So I was browsing the Google Play website today and noticed the following (See attachment).

Before OS2 I had my PlayBook rooted so I could run the Android Market. It was connected to my Google Account. Google must have gathered that I was using a PlayBook and flagged my account accordingly.

Google Play will also show a message if the App/Game is not compatible with the PlayBook.

I was quite surprised to see the message!

*EDIT*

I was browsing Google Play in Opera on my PC - not on my PlayBook.
    Last edited by alegs; 03-09-12 at 03:15 PM.
    03-09-12 03:11 PM
    This came up when navigating to this site on the PB browser today as well....
    03-09-12 04:52 PM
    Apparently "Where's my water" is "This app is compatible with your RIM BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps."

I sideloaded it and didn't work.

It also claims that "Modern Combat 3" works...
    Last edited by collapsed; 03-10-12 at 04:29 AM.
    03-10-12 04:20 AM
    this is not showing for me somehow... seems to be that just works for people who rooted and had the android market before.
    03-10-12 04:31 AM
    When you install Android Market and accept the terms it adds your device name to list.
    That name was what RIM chose for Android Player.
    It assumes it can run those games because it is an ARM device and doesn't even have a variable for a device not having a Linux kernel.
    03-10-12 08:03 AM
    i cant use google play, something have information to use in my Playbook, thanks
    03-12-12 12:46 PM
    When you install Android Market and accept the terms it adds your device name to list.
    That name was what RIM chose for Android Player.
    It assumes it can run those games because it is an ARM device and doesn't even have a variable for a device not having a Linux kernel.
    How did you get Android Marketplace to work? I side loaded it and all it does is crash when I try to run it.
    03-12-12 01:34 PM
    Damn, I knew I should have installed Marketplace when I had my device rooted...
    03-12-12 04:06 PM
    I've never rooted, and I still see that message. Seems strange. of course the apps will never actually download to your playbook unless they come thru appworld
    03-12-12 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD