Did anyone get an update notification for Ispeech Translator today? If so, you may want to think twice about upgrading it as, now thanks to the upgrade, it's no longer a "native" Playbook app but rather a "native" Android app.

Other change, unless someone can point it out to me, is that you no longer have the ability to speek your text that you want to translate. You can only type it.

Very poor update. And definately wish I never did.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    03-15-12 10:41 AM
    Yea, I saw the exact same thing. Changed to Android, will not go landscaped, does not let you talk. Shows Obama or Bush.

I agree, I would not have upgraded as I want true Playbook apps.

Brian
    03-15-12 11:59 AM
    Did anyone get an update notification for Ispeech Translator today? If so, you may want to think twice about upgrading it as, now thanks to the upgrade, it's no longer a "native" Playbook app but rather a "native" Android app.

Other change, unless someone can point it out to me, is that you no longer have the ability to speek your text that you want to translate. You can only type it.

Yes. I was wondering WTF the speech doesn't work anymore. Now I know. Gonna delete the app. Wish i hadn't upgraded the app.
    03-15-12 12:00 PM
    Very happy with the update, old version didn't seem to work on my Playbook, so it is nice to have a version that does!! Shame there is no speech recognition but sure they will add it back in eventually.........
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-15-12 12:17 PM
    'android' version does not work for me either.
    03-18-12 08:02 AM

I am happy that it finally translates now. The native version never worked for me, and judging by the comments in Appworld it did not work for many people.
    03-18-12 11:37 AM
    I upgraded and deleted it as I saw it was an android version, the native version still there and now I can't deleted it.
    05-17-12 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD