I have run into a weird problem with my Kalem media player that i purchased recently. Been using this app for a month now to stream media content via Servio DLNA set up. It was all good until it gave up on me yesterday.

While it continues to play local media on the device flawlessly, on the other hand i am not able to stream media anymore. I click on DLNA/UPNP from the menu, go to the intended folder and click on the video as usual. The player opens up with "Opening media, please wait.." message and the screen gets frozen for a good 5 odd mins. At times it starts playing and stutters along for a minute or two before giving up, while most other times i am forced to shut down and restart the app, only to face the same issue all over again.

Could anyone help me please !!
    08-19-16 06:00 AM
    Contact the developer, no-one but the developer will be able to help you on third party App issues.

Or reboot the server
    sparky19 likes this.
    08-19-16 06:17 AM
    The computer that is running the Serviio software, you may want to reboot it and any network device it is serving media from.
    Also double check your router to see if the Serviio computer may have been reassigned another IP on your LAN, causing any firewall or DMZ exceptions to now be invalid.
    Also, if you have added any new media to the streaming folders, Serviio may be choking on those files pre-processing them for streaming format, especially if they happen to be encoded in newer or weird codexs.

Serviio is pretty good, but it does tend to self bloat sometimes.
    sparky19 likes this.
    08-19-16 06:24 AM
    Also double check your router to see if the Serviio computer may have been reassigned another IP on your LAN, causing any firewall or DMZ exceptions to now be invalid.
    This did the trick for me. The IP address had been reassigned (not sure how or why though). Now its working fine again

Thank you
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-19-16 06:55 AM
    This did the trick for me. The IP address had been reassigned (not sure how or why though). Now its working fine again

Thank you
    If your router supports it, you can assign the firewall exception or DMZ to the server computer via MAC address instead of IP to prevent that from happening.
    Reason being is even if the router switches the server's IP for whatever reason (power cycling/outage, devices desyncing during IP lease renewal, router firmware update, ect..), the exception via MAC address with then follow it. IP can change, but MAC address is keyed to the hardware so the exceptions then move to the new IP also.
    08-19-16 02:39 PM