Hi everyone,

After a lot of positive feedback on my last app and a long time spent working on this, I finally finished it. It's my second app I ever made, so hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

A little animated, interactive story book, originally meant for kids, but I'm positive it'll bring a few minutes of fun to all you big kids out there (including me), hehe.

You can get it here: Free The Icky Mr Fox - Download The Icky Mr Fox - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Please do leave a review if you can, it means a lot to us at ICKYPEN (the two man band that is me and my brother)

Originally made for Playbook, but since it's in Air it's submitted for the other two.. erm... you know.... lol

And here's a little preview I made :P
    [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa7V2h-mSTg[/YT]
    Last edited by ickyalyx; 07-13-12 at 08:08 AM.
    07-11-12 09:10 AM
    Not sure if I'll get this - but it amazes me the talent of the folks we have with us here on CrackBerry!

FOR SURE - Icky - if I had little ones I'd get this in a heart beat. Maybe if my GF's grandson (3 or 4 years old) makes a visit to her house from out of state I can get it for him.
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-11-12 09:25 AM
    I want to start by saying "Thank you for your support on the BB PlayBook"
    I will be downloading it (for the young one) and will provide feedback once she is has time to play with it.

Thank you and have a great day!
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-11-12 09:27 AM
    Thanks guys
    07-11-12 09:31 AM
    My 3yo grand daughter loves Mr. Fox and Mr. Rabbit. She actually loves the animation. Downloading this one now.
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-11-12 09:37 AM
    My 3yo grand daughter loves Mr. Fox and Mr. Rabbit. She actually loves the animation. Downloading this one now.
    Awesome! Hope she likes this one too!
    07-11-12 09:40 AM
    "This item is not supported by your current device profile" is what I am getting. Therefore I can't download it. HELP!!! BE BOLD!!!
    07-11-12 11:10 AM
    "This item is not supported by your current device profile" is what I am getting. Therefore I can't download it. HELP!!! BE BOLD!!!
    Use the search field from App World and search the app by its name.
    07-11-12 11:16 AM
    I downloaded this yesterday when it came out in "new arrivals" and loved it so much that I went searching for your first 'book app' to download. Thanks! I'll pop over to appworld and leave 5 star reviews now.
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-11-12 11:17 AM
    Make sure your Playbook is updated to the latest OS

I downloaded this yesterday when it came out in "new arrivals" and loved it so much that I went searching for your first 'book app' to download. Thanks! I'll pop over to appworld and leave 5 star reviews now.
    Thanks so much! Really happy to hear you like it! )))))))))))
    07-11-12 11:50 AM
    Not sure if I'll get this - but it amazes me the talent of the folks we have with us here on CrackBerry!
    Very well said. I'm utterly amazed and astonished at what people on here can produce. And this is only his/her (?) second application made! Good lord, I can't even program the clock on my microwave correctly.

I'm curious as to how long, from start to finish, did it take to create this?
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-11-12 01:04 PM
    I'll definitely give this a shot. Good luck and keep developing.
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-11-12 01:47 PM
    Very well said. I'm utterly amazed and astonished at what people on here can produce. And this is only his/her (?) second application made! Good lord, I can't even program the clock on my microwave correctly.

I'm curious as to how long, from start to finish, did it take to create this?
    I'm a "he", it's a two man brother band here Hehe
    I started properly working on it in mid May. So it's been a while.
    My brother wrote the story pretty quickly, then it took him under a week to create the illustrations.
    Developing and animating was the longest really. My ActionScript3 knowledge was and still is limited, so I had to learn a lot as I went (as simple as everything might seem).
    One day to record and edit the voice-over.
    One day to produce music and sounds.
    About 3-4 days to test and resolve any issues, make changes, add stuff.

So altogether I can say it's been two months at least from writing the story to finishing the app
    07-11-12 01:51 PM
    My hands are itching to create another one :P
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-11-12 07:45 PM
    Thank you very much for this app. I am thoroughly impressed. Please keep them coming.
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-11-12 09:15 PM
    Did you manage install it ok?
    07-12-12 10:07 AM
    Downloaded, can't wait for my son (5) and I to read it together. Great Job!
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-12-12 10:14 AM
    Downloaded, can't wait for my son (5) and I to read it together. Great Job!
    Thanks a lot! Hope he likes it
    07-12-12 07:05 PM
    Thanks a lot! Hope he likes it
    Read it yesterday, he loved it! And my 2yo daughter happily joined the action. The very last scene had them giggling for minutes

I especially like the audio part, there are many children books in App World that do not have any sound and I find that it adds a lot to the experience.

Thank you for the great product. Looking forward to your new work.

Are you and your brother Russian by any chance? I am only saying this based on your names
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-13-12 09:48 AM
    Read it yesterday, he loved it! And my 2yo daughter happily joined the action. The very last scene had them giggling for minutes

I especially like the audio part, there are many children books in App World that do not have any sound and I find that it adds a lot to the experience.

Thank you for the great product. Looking forward to your new work.

Are you and your brother Russian by any chance? I am only saying this based on your names
    Awesome! Really happy they enjoyed it, makes us want to make more The ending really made us think, it was different initially and we changed it as the app neared completion. Happy to know we made the right decision

I know what you mean about audio in other books, I guess those books are meant to be read by parents. We initially created our first story without a voice-over, but soon realised that it would really make it better.

And yup, we are both Russian, but we've lived in the UK since we were kids.
    07-13-12 11:26 AM
    Superb app! My 5 week old is a bit young for it at the moment, but the kids in me and my wife loved it.

Well done!
    ickyalyx likes this.
    07-14-12 02:39 AM
    Superb app! My 5 week old is a bit young for it at the moment, but the kids in me and my wife loved it.

Well done!
    Thank you so much!
    07-14-12 09:12 AM
    Thanks for your support everyone It's really appreciated
    07-15-12 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD