does anyone know how i can back up the application data and apps on my playbook? more specifically i want to back up my progress on need for speed and apps like offline browser which was free when i brought it but has a price now.
    08-14-11 04:54 PM
    You can use Desktop Manager (DM). It will backup/restore. Although, some folks have had issues with it on some occasions.
    08-14-11 06:00 PM
    Some people who had problems with it in earlier versions of the OS were able to get the backups working with 1.0.6 or 7. In my case, the upgrades didn't change anything, but doing a security wipe after moving to 1.0.6 let it start working. I know of others who still can't back up app data, so unfortunately this doesn't appear to be a particular strong area for the device as of yet...
    08-14-11 06:11 PM
    Make sure your DeskTop Manager is the latest. They corrected this issue in the last release.

Tim
    08-14-11 08:13 PM
    Count me in the problem crowd. I have yet to get DM to even recognize my PB, nevermind back anything up. I've tried all the tricks from the forums ut nothing works. I hope the next OS update will fix this!
    08-14-11 08:15 PM
    Count me in the problem crowd. I have yet to get DM to even recognize my PB, nevermind back anything up. I've tried all the tricks from the forums ut nothing works. I hope the next OS update will fix this!
    basically thats my issue but my PB been slowing down quite a bit, probably a lot of 'residue' from junk apps ive installed.
    08-14-11 08:29 PM
    Make sure your DeskTop Manager is the latest. They corrected this issue in the last release.
    Correction: the latest release of DM fixed the problem for some people. (Well, maybe... I hadn't actually heard of any myself.)

Some people, however, still cannot back up even with the 1.0.7 OS update and the latest DM. They probably can, at least for a while, if they do a security wipe and reinstall. I know of one developer who did that and then, after a period of being able to back up, was no longer able to back up again. He's not bothering with another wipe at the moment, hoping that the next update really does fix things once and for all.
    08-15-11 07:08 PM
    Correction: the latest release of DM fixed the problem for some people. (Well, maybe... I hadn't actually heard of any myself.)

Some people, however, still cannot back up even with the 1.0.7 OS update and the latest DM. They probably can, at least for a while, if they do a security wipe and reinstall. I know of one developer who did that and then, after a period of being able to back up, was no longer able to back up again. He's not bothering with another wipe at the moment, hoping that the next update really does fix things once and for all.
    exactly my scenerio from 1 month ago - except now i beat nfs. . be sad to see it go.
    08-15-11 08:16 PM
    I am having issues doing a backup of app data right now. I chose just to back up settings and all went fine (Media is out, I have 30GB of it). It's just app data that's the issue. I have 5GB of app data and that seems high to me. How much does everyone else have?
    12-13-11 07:01 PM
    Gregerator, see this post for a possible solution or workaround: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7005674
    01-06-12 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD