I downloaded the app at goodreader.com and it works fine on the Playbook, has any one been able to get the card reader to work? It plugs into the headphone jack.1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
- CrackBerry Addict
02-16-2013, 08:50 PM #2
- 577 Posts
I've noticed that most portable credit card readers only work on Android and iOS. I hope that changes fast.-------------------------------------------------------------
Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
* Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
Over 25 years of technology experience.
Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
I Guess we should not expect any love from Intuit according to their email response.
Thank you for contacting us. As of November 14, 2012, GoPayment no longer is supported on BlackBerry devices, and new BlackBerry users will not be able to download the app on their phones. Please visit this link (Intuit Gopayment: easy mobile payments and credit card processing All. In the Compatible Devices section, click See all devices. There you will see the compatible devices.
To process credit cards without the card reader please follow the instructions below.
If we can provide any additional support, please contact us. Our Customer Care team is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-558-9558.
Thank you for choosing Intuit Payment Solutions.
1. Launch GoPayment Application from your BlackBerry Phone.
2. Log into GoPayment Application.
3. When prompted, enter the credit card information.
4. Select Next.
5. Type in amount.
6. Confirm amount by selecting Yes.
7. Enter Memo text (optional).
8. Select Charge to process transaction.
Note: If Application Permissions window appears, select Allow.
9. If charge is successful, you will have the ability to email or text a copy of the receipt to your customer.
10. Type in your customer's email address or phone number (optional).
11. Press Send to send the receipt or Done to bypass sending a receipt.1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
And from Square Payment the same response..................
Thanks for writing in. We currently only support Apple iOS and Android platforms. We don’t have any plans to support Blackberry devices at this time. Should this change in the future, we’ll be sure to announce it. Keep an eye out for updates on https://squareup.com.
For more information on currently supported devices, visit https://help.squareup.com/customer/p...rticles/156594.
Thank you for your interest in Square.
squareup.com/help1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
The Intuit 3.75% for a key in charge, up to $10000 limit in charges, no annual fee, and get your money quick sounds like a better deal in some ways?
I see other vendors offering a BB compatible swiper, but you have to pay them $200 for that, surely not free?
- By Jonnn21 in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2012, 01:01 AM
- By b_wood00 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
- By tabcourt in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
- By cereal killer in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 5Last Post: 11-19-2008, 12:26 PM
- By Yehoshua in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2007, 05:03 PM