Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Intuit Gopayment

I downloaded the app at goodreader.com and it works fine on the Playbook, has any one been able to get the card reader to work? It plugs into the headphone jack.
    1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
    CrackBerry Addict

I've noticed that most portable credit card readers only work on Android and iOS. I hope that changes fast.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    Thanked by:
    rdonnelly (02-17-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I Guess we should not expect any love from Intuit according to their email response.

Thank you for contacting us. As of November 14, 2012, GoPayment no longer is supported on BlackBerry devices, and new BlackBerry users will not be able to download the app on their phones. Please visit this link (Intuit Gopayment: easy mobile payments and credit card processing All. In the Compatible Devices section, click See all devices. There you will see the compatible devices.

To process credit cards without the card reader please follow the instructions below.

If we can provide any additional support, please contact us. Our Customer Care team is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-558-9558.

Thank you for choosing Intuit Payment Solutions.

1. Launch GoPayment Application from your BlackBerry Phone.

2. Log into GoPayment Application.

3. When prompted, enter the credit card information.

4. Select Next.

5. Type in amount.

6. Confirm amount by selecting Yes.

7. Enter Memo text (optional).

8. Select Charge to process transaction.

Note: If Application Permissions window appears, select Allow.

9. If charge is successful, you will have the ability to email or text a copy of the receipt to your customer.

10. Type in your customer's email address or phone number (optional).

11. Press Send to send the receipt or Done to bypass sending a receipt.
    1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

And from Square Payment the same response..................

Hello,

Thanks for writing in. We currently only support Apple iOS and Android platforms. We don’t have any plans to support Blackberry devices at this time. Should this change in the future, we’ll be sure to announce it. Keep an eye out for updates on https://squareup.com.

For more information on currently supported devices, visit https://help.squareup.com/customer/p...rticles/156594.

Thank you for your interest in Square.

Mac
    Square Support ​
    squareup.com/help
    CrackBerry Abuser

As of November 14, 2012, My Blackberry device no longer supports GoPayment or Square.

1. Log into your BlackBerry device

2. Delete GoPayment and/or Square Application.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by 9Jer99 View Post
    As of November 14, 2012, My Blackberry device no longer supports GoPayment or Square.

1. Log into your BlackBerry device

2. Delete GoPayment and/or Square Application.
    If you can find me a better deal then this, also consider that Propay charges an annual fee, only allows a $500 charge unless you jump through hoops, holds a $500 retainer for a $1000 limit, and makes you jump through hoops once again to go over the $1000 limit. https://epay.propay.com/account/Default.aspx

The Intuit 3.75% for a key in charge, up to $10000 limit in charges, no annual fee, and get your money quick sounds like a better deal in some ways?

I see other vendors offering a BB compatible swiper, but you have to pay them $200 for that, surely not free?