*flame on*

I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here too. Am I missing something? What's all the hype and gloating been about?! It's a simple "touch and release" game, with mediocre graphics and a bunch of customisations. This game is just a reminder of why we preferred our consoles and PCs 5 years ago, and a reason to appreciate how far even the simplest games have come in the last 6 months.

*flame off*
    12-14-12 07:00 AM
    It's pretty much "buy my coins" game, nothing more
    12-14-12 07:10 AM
    I am disappointed by the loading speed... The Halfbrick splashscreen is just too long.
    12-14-12 07:54 AM
    I am disappointed by the loading speed... The Halfbrick splashscreen is just too long.
    yes it takes time to load up but then so what. this is not that you need to load it up every 5 minutes.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-14-12 08:09 AM
    Swipe read an email, swipe back and loaded.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-14-12 08:23 AM
    Here is my review for the game

12-14-12 11:02 AM
    You gotta fix your mic it's always super quiet.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-12 04:45 PM
    You gotta fix your mic it's always super quiet.
    Thanks, working on it.
    12-14-12 06:01 PM
    at least we know why its free. plus there isn't anymore people with it and without it. its an overall fun time waster
    12-14-12 10:48 PM
    It's pretty much "buy my coins" game, nothing more
    Can't even buy coins, gives me an appworld error message.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-15-12 12:32 AM
    This thing is a blast. What are you people whining and hating about??
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    12-15-12 08:14 AM
    This thing is a blast. What are you people whining and hating about??
    Must be the entitlement generation.
    mundo472 likes this.
    12-15-12 08:25 AM
    Love this game :-)

Regards

Damian
    12-15-12 12:24 PM
    Be sure to visit halfbrick's Facebook page and comment/like their post announcing that JPJR is now on the playbook. Let them see we like their games and that they should port more to BB.
    12-15-12 07:48 PM
    just loaded it this afternoon,,, the 3D sound, design & optimization are great,,, mucho thanks to all that brought this to us,,, so what if it's not battlefield 3 & takes more than 1.3 seconds to load,,, it's a great little time killer, fun, challenging & FREEE!!! i'm pretty picky abt what i load into any of my machines & trust me when i tell ya, if it's junk i waste no time in dumping it,,, this 1 has a cozy spot in my playbook 4 sure,,, keep 'em comin' halfbrick...
    12-15-12 08:29 PM
    Hi lexsteryo, how'd you edit your scoreloop profile name? Mine just shows Player and a bunch of numbers.
    12-16-12 01:25 AM
    Runs smooth on my Galaxy S3, but laggy on my PB. Meh.
    12-16-12 01:32 AM
    Must be the entitlement generation.
    Or maybe the higher expectation generation.

1. This game got a lot of hype, and there was a lot of free pre-release copies being rubbed in people's faces.
    2. The PlayBook has been receiving some great quality games in the last 6 months, games that have built on the basic models we were seeing in mobile gaming a few years ago. These are games that have managed to preserve the pick-up-and-play quality, while exploring new depths of gameplay, discovery, progression and creativity. These are also games that make us feel like the developer doesn't think we're idiots.

That to me isn't entitlement, though it may be snobbery. I've been gaming for 30 years, and while I can easily see quality in any production, I'm also extremely critical. Jetpack Joyride is at this point a step back in mobile gaming, and the genre (touch to go up, release to go down) needs a hefty breath of innovation, or better yet, needs to be clubbed like the proverbial baby seal.
    adi_vastava likes this.
    12-16-12 08:21 AM
    Someone get this guy a bottle then put him down for a nap.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    12-16-12 09:19 AM
    Hi lexsteryo, how'd you edit your scoreloop profile name? Mine just shows Player and a bunch of numbers.
    I did that in Pop Corny game I believe, any game that has the scoreloop icon, could have the option to create, login to account.
    12-16-12 09:58 AM
    Someone get this guy a bottle then put him down for a nap.
    Why?! Coz i wanna club baby seals? Or because I'm super-excited about the direction of video games on mobile platforms, and unappreciative of people making general off-hand remarks about me because I have an opinion, support that opinion, and enjoy debating that opinion? I'm sure there are things you feel strongly about, that you would argue for or against, that others consider unimportant or trivial.

Maybe you should take a nap too, not because I feel like patronizing you, or because I think you're a baby, or beneath me, or cranky or stupid, but because naps rock. It's a fact!
    12-16-12 10:05 AM
    Jetpack Joyride is my favorite game at the moment and I own a lot of games
    Dead Space
    Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Angry Birds Space
    NOVA 2
    MC2
    MC3
    Fly Craft
    Pop Corny
    Chimpact
    Asphalt 6
    Roboteck
    PvZ
    Creavures
    Shadowgun
    Dark Galaxy
    Major Mayem
    Cut the Rope
    Death Worm
    Great Little War Game
    Rebuild
    12-16-12 11:52 AM
    Or maybe the higher expectation generation.

1. This game got a lot of hype, and there was a lot of free pre-release copies being rubbed in people's faces.
    2. The PlayBook has been receiving some great quality games in the last 6 months, games that have built on the basic models we were seeing in mobile gaming a few years ago. These are games that have managed to preserve the pick-up-and-play quality, while exploring new depths of gameplay, discovery, progression and creativity. These are also games that make us feel like the developer doesn't think we're idiots.

That to me isn't entitlement, though it may be snobbery. I've been gaming for 30 years, and while I can easily see quality in any production, I'm also extremely critical. Jetpack Joyride is at this point a step back in mobile gaming, and the genre (touch to go up, release to go down) needs a hefty breath of innovation, or better yet, needs to be clubbed like the proverbial baby seal.
    I agree with the first point you made, I hated all those jack#ss fools who thought it was cool to start threads just to shove their pirated game in our faces...
    nappp likes this.
    12-16-12 11:55 AM
    It's a simplistic game, but it's been one of my favorite time killers for a while as I have it on my ipad as well. Wish the store was working because the "counterfiet machine" for $1.99 doubles the coins you earn and is well worth paying for if you play it alot.
    12-18-12 04:21 PM
    I tried to buy that one as well. Seems to be the best in-game purchase it has to offer.
    12-18-12 08:12 PM
157 ... 4567