In App World for $6.99
    00stryder likes this.
    07-09-12 06:48 PM
    I like it but it's difficult to turn around.
    07-09-12 07:04 PM
    I like it but it's difficult to turn around.
    Thats one of the biggest criticisms that long time sonic fans have had. The controls and inertia are all off. Graphics look nice though.
    07-09-12 07:08 PM
    Downloading now
    07-09-12 07:12 PM
    Cool, dling now, play this after gof2.
    07-09-12 07:20 PM
    Woohoo. Can't wait to dig into this one. $6.99 is a tad more than I was anticipating. Figured it would be $4.99. Oh well.
    I'm sure it will be great on my playbook.
    07-09-12 09:12 PM
    I sent a tweet and a tip to Joy(Apple)stiq to let them know that the game has been released. I wonder if they will acknowledge the Playbook now that Sega brought something out for it.

But aside for the game itself, it looks good, sounds good, but the control scheme, at least for me, will take some time to get used to.
    07-09-12 10:19 PM
    Sounds good, although it's a little more expensive than I would have liked...Probably still buy it though.

EDIT: Downloaded. Must say, I think it looks a little unprofessional on the home screen, named "sonic4ep1", without any spaces or even capitalisation. Also gives me an error when I try to run it. I do have other stuff running in the background, so I'll try again in a minute or two when App World has finished installing my updates and I can close it. If it still doesn't work, I'll restart my PB and hope that works.

EDIT: Works now.

EDIT: Nope. Now it gets to the menu, I hit "New Game" and then it goes to a "Loading" screen for a moment, before the app closes. Time to restart the PB I guess.

EDIT: There we go. Working perfectly now. The controls are indeed terrible. Other than that it is decent. Nice graphics etc.
    Last edited by SifJar; 07-10-12 at 05:48 AM.
    07-10-12 05:10 AM
    Sounds good, although it's a little more expensive than I would have liked...Probably still buy it though.

EDIT: Downloaded. Must say, I think it looks a little unprofessional on the home screen, named "sonic4ep1", without any spaces or even capitalisation. Also gives me an error when I try to run it. I do have other stuff running in the background, so I'll try again in a minute or two when App World has finished installing my updates and I can close it. If it still doesn't work, I'll restart my PB and hope that works.

EDIT: Works now.

EDIT: Nope. Now it gets to the menu, I hit "New Game" and then it goes to a "Loading" screen for a moment, before the app closes. Time to restart the PB I guess.

EDIT: There we go. Working perfectly now. The controls are indeed terrible. Other than that it is decent. Nice graphics etc.
    Not sure if I would be satisfied with a game with "terrible" controls...
    07-10-12 06:48 AM
    Not sure if I would be satisfied with a game with "terrible" controls...
    Having played it a little further, and having become used to the controls, I think I could revise my opinion to "pretty bad" rather than "terrible". I still feel somewhat ripped off having paid �7 for it.
    07-10-12 08:39 AM
    was looking forward to it but everyone's saying the controls suck, so i'll pass.
    07-10-12 09:22 AM
    The controls take a little while to get used to, and I would have liked to have seen an opening story that teaches you the controls.The game basically just starts and you're left to figure it out for yourself, unless you go to the Help section and see what the controls actually do.

I agree that the "sonic4ep1" does look bad on the home screen; it looks like it was sloppily done by an app porter or something. Capitalizing a letter isn't hard!

I used to play all the Sonic games back when I had a Sega Game Gear. So far this game is pretty fun, but I haven't had more than an hour to be able to really spend time with it.

Not sure how people label the controls as "terrible," though. Every game has different controls. On my PlayBook, the games with controls I've played are 9MM, Modern Combat 2, Dead Space, Galaxy on Fire 2, Muffin Knight, The Amazing Spiderman. They all control differently and are a different point of view. Each one takes getting used to, especially if you're like me and you stop playing one out of frustration because it's difficult, and switch to another game haha.

What I'm really impressed with is how well the PlayBook handles these games. It is the perfect form factor for playing, the screen displays everything really nicely and the sound from the PlayBook is still some of the best sound on any device I've heard. And something else: I just got a new MacBook Pro with retina display, with Apple's new and improved speakers....the PlayBook's speakers are literally on par with, and I might even say better than the speakers of a $2,000+ laptop. They are really that good.
    drummer_god, SifJar and KOOLWATER like this.
    07-10-12 02:44 PM
    OK i agree the controls are pretty bad on this. I held out buying for a bit but did so the other day. After 2-3 days playing around i feel like throwing the PB at the wall. I almost want to ask appworld for my money back. I have played this on android and never had so much trouble with the control.
    07-21-12 01:44 PM
    im not having nearly as much trouble with the controls as everyone else seems to be.
    maybe it's because i played through samuri 2, which had bad controls, so now i'm used to the touch-pad.
    07-21-12 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD