I have a purchased version and activated it long back.

It is working OK.

But now it is prompting me to Purchase every time I access it. I guess the solution is put my email and the activation code - hit activate button and it works well.

Why is this happening?

Aiflex - could you please respond to this?
    06-15-11 11:23 AM
    Aiflex, the best troll of all time in the history of crackberry.
    mscooley likes this.
    06-15-11 02:48 PM
    Indeed. This is pretty epic.
    06-15-11 03:12 PM
    I have a purchased version and activated it long back.

It is working OK.

But now it is prompting me to Purchase every time I access it. I guess the solution is put my email and the activation code - hit activate button and it works well.

Why is this happening?

Aiflex - could you please respond to this?
    Put in a dispute with PayPal or you wont get anything as they seem to be AWOL.

Tim
    06-15-11 03:13 PM
    Thank you, I will dispute right away. much appreciated
    06-15-11 04:24 PM
    Kinda depressing, they haven't even logged into the site since 6-5.

I was thinking of whipping a mail client up, and the majority of the IMAP functionality looks like it can be done. Take a look here if you're an AS3 developer and curious what it takes to get IMAP functionality...
    /trunk/src/com/coltware/airxmail/imap/ - airxmail - ActionScript 3 Mail ( SMTP and POP3/IMAP4 ) client library - Google Project Hosting
    06-15-11 05:08 PM
    I wonder if AiFlex was using airxmail in their client, or if they wrote something from scratch. Writing a robust IMAP implementation isn't exactly a trivial task, and one that's prone to tons of issues if you don't test outside of your own confined environment.

That being said, I just took a quick look at the airxmail code. (I'm a Java developer, not an Air developer, but the code looks similar enough to understand.) It looks pretty new, but it also looks pretty basic. It doesn't really leverage the IMAP protocol's fancy capabilities for message parsing and selective content download (it pretty much treats messages just like a POP client would). I'm also not sure it handles untagged responses correctly (could lead to strange issues if multiple clients are using the same account). But I probably shouldn't go into much more depth here. That being said, as long as you don't mind contributing back to the library as you find issues (it is LGPL, after all), it may be a good starting point.
    06-15-11 07:54 PM
    After all this fiasco with AiFlex and aMail, I would not purchase it if it were approved and available in AppWorld today ... would you?
    I was one of the first to buy aVNC and was ready to buy aMail upon release but not now. He built up his rep here and then bailed. Purchasing aMail now would be like saying that what he did was okay ... and it clearly isn't.
    mscooley, howarmat and thedark722 like this.
    06-20-11 08:43 AM
    Anybody else having a problem with gmail setting up..? I enter my user name and password and aMail just keeps "Verifying Account" and nothing happens.. I'm also having a problem with setting up some POP3 accounts.. Glad I didn't pay for this program yet..!
    07-03-11 10:08 PM
    It is ALIVE! The threads that would not die and the application that would not launch!
    07-04-11 12:44 AM
    Either the guy completely bailed or RIM told him to shut up.

Just... Wow.
    07-04-11 05:51 PM
    Sent a mail every week the last 6 weeks, no response

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by danield76; 07-05-11 at 12:11 AM.
    07-04-11 11:56 PM
    Paid for the app and now the trial has expired. After several emails still no reply from William Powell at AiFlex.
    09-18-11 05:57 AM
    What happened to the aMail program? Do not have a new version?
    09-18-11 07:52 AM
    Well, few different things here I can offer that may be of some help to people still struggling to use this app...

First is, a redirect of the dns name "www.aiflex.com" works wonders to cure the registration blues. This is pretty easy to do if you have an in-house DNS server and a HTTP server available. I won't go into too much detail on this one as it requires more tinkering and if you know how to do this, there's enough information here to move you along.

If you've previously registered but don't have your activation key anymore, here's an easy fix. Go into options, about, network and copy down your mac address.
    Go here in your pc web browser: md5 Hash Generator
    In the hash generator box, put the following in: "ascasscweomowdXX:XX:XX:XX:XXPlaybook" where the XX:XX:XX:XX:XX is your playbook mac address with the letters in LOWER CASE.
    It will spit out your hash when you click "md5", this is your activation key.
    Go into aMail and bring up the purchase page, enter your email address you originally used and the activation key you got above.
    Click activate.

What are we doing here?
    The registration process brings up: http://aiflex.com/aMail/in-app/purchase.html which fires off a post to activate.php. From there, your activation key is made by getting the md5 hash of "ascasscweomowdXX:XX:XX:XX:XXPlaybook". activate.php checks to make sure the email address provided was actually used to purchase the application and then processes the md5 hash that you provided. Once verification of activate.php is done, it redirects to http://aiflex.com/aMail/in-app/success.html and the application stores the registration info.

I normally wouldn't post in depth stuff like this about an application's registration process, but I know there's quite a few users here that are frustrated with the lack of response from aiflex and I'd like to offer them SOME way of using their investment. Seeing as this developer has fallen off the face of the planet, hopefully this helps some people out.
    Last edited by HaTaX; 09-18-11 at 03:03 PM.
    lyricidal and howarmat like this.
    09-18-11 03:00 PM
    I was able to successfully install the app to my playbook. I attempted to configure a pop3 setup for my Comcast account with no success.

I have verified my pop3 information:

Username = User (without @comcast.net)
    Password = Verified by testing in my Outlook
    Incoming = mail.comcast.net
    SSL checked
    Port 995
    Outgoing = smtp.comcast.net
    Port 587
    SSL checked
    Same As Incoming Server (username and password)

COULD NOT CONNECT - "Could not connect to the mail server. Make sure you have internet connection and try again."

Is anyone else having pop3 setup issues?
    09-22-11 04:06 PM
    yep.. this app pretty much sucks.. looks pretty, but, sucks.. I updated my OS to OS-2 Beta and now it wants me to register again.. when I try, the thing crashes.. So it's $3 bucks of waste and they don't seem to reply to e-mails..
    11-09-11 10:02 PM
    I thought it time to resurrect this thread. I have started a new thread on BB beta zone to John to help sort this out since he seems to be trying to answer the diffcult questions. If IM+ can get approved with enough pressure why not third party email?
    11-17-11 02:57 PM
    RIM, AFAIK, doesn't intend to make a multi-IM app (although I wish they would) whereas they do intend to make an email app. Maybe that's the difference.
    Also, from what I hear aMail stopped bothering.
    11-18-11 02:37 PM
    Oh man I started reading this thread from the beginning and totally didn't clue-in that it was from months ago.

"new email app ?? - awesome!"

I was even 'liking' and 'thanking' comments from the beginning of the thread

Are the download links still active? Someone should change the thread title or break those links just in case someone else thinks this is a new release and gets sucked in by the scam.
    11-18-11 06:30 PM
    This app is junk and no reply from emails i have sent
    01-30-12 02:14 PM
    This app is junk and no reply from emails i have sent
    And the prophecy came true...
    01-30-12 02:21 PM
222 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD