulting subtitle synchronization issues.

Once again, the updates are free. If you are being asked for payment again as some of you reported, try restarting your device. If the problem persists, you need to contact RIM about it.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-05-12 04:19 PM
    Latest update sorts freezing in 1080p mkv with dts sound - wow this is a fantastic media player thanks!
    11-05-12 05:30 PM
    Excellent work @kalemsoft. Now if you could do something similar to presentation mode, your video app will actually surpass the PlayBook video stock player!
    11-05-12 09:06 PM
    I purchased this app last week and played with it and all was good. I have my PB connected to my TV and use my
    9900 as a remote for watching movies.

For a few days now, I have not been able to scroll through the media folders via bridge. I can do everything else...select movies,
    minimize the app....everything....all the usual gestures....BUT, when I try to scroll through the media folder, I can't. The app goes
    nuts!! I tried other apps, and the Remote Control function of Bridge works just fine...it's only with this app that I have lost the two-fingered
    scrolling function.

Anyone have the same problem?????

PS....the search function doesn't work....is this a glitch?
    Last edited by costas1966; 11-06-12 at 02:44 AM.
    11-06-12 02:15 AM
    I purchased this app last week and played with it and all was good. I have my PB connected to my TV and use my
    9900 as a remote for watching movies.

For a few days now, I have not been able to scroll through the media folders via bridge. I can do everything else...select movies,
    minimize the app....everything....all the usual gestures....BUT, when I try to scroll through the media folder, I can't. The app goes
    nuts!! I tried other apps, and the Remote Control function of Bridge works just fine...it's only with this app that I have lost the two-fingered
    scrolling function.

Anyone have the same problem?????

PS....the search function doesn't work....is this a glitch?
    Make sure you have 2.1.1 which hit app world this week, last weeks update had issues with search
    11-06-12 06:46 AM
    Finally AC3 playback....now I'm totally happy with my playbook.
    This app is worth the money and plays everything so far.
    11-06-12 10:31 AM
    Excellent work @kalemsoft. Now if you could do something similar to presentation mode, your video app will actually surpass the PlayBook video stock player!
    When HDMI is connected, the screen timer is enabled so the Playbook screen will be turned off eventually depending on standby time-out value in Playbook settings if that is what you meant by presentation mode.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    11-06-12 04:03 PM
    Make sure you have 2.1.1 which hit app world this week, last weeks update had issues with search
    I just checked, and yes, I am running 2.1.1. I could try to delete it and re-install, but I'm not sure if it's gonna help.
    11-06-12 04:54 PM
    This app is so good that I've removed all of the other apps I used for streaming my media like Orb, StreamingNow, and Emit in favor of yours.
    11-06-12 06:56 PM
    OK....I'm really happy with the overall performance of this app, BUT MY SCROLLING IS STILL NOT WORKING with my phone over Bridge. Search is not working either!

What I have already done....deleted and re-installed the app on my PB....also deleted and reinstalled Bridge on my 9900.....what is going on?????

HEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!
    11-06-12 09:46 PM
1,236 ... 56789 ...