- 12-14-12, 08:00 AM #126
I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here too. Am I missing something? What's all the hype and gloating been about?! It's a simple "touch and release" game, with mediocre graphics and a bunch of customisations. This game is just a reminder of why we preferred our consoles and PCs 5 years ago, and a reason to appreciate how far even the simplest games have come in the last 6 months.
- 12-14-12, 09:09 AM #129
- 12-15-12, 01:32 AM #135
- CrackBerry Genius
12-15-12, 09:29 PM #140
- 3,481 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
just loaded it this afternoon,,, the 3D sound, design & optimization are great,,, mucho thanks to all that brought this to us,,, so what if it's not battlefield 3 & takes more than 1.3 seconds to load,,, it's a great little time killer, fun, challenging & FREEE!!! i'm pretty picky abt what i load into any of my machines & trust me when i tell ya, if it's junk i waste no time in dumping it,,, this 1 has a cozy spot in my playbook 4 sure,,, keep 'em comin' halfbrick...
- 12-16-12, 09:21 AM #143
1. This game got a lot of hype, and there was a lot of free pre-release copies being rubbed in people's faces.
2. The PlayBook has been receiving some great quality games in the last 6 months, games that have built on the basic models we were seeing in mobile gaming a few years ago. These are games that have managed to preserve the pick-up-and-play quality, while exploring new depths of gameplay, discovery, progression and creativity. These are also games that make us feel like the developer doesn't think we're idiots.
That to me isn't entitlement, though it may be snobbery. I've been gaming for 30 years, and while I can easily see quality in any production, I'm also extremely critical. Jetpack Joyride is at this point a step back in mobile gaming, and the genre (touch to go up, release to go down) needs a hefty breath of innovation, or better yet, needs to be clubbed like the proverbial baby seal.
- 12-16-12, 10:58 AM #145Hi lexsteryo, how'd you edit your scoreloop profile name? Mine just shows Player and a bunch of numbers.
- 12-16-12, 11:05 AM #146
Maybe you should take a nap too, not because I feel like patronizing you, or because I think you're a baby, or beneath me, or cranky or stupid, but because naps rock. It's a fact!
- 12-16-12, 12:52 PM #147
Jetpack Joyride is my favorite game at the moment and I own a lot of games
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds Space
Cut the Rope
Great Little War Game
- 12-16-12, 12:55 PM #148
- 12-18-12, 05:21 PM #149
It's a simplistic game, but it's been one of my favorite time killers for a while as I have it on my ipad as well. Wish the store was working because the "counterfiet machine" for $1.99 doubles the coins you earn and is well worth paying for if you play it alot.
- By xsacha in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 58Last Post: 03-19-13, 01:51 PM
- By jeroen_13 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 89Last Post: 01-12-13, 01:44 PM
- By xsacha in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-23-12, 10:33 AM
- By sf18443 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-15-12, 11:52 PM
- By willwnet in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 09-11-11, 01:54 PM